Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ...
2
42
50
51
52
53
54
... LastLast
  1. #1021
    Brewmaster durrtygoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The big UK
    Posts
    1,382
    I don't think he's coming here anymore btw, best way to find him now is IRC or Icy Veins

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I don't think he's coming here anymore btw, best way to find him now is IRC or Icy Veins
    Yea. IRC is fun actually. Good to be able to talk other mages than myself.

  3. #1023
    Hello Fellow Mages, Just a few questions.

    I used the quick cheat sheet for gear but still am a little confused.

    I have 4p t16 for my frost mage. However, I also have 2 heroic non-pieces. I'm going for a full haste build.

    Heres the gear:

    ~ Heroic Tier Gloves (http://wowhead.com/item=99397)
    ~ Heroic Kalaena's Arcane Handwraps (http://wowhead.com/item=105841)
    ~ Heroic Rime-Rift Shoulders (http://wowhead.com/item=104468)
    ~ Heroic Spaulders of Kor'kron Fealty (http://wowhead.com/item=104561)
    ~ Normal Tier Pants (http://wowhead.com/item=99162)
    ~ Normal Tier Chest (http://wowhead.com/item=99152)

    Currently I'm using the Heroic Kalaena's Arcane Handwraps , Heroic Rime-Rift Shoulders, Normal Tier Pants + Chest.

    My question is, should I replace the Rime-Rift Shoulders for the Spaulders? I'd be trading Crit + Mastery for Hit + Haste.
    Or should I forget about my 2 heroic pieces and go with 4set? (Heroic Tier Gloves + Normal Shoulders, Pants, Chest)

    Also, I just got BBoYS normal. Upgraded 8ilvls to match my Totem. I should use Totem on fights with 2-3 bosses, and BBoYS on all other fights, correct?

    Thanks for the help in advance!!

  4. #1024
    There's a flow chart that tells you what to use.....but in general HWF > H > WF > N, always wear 2 pc, and always use gloves as part of the 2pc.

  5. #1025
    The Patient Tuzantar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    219
    @Demindar
    If you check the flow chart you will get your answer. But ok.
    Spaulders of Kor'kron are MILES better than the rime-rift ones.
    Hit/Haste > Crit/Mastery.
    When deciding what tier to wear it's important to consider how many hc bosses you have down. The hc shoulders is the ideal hc piece to wear with gloves, but if you don't have siegecrafter hc down, then it's kind of a moot point.
    As the chart says: Always wear tier gloves.
    If you have like 8 hc bosses, then I would suggest getting hc tier chest, and then wearing your haste/hit shoulders, getting the head from galakras with hit/haste and Iron Jugger legs. Great almost BiS combo.
    Trinkets:
    As the chart suggests, always wear PboI. Totem is better than BBoYS in all scenarios except if you really need the haste to reach the 14242 point.

  6. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post
    @Demindar
    If you check the flow chart you will get your answer. But ok.
    Spaulders of Kor'kron are MILES better than the rime-rift ones.
    Hit/Haste > Crit/Mastery.
    When deciding what tier to wear it's important to consider how many hc bosses you have down. The hc shoulders is the ideal hc piece to wear with gloves, but if you don't have siegecrafter hc down, then it's kind of a moot point.
    As the chart says: Always wear tier gloves.
    If you have like 8 hc bosses, then I would suggest getting hc tier chest, and then wearing your haste/hit shoulders, getting the head from galakras with hit/haste and Iron Jugger legs. Great almost BiS combo.
    Trinkets:
    As the chart suggests, always wear PboI. Totem is better than BBoYS in all scenarios except if you really need the haste to reach the 14242 point.

    Well my main question was: Since Im wearing H TIER gloves, that brings me to 3 pieces. Should I sacrifice heroic shoulders for normal tier so I can get the 4set?

    Also, trinket wise: Full haste build says (assuming equal ilvl) that PBoI and BBoYS are BiS...

  7. #1027
    Brewmaster durrtygoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The big UK
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Demindar View Post
    Well my main question was: Since Im wearing H TIER gloves, that brings me to 3 pieces. Should I sacrifice heroic shoulders for normal tier so I can get the 4set?
    no 10 char

  8. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    no 10 char
    10-4. Thank you sir. I didn't think so since the 4p only amounts to like 2.5% of the damage.

  9. #1029
    The Patient Kver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Yea. IRC is fun actually. Good to be able to talk other mages than myself.
    I agree. Also I am biased.

  10. #1030
    Hello guys, just some newb questions. Does amplify from PBoY is basically raw haste? that 7% or w/e it is; And also, i was curious whats ur frostbolt cast time when you have capped haste and PBoY, and how much haste do i need without it to reach that castime. Thanks!


  11. #1031
    Quote Originally Posted by Donci View Post
    Hello guys, just some newb questions. Does amplify from PBoY is basically raw haste? that 7% or w/e it is; And also, i was curious whats ur frostbolt cast time when you have capped haste and PBoY, and how much haste do i need without it to reach that castime. Thanks!
    PBoI increases your rating by the percent shown, unlike every other haste buff.

    I'm not sure what the rating is which caps your frostbolt, but nobody goes for it since you're already GCD capping at 14242.

  12. #1032
    so bassicaly, to calculate the frosbolt castime cap, i should just add 7% to my current haste, since i dont have PBoY and i proly wont get it soon( unlucky as hell xD) and thats my cap. If any1 thinks im wrong, please tell me so


  13. #1033
    Brewmaster durrtygoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The big UK
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Donci View Post
    so bassicaly, to calculate the frosbolt castime cap, i should just add 7% to my current haste, since i dont have PBoY and i proly wont get it soon( unlucky as hell xD) and thats my cap. If any1 thinks im wrong, please tell me so

    http://lhiveras-library.com/wow-spells

    You need 100% haste for 1 second frosbolts.

    Edit: When I quoted you I got your signature, is your sig part of your posts lol? Do you copy/paste it in with every post you make?

  14. #1034
    Quote Originally Posted by Donci View Post
    so bassicaly, to calculate the frosbolt castime cap, i should just add 7% to my current haste, since i dont have PBoY and i proly wont get it soon( unlucky as hell xD) and thats my cap. If any1 thinks im wrong, please tell me so
    Calculating the bonus from a % haste gain is multiplicative.

    Example:

    Assume unbuffed you have 50% haste. 50% -> 0.50.

    You now put on Frost armor, a 7% haste buff.

    Your haste now is ((0.50 * 1.07) + 0.07) * 100 = 60.5%

    The frostbolt 1s cap isn't a function of your haste individually, but rather a function of haste in general. And I don't think it's possible to get it outside of crazy haste buffs.

  15. #1035
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Calculating the bonus from a % haste gain is multiplicative.
    Example: Assume unbuffed you have 50% haste. 50% -> 0.50.
    You now put on Frost armor, a 7% haste buff.
    Your haste now is ((0.50 * 1.07) + 0.07) * 100 = 60.5%
    Although correct...it makes it read so much more complicated than saying
    Example: 1.50*1.07=1.605-> 60.5% total haste

    -- six of one, half a dozen of the other i know, maybe i just need coffee...

    (and to further the example: 50% haste from gear, 7% from armor, 5% from raid haste buff
    1.50*1.07*1.05 = 1.68525-> 68.525% haste)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-03-21 at 02:31 PM.

  16. #1036
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Although correct...it makes it read so much more complicated than saying
    Example: 1.50*1.07=1.605-> 60.5% total haste

    -- six of one, half a dozen of the other i know, maybe i just need coffee...

    (and to further the example: 50% haste from gear, 7% from armor, 5% from raid haste buff
    1.50*1.07*1.05 = 1.68525-> 68.525% haste)
    No need for coffee, I agree your math is much simpler to follow and conveys the idea an in easier way.

  17. #1037
    Regarding signature, i was doing copy paste some days ago like a newb and for frostbolt cap, i mean 1.2 sec cast time, since that is the cast time which allows you to not lose dps while having BL on and meta proc

  18. #1038
    Not sure if this is a dumb question but would one be able to go full haste build and glyph frostfire bolt and cast that while Lust/Meta is proc'd?

  19. #1039
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppi11 View Post
    Not sure if this is a dumb question but would one be able to go full haste build and glyph frostfire bolt and cast that while Lust/Meta is proc'd?
    frostfire bolt does the EXACT same dmg as frostbolt, its literally the same spell with a different cast time

  20. #1040
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post
    frostfire bolt does the EXACT same dmg as frostbolt, its literally the same spell with a different cast time
    Ahh I see now, very dumb question haha! I have another one though, when going the full haste build do I stop at break points like 15832 or 18960? Im confused as to if I should hit those high haste break points and dump the rest into mastery or go all out haste. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •