Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Pick your poison.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as i loved playing Final Fantasy 9, I remember it having a really strange ending, or at least the last boss was very unsatisfying. It might be due to me either not getting it or not remembering it correctly, but as far as I remember it was something like this: You follow and defeat Kuja, who does some sort of self destruction after you beat him, essentially killing your party. BUT you are so pumped that you won't just lay down and... be dead, but rather fight Death, so you can stay alive after all?

At least the cinematics afterwards were quite nice and it had a happy ending with emotions and whatnot... but hey, the main char wasn't some emo like in FF8, so I actually liked that they were having a good time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    For Bolvar to sacrifice himself and telling them no one can know is a very powerful ending.
    Maybe as deep and powerful as a puddle.

Deleted
    i think fahrenheit would have to be mine.
    a great game with a top storyline, but the ending was a bit of a letdown.

my 1000th post /cheer

Deleted
    TES IV: Oblivion - "Oh hey, you're that dude that helped Martin Septim defeat Mehrunes Dagon. He is such a hero and you knew him, how was he?"

Yeah, fuck you too, people of Tamriel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaschnack View Post
    As much as i loved playing Final Fantasy 9, I remember it having a really strange ending, or at least the last boss was very unsatisfying. It might be due to me either not getting it or not remembering it correctly, but as far as I remember it was something like this: You follow and defeat Kuja, who does some sort of self destruction after you beat him, essentially killing your party. BUT you are so pumped that you won't just lay down and... be dead, but rather fight Death, so you can stay alive after all?

At least the cinematics afterwards were quite nice and it had a happy ending with emotions and whatnot... but hey, the main char wasn't some emo like in FF8, so I actually liked that they were having a good time now.
    The most popular theory surrounding Necron is that he is Soulcage. This is a (mostly) accurate version of that theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, well that does indeed make it all sound more logic than simply "let's kill death" ^^

And considering how old I was when the game came out I am at least not surprised that I didn't come up with such theories.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i think fahrenheit would have to be mine.
    a great game with a top storyline, but the ending was a bit of a letdown.

my 1000th post /cheer
    The game is a great example of "dog ate the script".

Which, weirdly, is so very fitting for that game.

I don't know, I didn't like FFXIII-2's ending that much, but I didn't really the game much at all!

Deleted
    Farcry3
    ME3
    Cata

Fallout 3, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed, Shenmue 2, Halo 2

From recent memory:
    Mass Effect 3, pre-extended cut
    Mass Effect 3, post-extended cut
    Deus Ex: HR
    Fallout 3, pre-DLC

Also, Darksiders 2 felt rushed. I think they just ran out of time.

Deleted
    Cata's ending was the most horrific thing ever. The aspects losses their powers, which killed almost any oppotunity to give them interesting roles in the future, just because it's the second age of mortals since Warcraft 3, and then we get preggo Aggra which was the last thing I wanted to see in that cinematic.

Disappointing ending to a disappointing expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaschnack View Post

Play the game again or read into the game. Kuja does not kill you with uitima and at the point of fighting him hes too weak and dying anyways, Hell he even blows him himself away with the power of the attack. Because the crystal became under attack ( The grand object of life in ff9 ) that attack summoned Necron as he believe life is ready to end. All of a sudden he looks down and notices Zidane and his party still alive. The battle for Life Vs. Death begins.

I cant see how so many people cant get why he shows up. then again most people are under normal IQ standards.

On topic : Halo 2 = Okay lets do the next leve- WTF!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-10-08 at 07:00 PM.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by sapit View Post
    Darksiders 2.

I didn't even know I was fighting the final boss until I got the achievement for beating the game after I killed him. Then the game just suddenly ends.
    If that's the case then you weren't paying attention to the story at all.

Cataclysm
    GTA V if you chose any other option than C.It's like asking if you wanted to chop off your left arm or your right arm, instead of going after people you REALLY want dead
    Half Life 2 episode 2.God damnit Gaben, learn to count to 3.
    Fallout 3 without Broken Steel.
    And the one and only ME3.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF13-2.
    FFX-2's perfect ending. It ruined the bittersweet ending of FFX.
    Cata.
    Third birthday or Parasite Eve 2. I wish they just left the series alone with the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Also, Darksiders 2 felt rushed. I think they just ran out of time.
    Or money. Which is very likely, considering what happened to Relic afterwards.

/sigh

I really hope the series gets picked up again by someone else (who isn't incompetant). I want a co-op mode where all Four Horsemen can ride together.