Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Cool Arms + which Heals for 2s..?

    Been running a lot of 2's lately and got up to 1700 with my MW buddy but he keeps ripping on his class when we lose because he thinks MW are just so much worse when compared to other healers. The mobility of our comp is awesome but its the lack of peels and CC that seems to really be hamstringing us. He also kept saying that he tears through mana and his gimpy after his green bubble.

    So, my question to you is which of Hpal, RDruid, Disc and RSham are most viable while trying to push rating? I'll admit I usually play with an Enh Sham or Rogue and don't know too much about Healers CD's, CCs and crucial abilities needed for 2's. Having said that, i'll list a few of the things I would consider a plus to our "viability" but then again I could be WAY off because I haven't really pushed rating before.

    -Hpal: freedom, bop, bubble, fear, blinding light, we both rockin plate
    -Rdruid: mobility, cyclone, roots, HotW nuke if I can't finish the job.... are druids gimpy after treeform?
    -Disc: absorbs, MC, fear... and I can never seem to kill Discs....
    -Rsham: hex, shield, mobility...uh... don't see that many Rshams tbh

    Please halp! THANKS!

  2. #2
    I think druids only get gimpy after tree form in 3's
    for 2's its great, you can basically out last any 2's dps teams and for other healer+dps teams it's good for emergences.
    also druids get intimidating shout from you, so it's nice to set up cc chains ( maim, cyclone, disroar, fear) something warriors lack

  3. #3
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    229
    First of all your mw is bad.

    Honestly ill consider paladin and priest with warrior.

    paladin freedom just make warrior too good.

    priest are just op otherwise.

  4. #4
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,158
    Something seems wrong with your Mwer, I have gotten to 1800 with a warrior. A good mistweaver should put some pressure out, and with a warriors damage something has to give.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire Edx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flanders, Belgium
    Posts
    433
    I played a bit of Warrior/Druid this season (as the Druid). It's pretty good, I can CC someone all day with Clone, Bash and Symbiosis Fear and do some damage inbetween with HotW. Pretty much any healer works with Warrior in 2s (including MW), but a good Holy Paladin was the most annoying to deal with in my experience.

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    229
    what's wrong with the mw is lack of cc, proper management of mana ( using wrong healing or too much jade lighting). Let Sat your about to line up your cd for s kb, pop a small cd and cc to force a trinket. Then wait like a min or so then line up fear, paralysis, monk stun, then appear hand if need.

  7. #7
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,103
    Best to worst healer: Shaman/Druid, Priest, Paladin, Mistweaver

    This is with DR from cc, support and general survivability and syngergy between the warrior and healer.
    Epic!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    I played a bit of Warrior/Druid this season (as the Druid). It's pretty good, I can CC someone all day with Clone, Bash and Symbiosis Fear and do some damage inbetween with HotW. Pretty much any healer works with Warrior in 2s (including MW), but a good Holy Paladin was the most annoying to deal with in my experience.
    i've had 1 or 2 resto druid absolutely destroy me with HotW in feral, maybe they got lucky with crits?

  9. #9
    Priest is by far the #1 healer at the moment, especially for 2v2.

    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-2-0-0.html

  10. #10
    Any healer is good. Holy priest is OP, 90% of the ladder is holy priests so you should have put that as an option rather than disc (no one plays disc anymore).

    Paladins are dumb in 2s cause they have fear now, shaman/warrior might be pretty bad cause of lack of CC though.

    I think druids only get gimpy after tree form in 3's
    Resto Druids don't even pick Tree Form for 2s anymore unless vs a DK.

    my MW buddy but he keeps ripping on his class when we lose because he thinks MW are just so much worse when compared to other healers
    That just isn't true, especially in 2s. MW monks have infinite utility if played properly.
    Last edited by Champxoxo; 2013-10-08 at 12:18 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Priest is by far the #1 healer at the moment, especially for 2v2.

    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-2-0-0.html
    ooo i like charts thanks! wait so Holy Priests are killin it now not Discs?!

    j/w why are they such a good comp though? What talents do most of this disc priests have?

    seems like R.Druid are fkn impossible to kill cuz of HoT's and mobility, not to mention all that CC they have + HotW for added nuke on teh target

  12. #12
    j/w why are they such a good comp though? What talents do most of this disc priests have?
    Holy priests tend to never die either. Lightwell/guardian passively makes every invincible. They have tons of unavoidable CC.

    Resto Druids die quite easily, priests can kite infinitely as well with angelic feather. But as its MoP people just tend to die in a stun.

    Resto Druid hots suck at the moment, they tend to have to spam heal / stand in mushroom efflorescence to keep themselves up

    Chastie --> Angelic Feather --> Spectral Guise --> Run in to fear, makes Holy Priests OP.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    ooo i like charts thanks! wait so Holy Priests are killin it now not Discs?!

    j/w why are they such a good comp though? What talents do most of this disc priests have?

    seems like R.Druid are fkn impossible to kill cuz of HoT's and mobility, not to mention all that CC they have + HotW for added nuke on teh target
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

  14. #14
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    Holy priests tend to never die either. Lightwell/guardian passively makes every invincible. They have tons of unavoidable CC.

    Resto Druids die quite easily, priests can kite infinitely as well with angelic feather. But as its MoP people just tend to die in a stun.

    Resto Druid hots suck at the moment, they tend to have to spam heal / stand in mushroom efflorescence to keep themselves up

    Chastie --> Angelic Feather --> Spectral Guise --> Run in to fear, makes Holy Priests OP.
    Train the holy priest and win. Lightwell and PoM is fixed. They heal for shit. Holy priest have no silence/interrupt immunity.
    Sit the priest until your fotm-faceroll class can pop all cds and watch the healer die.
    Epic!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Train the holy priest and win. Lightwell and PoM is fixed. They heal for shit. Holy priest have no silence/interrupt immunity.
    Sit the priest until your fotm-faceroll class can pop all cds and watch the healer die.
    Good luck catching him.

  16. #16
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Good luck catching him.
    Feathers means shit with 100% uptime on hamstring, infected wounds, burdened guilt, disable, remorseless winter ETC ETC ETC...
    Epic!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Feathers means shit with 100% uptime on hamstring, infected wounds, burdened guilt, disable, remorseless winter ETC ETC ETC...
    What exactly is your point? He asked what healer worked best with a warrior, and statistically the answer is "priest". You personally being unable to survive melee has literally zero impact on the answer.

  18. #18
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    What exactly is your point? He asked what healer worked best with a warrior, and statistically the answer is "priest". You personally being unable to survive melee has literally zero impact on the answer.
    I was answering someone else in the thread because they adressed me. Do you not know how discussion on a forum works?
    I already answered the thread creater several posts ago. Nice work making this about something else.

    The BEST healer for an arms warrior is obviously one that doesnt DR his fears and/or need constant peeling to stay alive. Common logic.
    Druid/Paladin/Shaman is the superior choice over a priest specifically for an arms warrior in 2v2.
    Epic!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    The BEST healer for an arms warrior is obviously one that doesnt DR his fears and/or need constant peeling to stay alive. Common logic.
    Druid/Paladin/Shaman is the superior choice over a priest specifically for an arms warrior in 2v2.
    In theory, your logic is sound. In practice, due to class/spec imbalances, it is not true. Priest/war makes the least sense but in reality it may be the strongest war/healer comp currently. Both of the classes have good survivability and even if all their CC DRs, a priest going hard CC on one target while the warrior uses defensives correctly and puts out pressure is simply effective in the current state of the game.

    Druids are also very good. They can CC a target well and contribute to a kill using hotw, but the druid does die a bit more easily.

    Paladins are alright. Freedom allows the warrior to have more uptime but I feel like that is about all they contribute offensively. They do have a pretty good CC chain that they can set up independently, but pallies are (I think?) pretty susceptible to caster damage. Warriors can shut down casters good but double caster might still be tough.

    Shaman, as previously stated, lack CC and I personally feel like they also lack the offensive pressure needed to be successful. That being said, some aggressive purging can help to warrior out a lot.

    Mistweaver, while also lacking substantial CC, has fairly decent pressure if the monk can consistently do damage. The monk just has to know when to get the hell out of dodge when he is getting focused. Insane kiting is how he needs to stay alive. He may only have life cacoon as a major defensive cooldown, but his mobility and the warriors self defensives should give you a lot of survivability.

  20. #20
    Resto shaman here. I run 2s with a ret pally who is extremely good. I ran about 4 games with an equally as good arms warrior and won all 4 no problem. Despite what the ladders say for 2s. R shamans are very strong we tend to fall off around 2k-2.2k rating but with a good R shaman 1-2000 will be about 40-60 wins. My w/l is 66% but that was before I switched my talents up to something more 2s suited im currently wreclomg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post
    Shaman, as previously stated, lack CC and I personally feel like they also lack the offensive pressure needed to be successful. That being said, some aggressive purging can help to warrior out a lot.
    Im sorry but where did you get this information? 2 stuns depending on your last talent. Capacitor and are earth elementals stun. Combine that with a hex and a windshear the healer is locked down for 9-12 seconds with just my shit alone. Add on a warriors fear and thats 15-16 seconds easily enough time to kill a healer. Please don't misinform people, just because we can't spam our cc like the other classes doesn't mean we can't set up a badass stunlock.
    Last edited by Kirino; 2013-10-08 at 06:02 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •