1. #1

    Blizzard App patch notes question

    When I was looking at the Fire's actual patch notes on app it says

    Fire mages rotation is looking solid with the new Draenor perks. However, there cooldown strength could use a buff.

    Combustion's damage has been increased by 100% and replaces Deep Freeze for Fire Mages
    And that's it.

    I have a couple of questions.

    1) What rotation? I mean Fire seems like nothing but Fire ball spam unless you take Living Bomb, which is not base line, even then it still feels like FB spam. Meteor has a long cooldown and I don't really consider it part of the "rotation" also not base line.

    2) What "cooldown strength are they talking about? Fire only has one real CD right? Combustion?

    3) Why are all the nerfs on MMO build 18816 not listed.

  2. #2
    Warchief Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,047
    They've stated multiple times that an untalented class is not complete. You must look at the spec as a whole, with talents chosen.

    Combustion got buffed, so yes.

    It's patch notes, not build-by-build tuning changes. This is the document people see when WoD goes live, tuning changes aren't accounted for, neither are level 100 things.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    They've stated multiple times that an untalented class is not complete. You must look at the spec as a whole, with talents chosen.

    Combustion got buffed, so yes.

    It's patch notes, not build-by-build tuning changes. This is the document people see when WoD goes live, tuning changes aren't accounted for, neither are level 100 things.
    Problem is that leaves a Fire mage with basically no choice, you either 1 button spam fire ball (and play like your lvl 10 again), or you must take LB and Meteor (which has a lengthy cooldown). What other class has such a pathetic choice?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Problem is that leaves a Fire mage with basically no choice, you either 1 button spam fire ball (and play like your lvl 10 again), or you must take LB and Meteor (which has a lengthy cooldown). What other class has such a pathetic choice?
    I'm not sure how having the option to play a really simple rotation, or a more involved one, is not having choice. A simple rotation might not appeal to you, per se, but pretending that everyone feels the same way as you in kinda disingenuous.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    I'm not sure how having the option to play a really simple rotation, or a more involved one, is not having choice. A simple rotation might not appeal to you, per se, but pretending that everyone feels the same way as you in kinda disingenuous.
    Disingenuous? I very clearly remember the masses getting very upset over frost bolt spam back in MoP beta. Heck there has been a thread (WoD Fire Mage Game-Play (or lack there-of) that's been here for over a month, and the Poll that clearly show people don't think fire has a lot of buttons as is. You would literally have spam FB, IB on heating up proc, for pyro, and Combustion that has a long CD. And in a needed CC situation you can't even do that. I don't know anyone that wants to play like that. I don't think that disingenuous at all. I have been flamed over and over by guild mates etc anytime I have suggested they play frost because its higher dps, nope they refuse to play such a "simple boring" spec. So no i'm not being disingenuous.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Disingenuous? I very clearly remember the masses getting very upset over frost bolt spam back in MoP beta. Heck there has been a thread (WoD Fire Mage Game-Play (or lack there-of) that's been here for over a month, and the Poll that clearly show people don't think fire has a lot of buttons as is. You would literally have spam FB, IB on heating up proc, for pyro, and Combustion that has a long CD. And in a needed CC situation you can't even do that. I don't know anyone that wants to play like that. I don't think that disingenuous at all. I have been flamed over and over by guild mates etc anytime I have suggested they play frost because its higher dps, nope they refuse to play such a "simple boring" spec. So no i'm not being disingenuous.
    Disingenuous was because you said Fire had no choice, and I explained how. And just because you've seen people complain that it's boring doesn't mean that there aren't people who found likes it that way*. The important thing is that there IS a choice; take passive talents and play it pretty straightforward, or take the active talents to spice up your rotations.

    *I actually remember when Arcane was pretty simple a couple of expansions back, and people actually were resistant to Blizz making it more complex. :S

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Problem is that leaves a Fire mage with basically no choice, you either 1 button spam fire ball (and play like your lvl 10 again), or you must take LB and Meteor (which has a lengthy cooldown). What other class has such a pathetic choice?

    As a fan of the 1 button arcane mage of Wrath, as long as this option is competitive DPS in WoD, im very much looking forward to it. Yup, i just want to mindlessly mash one button and win the meters


    edit: yes, i plan on not taking LB or Meteor. Moar passives!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •