Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is worth it, generally don't gem for int. Choose either haste or mastery as your target. The int gems only happen at very high gear levels and the math is so fuzzy at that point anyway (makes no observable difference).

Aim for 12684. Haste increases DPS from bombs linearly, the breakpoints are just for proc triggering events. So the extra haste above the LB breakpoint isn't wasted at all, don't worry. You'll notice the duration of the DoT fluctuates with haste as well, that's a compensation mechanism which scales between breakpoints

Deleted
    Hi Akraen,

First of all thank you for your amazing work.
    I'm kind of a lurker on this forum for years so here is my first post.

Studying what you've done, i don't know what to do. askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/archimonde/malrya here is my char (can't post entire link).
    I am currently running the mastery build with 9522 haste with pretty good results but i want to go for mixture build.

I can get the 15832 breakpoint by sacrificing some gemming bonus (-991 int) and droping to 9442 mastery (it would be better if i had this immerseus trinket but no luck with those ones).

Is it worth it ?

Then i read your post again and again but can't find if we have to unglyph IV in mixture build.

Also, i read that when IV is unglyphed, you don't want to use it with AT, why ?

Thank you for your answer (or any other guy taht will take time to answer me).

I have 16.8k haste, and I like it.

Ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethell View Post
    I have 16.8k haste, and I like it.

Ok?
    Yes, ok! 16.8k is a good number, but if you can get to 16946, you'll add another NT tick when your meta gem is up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by franak View Post
    Hi Akraen,

First of all thank you for your amazing work.
    I'm kind of a lurker on this forum for years so here is my first post.

Studying what you've done, i don't know what to do. askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/archimonde/malrya here is my char (can't post entire link).
    I am currently running the mastery build with 9522 haste with pretty good results but i want to go for mixture build.

I can get the 15832 breakpoint by sacrificing some gemming bonus (-991 int) and droping to 9442 mastery (it would be better if i had this immerseus trinket but no luck with those ones).

Is it worth it ?

Then i read your post again and again but can't find if we have to unglyph IV in mixture build.

Also, i read that when IV is unglyphed, you don't want to use it with AT, why ?

Thank you for your answer (or any other guy taht will take time to answer me).
    Thanks for the compliment. Few things here:

If you want to go for the mixture build, 15832 might be too tough right off the bat. I'd say go to 12684 haste first. Don't lose intellect socket bonuses, that's a horrible idea. It's ok to drop to 9442 mastery to do this.

Don't unglyph IV anymore for any reason, it was fixed now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post

Thanks for the compliment. Few things here:

If you want to go for the mixture build, 15832 might be too tough right off the bat. I'd say go to 12684 haste first. Don't lose intellect socket bonuses, that's a horrible idea. It's ok to drop to 9442 mastery to do this.

Don't unglyph IV anymore for any reason, it was fixed now
    Thank you, i will test this on our garrosh trys tonight.

Was able to get a #7 ranking on normal jugg doing 340k. Frost is awesome. I'm running with unglyphd icy veins tho. Should I glyph it for single target fights? I'm stacking haste btw. Also is BBoY really the third trinket choice for us? That haste and big proc, not to mention it's rppm. Idk about you guys but bindings can screw me over on pull when it doesn't want to proc until after my totem and meta wear off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkeey View Post
    Was able to get a #7 ranking on normal jugg doing 340k. Frost is awesome. I'm running with unglyphd icy veins tho. Should I glyph it for single target fights? I'm stacking haste btw. Also is BBoY really the third trinket choice for us? That haste and big proc, not to mention it's rppm. Idk about you guys but bindings can screw me over on pull when it doesn't want to proc until after my totem and meta wear off.
    It's the passive on PBoI that matters.

BBoY is great, just the very nature of how multistrike works on KTT and that KTT is also RPPM gives it the second slot choice. Also, BBoY is from Heroic Garrosh and therefore the end of progression. I fully intend to get one to push things to the limits, but I just don't consider heroic end-boss in my BiS list.

You can continue to keep IV unglyphed if you're enjoying the snapshot fun. It'll work out in favor of glyphed IV though for you to now put it back on

I just love having another haste cooldown in IV, but if it is a dps increase to switch to glyph then obviously I'll do this. Is this the case for every encounter? And I am a huge fan of KTT, multistrike is great.

Also a side note on cleave trinket, managed to pick one up last week. The cleave at one point was my number 2 ability on galakras...frost bomb + cleave is freaking OP. For cleave trink would you combo with PBoI I assume?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and sorry for all the questions, I feel like I should bring more than just questions to this forum since I know a lot of the meat and potato stuff about frost

Hi Akraen

First up, thanks for all ur posts on frost mages, i follow ur logs, posts and advice religiously.. please keep up the good work mate!! I am however a little stuck and need ur advice. Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rbang/advanced

Character: Oscarbang EU-Silvermoon (its the only Oscarbang, sorry, i cant paste a link to armory as i have 0 posts)

Now from that u can see i have 16725 haste (39%) so with frost armor on it goes to 50%.. now my question to you, should i play with the idea of running Mage armour? i mean at one stage last night on Garrosh, with obv all proccs and TW, the cast time of my frostbolt was 0.6secs... so am wondering if i should get the extra DPS from mastery by switching to Mage armour... anything u can advise from my armory

Cheers and thanks for ur time Akraen
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-11-05 at 08:49 AM. Reason: added armory url

10+ Year Old Account
    Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use mage armor. Ever. It gives a flat 3k rating, whereas haste is giving a 7% multiplicative bonus.

You would be better off reforging to mastery, or gemming mastery, before switching to mage armor.

Since you have Black Blood, and if you would prefer to use that but feel as though you'd like more mastery, then can gem for it instead. Your gear isn't too far off from what I was wearing in normal modes, and I just kept stacking haste. At one point I was over 20k and I enjoyed it. Now with some heroic pieces I'm down to just above you actually and while my single target is higher, I was multidotting better when I was in normal gear :P

I really want everyone to realize that just because your frostbolt dips below GCD doesn't mean haste is suddenly bad. That's what I prove in this guide. You spend more time outside burst haste scenarios than you do within them, especially with icy veins glyphed. It might feel weird, but that's only for a small portion of the fight. For the rest of the fight it's quite nice having such rapid casts. As you increase your ilvl and mastery + haste increases, you're generating icicles fast, bombs are ticking fast, and everything is just glorious.

Here's me running w/17678 haste & 12291 mastery. Our first Heroic Malkorok kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pi...?s=1079&e=1393

ahhh cheers for that Akraen, will reforge a little bit then

Haste Bulid In a typical pull, this is my order of operations:
    Evocate -> Potion -> Icy Veins -> Frozen Orb (if safe) -> Frostbolt ~ Bomb -> Mirror Images (for snapshot)
    -> Alter Time when all or most all buffs are up - do not hold Alter Time longer than 4-6 sec.
    Just want to make sure i'm still doing this right with IV glyph now fixed, it is still more beneficial to have IV/Images uncoupled, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit451 View Post
    Just want to make sure i'm still doing this right with IV glyph now fixed, it is still more beneficial to have IV/Images uncoupled, correct?
    Mirror Images update dynamically so use them pre-pull (as you gain procs, so will they). Then use with procs when they're off CD.

I'd never macro it with anything tbh. May need them situationally for an aggro dump.

Deleted
    Hello,

ASKmrobot say, i gemming expertise and haste, it is ok? I give more haste and mastery around 8500? Is this ok? Or should I increase mastery, I try to adapt by Gear.

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nghui/advanced

Off topic but is there a priority list for FT?

IL obvious first followed by BF FFB then FB then CoC unless there's enough targets to push it up past IL cleave?

This order seems most logical to me (and I generally follow it):
    CoC (if >=3 targets, combine with freeze for maximum effect) > BF-FFB (very random, unless with frost bomb) > IL > FB
    Last edited by maizensh; 2013-11-05 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maizensh View Post
    This order seems most logical to me (and I generally follow it):
    CoC (if >=3 targets, combine with freeze for maximum effect) > BF-FFB (very random, unless with frost bomb) > IL > FB
    Curious though, is this order still correct if CoC is not glyphed.

I glyph CoC iff I intend to use it on multiple targets as DPS cd. For kiting I wouldn't use FT buff, seems like a complete waste.

Deleted
    Hi Akraen,

Thanks for your guide I have used it as guidelines for a while now, but there is still one thing i cant quite figure out about the haste breakpoints and bombs.
    The way i understand it is, if you reach 12684 haste or above until 18960 you use NT, since it gives more ticks, which means there is no point in using LB, even on single target?
    I am not sure this is right, but it is what i understand from your guide, please tell me if im wrong.
    I have been testing the two bombs out on a dummie, and NT does around 260k dmg for 1 duration (without any procs) and LB does around 350k.
    Im confused since LB still seems to still do more dmg on single target?