Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    On Shaman trash it dies due to the Mind Spikes etc. Mine randomly disappears on Thok and Garrosh though. It might actually be killed there, I don't know..
    Both of those are fights where it will chase the boss (or whatever mob it's trying to cast at) and despawn if allowed to go out of range. You still have to micro your pet a little on those particular fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Both of those are fights where it will chase the boss (or whatever mob it's trying to cast at) and despawn if allowed to go out of range. You still have to micro your pet a little on those particular fights.
    No, I am on Thok 100% of the time so I never get further than 40 yards away and I never get targeted. However, it makes sense on Garrosh.

Although to be fair, SoO is one buggy patch for pets, our hunters has issues all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    on the topic of water elemental, i like to macro blink/blazing speed to pet follow, and macro frostbolt or ice lance for pet attack. that way he is following me when i am moving and attacking when i am attacking. i almost never move without blinking or blazing speed. this keeps him in range and keeps him attacking without much effort
    I've heard that macroing frostbolt to pet attack could cause the pet's casts to be cancelled and restarted ? Not sure if that's correct though.

With what kind of procs do you think it's worth snapshotting your LB in monotarget ? For example, with how many ticks left on LB would it be worth snapshotting with meta proc + jade spirit/tailoring cape proc (3650 int 30% haste) ? Same question with a big int trinket proc (12k~) and meta proc ?
    Last edited by mmoc63282c73c3; 2013-12-24 at 12:37 PM.

Macroing /petattack into frostbolt can cause cancelled casts, which is why I don't do it. It's an outdated habit from back before pets defaulted to assist. Pet assist functionality is there for a reason. The only "DPS gain" you get from it is having your pet attack the boss or whatever at the moment you start your pre-pull frostbolt cast, which you can also do by just binding /petattack to a key.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Macroing /petattack into frostbolt can cause cancelled casts, which is why I don't do it. It's an outdated habit from back before pets defaulted to assist. Pet assist functionality is there for a reason. The only "DPS gain" you get from it is having your pet attack the boss or whatever at the moment you start your pre-pull frostbolt cast, which you can also do by just binding /petattack to a key.
    ive never ever had the issue with my pets waterbolt clipping but it may be the macro i use. and also its probable because i keep my pet on passive 24/7 and just command it around with macros
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2013-12-24 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Petattack on frostbolt causing cancelled casts> From my experience, that happened only when I had water elemental glyph active.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally decided to create an MMO-Champion Account as the mage forums on WOW just seem to be filled with nonsense. This is not a bad guide at all, pretty much what i had said a week after release. Funny thing is there are still so many mages that have questions, cant reach them all! This guide should probably end up being stickied as Kuni's is just outdated. I am going to make one for the Wow forums though and hope that it is comprehensive enough. Not to get off topic but pretty soon we will have to be doing a mage 6.0 guide. I am glad to see that so many mages are taking part in forums like this, it is helping us represent as a class and hopefully can help drown out some of Lhivera's utter nonsense. GL to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Higgsboson View Post
    Finally decided to create an MMO-Champion Account as the mage forums on WOW just seem to be filled with nonsense. This is not a bad guide at all, pretty much what i had said a week after release. Funny thing is there are still so many mages that have questions, cant reach them all! This guide should probably end up being stickied as Kuni's is just outdated. I am going to make one for the Wow forums though and hope that it is comprehensive enough. Not to get off topic but pretty soon we will have to be doing a mage 6.0 guide. I am glad to see that so many mages are taking part in forums like this, it is helping us represent as a class and hopefully can help drown out some of Lhivera's utter nonsense. GL to all!
    Read above for why it's not stickied (or actually read the sticky guide of stickies). Agreed that WoW forums are toxic but that's where all the work gets done, unfortunately. Kuni's isn't outdated at all. It's meant to be a basic understanding of the class and how the spec is broken down.

i'm just bumping so it doesn't fall off the first page...

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxese View Post
    i'm just bumping so it doesn't fall off the first page...
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_guidelines

Please don't bump threads, it goes against the guidelines of these forums which can be found in the above link.

been going oom in 45-50s at gcd cap its rather annoying

gonna have to start macroing mana gem into AT or something like i do for arcane

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    been going oom in 45-50s at gcd cap its rather annoying

gonna have to start macroing mana gem into AT or something like i do for arcane
    I wouldn't macro it into AT since the first one you use will be during a burst phase and within the first 10 secs of a fight and you won't be able to take full advantage of the mana proc. I'd use it about 30secs into your Invo timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_guidelines

Please don't bump threads, it goes against the guidelines of these forums which can be found in the above link.
    Gonna have to amend that rule or re-deliberate to make this a sticky then.

Its views have gone up tremendously and it gets far more views and people searching for it than anyone actually posting it. It's referenced all over the internet.

Deleted
    Bump #yolo

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-12-30 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Gonna have to amend that rule or re-deliberate to make this a sticky then.

The guidelines are there for good etiquette to go by. They are there to show the users what generally is a bad thing to do and make the forum a better place for all.. Some of them are direct rules as well though, just not all of them.

So that said, I really don't see a problem with "bumping" a guide of this caliber if it has fallen to the abyss of the 2nd page.. It is here to serve people and if it's on 2nd page, it just creates more threads for questions, that would be answered in the guide. Just try to make some effort to not just do something like /bump.

That doesn't mean bumping threads are accepted practice in general. Only if you have relevant info/question for that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    The guidelines are there for good etiquette to go by. They are there to show the users what generally is a bad thing to do and make the forum a better place for all.. Some of them are direct rules as well though, just not all of them.

So that said, I really don't see a problem with "bumping" a guide of this caliber if it has fallen to the abyss of the 2nd page.. It is here to serve people and if it's on 2nd page, it just creates more threads for questions, that would be answered in the guide. Just try to make some effort to not just do something like /bump.

That doesn't mean bumping threads are accepted practice in general. Only if you have relevant info/question for that thread.
    just sticky the thread. theres a mage transmog thread sticky that i think gets 1 or 2 posts a week. this one deserves a sticky. its basically a slap in the face to akraen and the other people who contribute. i dont understand what is so bad about having 2 frost threads, when one is clearly more in depth than the other. also, the other thread hasnt been posted in in over 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2013-12-31 at 12:33 AM.

I have to say that I never really liked the full haste approach you were trying to explain to the wider audience (on single target, in multi target situation haste is often a better choice), but what your guide currently has is quite amazing for anyone who has any basic questions about frost. It offers every option with enough theory to back it up and the relevant information has been squeezed in a form that makes it easy and simple to read even to someone who is fairly new to mage class. I wish every class/spec had something like this, would make rerolling much easier.

I'll certainly refer to this topic every time someone asks about frost, makes my life a lot easier. Now all we need is a topic that explains which spec to choose in a similar way...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daewyn View Post
    I have to say that I never really liked the full haste approach you were trying to explain to the wider audience (on single target, in multi target situation haste is often a better choice), but what your guide currently has is quite amazing for anyone who has any basic questions about frost. It offers every option with enough theory to back it up and the relevant information has been squeezed in a form that makes it easy and simple to read even to someone who is fairly new to mage class. I wish every class/spec had something like this, would make rerolling much easier.

I'll certainly refer to this topic every time someone asks about frost, makes my life a lot easier. Now all we need is a topic that explains which spec to choose in a similar way...
    I was thinking of using this format for all specs of the mage class in 6.0/WoD.

Is that something the community would like?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I was thinking of using this format for all specs of the mage class in 6.0/WoD.

Is that something the community would like?
    Yes. As a basic format this would definitely help. I still think that a larger, text based guide might be more practical and functional for advanced information, but for all the basic questions this format is definitely best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you mean by basic. This is most certainly advanced. Frame of reference?