10+ Year Old Account

Computer Crashing

Hey guys.

So, i've had this PC for roughly 3 years now, with a graphics card being recently bought about half a year back, but all of a sudden i've started getting these random freezes and I've honestly no idea what sets it off.

I had this a month or so back when I was playing WoW, my computer would randomly freeze when I was ingame, or it would freeze for like 5 minutes and itd come back but everything would be running extra slow, which made me think it was the hard-drive initially.

I ensured all of my drivers on my PC were up to date ( which they were), I cleaned out my PC and it went away for a little while, but upon coming back to my house today after 3 days of no computer use, it's freezing and acting up again.

I was under the assumption that if your HDD was starting to die, you'd hear it, but my computer only has the loud noises of the fans and thats it, no other noises.

I also had a feeling that I may have been capping out on my RAM ( due to it being on WoW), but just there I only had Itunes, 2 word documents and google chrome open and it froze on me.

My computer currently runs
    -Windows 7 64 bit ( all updated)
    - GPU is Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti
    -AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor.
    -4gig DDR3 Ram
    not sure on what the PSU i'm running is, but im sure i can find that out somewhere.

Does anyone have any ideas about what it could be, i'd be eternally grateful.

When my harddrive was dying I'd get freezing without it making a noise. It was only when it finally died that it made a clicking sound. It's hard to say what it is. You could try running Linux off a USB or from a DVD drive. If you still getting freezing then you know it's not the harddrive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should mention as well, if I'm playing music or something, when it freezes, the music wont continue, but makes a kind of BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ noise, like i'd imagine a record skipping if its scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    I should mention as well, if I'm playing music or something, when it freezes, the music wont continue, but makes a kind of BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ noise, like i'd imagine a record skipping if its scratched.
    I had this at the start of MoP, and ending of Cata. It was a graphics driver problem, I finally got it fixed with a beta driver. I'm using a 7970 though.