Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've been to all those cities and honestly your budget is fine, if you don't mind staying in a medium hotel (not the best, not the worst). You can budget travel in all those cities. I don't know if you and your partner like animals but if you do, Amsterdam has one of the best zoos in Europe (in my opinion), and couple that with some great architecture and sight seeing whilst being one of the cheaper options and a canal tour is pretty romantic and unique even in the cold weather. I think Prague probably has some of the best museums listed though, or Paris for art - Paris would be the most expensive in my opinion.

You might want to add Dublin to your list of possibilities - I love going there for weekend breaks.

Deleted
    Why not Bruges in Belgium? I heared a lot of tourists like it there.

Budapest is pretty nice and often overlooked, havn't been there in the winter though.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    You will most likely enjoy your time in any of those places on your list - though I would personally avoid Amsterdam at a cold time of year, and Paris as London is much better, for no particular reason other than to annoy Sylphen.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2013-10-06 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You will most likely enjoy your time in any of those places on your list - though I would personally avoid Amsterdam at a cold time of year, and Paris as London is much better, for no particular reason other than to annoy Sylphen.
    You don't even try anymore.

OT: Prague or Paris are the best options for a romantic getaway. And unless you take your girlfriend on a shopping spree, your budget should be more than enough for a weekend in Paris.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    You don't even try anymore.
    Just making sure you're paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prague can look fantastic during winter time when it's snowing Berlin as well.
    -K

Others have already mentioned such jewels as Prague, Brugge and Edinburgh. Other fun cities/towns to visit are Cardiff, Antwerpen and... Hey; give these a shot while you're at it: http://www.tourismontheedge.com/best...e-in-2012.html

Thanks for all the great ideas!

Might go to Prague.. always wanted to see that place and it feels cheaper than London and I'll go to London once I have more money.
    Amsterdam feels like a spring / summer town..

But cant decide if I should go within a month or wait until Christmas :P

Deleted
    i do not know, how you realyl want to spend your holiday, but if you want something romantic... well, i might suggest to avoid the "known" tourist target towns - especially if budget is tight (like, a coffe in the piazza San Marco is quite great, until you get the bill). Check out the lesser known cities - like the above mentioned Krakow f.e. (or some lesser known cities in Italy or in the mediterranium, its off season, so the heat wont kill you and its still beautiful )

Deleted
    I'd go to Paris if i were you. It is an expansive city for sure, but you have quite the budget there 800 for one week end is more than enough. Paris (i'd say London too but the public transportation services are way more expansive than in Paris where you can take the metro for 1,4 €. A lot of sightseeing there, quite a romantic place if you find the right spots. Montmartre is nice.
    Le Louvre is an amazing museum, it is not that expansive considering all there is to see in here.
    And if you go to Paris on time you can see the windows of the shops on Les Champs Elysées are floodlit. You can see all that for free which is pretty good when you don't want to spend too much.

Berlin is great too. You're from Sweden so you don't have to fear the cold there in this period ^^. Paris is smaller in size though. Even if there are lots of things to do, you can still see a lot in there because of how concentrated things are.

Deleted
    If you're looking for a smaller town, you could visit Stuttgart in Germany.
    They have a big Christmas Market there between Nov 27th and Dec 23rd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuttgart

Or probably even more famous - the Christmas Market in Nuremberg.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg

Both towns also have several museums etc. Ironically, I've never been to either of them myself, I just hear it's nice and shouldn't be as expensive as London or Paris. They're both fairly large cities, but not overly so which means you wouldn't be missing out on so much stuff.

Deleted
    Germany is an exception as the capital Berlin is cheaper than most other cities. Edinbrough was beautiful, was in Scotland this summer, but hardly cheap. From all written, Prague might be your best choice, beautiful, romantic, great culture and low prices... except for your not drinking beer at dinner, which might be considered odd there :P

You can probably find a nice deal on weekend packages to Reykjavík at www.icelandair.se . Not so sure we have the best museums, but plenty of daytrips and of course the northern lights tours during the nights

Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Germany is an exception as the capital Berlin is cheaper than most other cities. Edinbrough was beautiful, was in Scotland this summer, but hardly cheap. From all written, Prague might be your best choice, beautiful, romantic, great culture and low prices... except for your not drinking beer at dinner, which might be considered odd there :P
    Haha yeah! But we've always said we wanted to go to Prauge and try their beer, go to Russia to drink Vodka etc :P

Feeling like Prauge is the place for us tbh..

But again, at what time should we go? Should we go asap or should we wait until Christmas time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    But again, at what time should we go? Should we go asap or should we wait until Christmas time?
    The greatest advantage of Christmas is: Everyone goes out of their ways to add that little bit of extra. Decorations, lights, atmosphere. Plus you'll generally have better weather, what with autumn being unpredictable as anything. So I'd hold out for Christmas, if I were you.
    Although... It's probably the more expensive season, so maybe you want to go early December/late January instead.