Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is nonsensical to use mage armor. 7% will always be better than a static rating.

So reading this just kinda threw me off with trinkets.. asdfadfsdfsdf

I have a normal PBOI 2/2 so 561 and I also have a KTT warforged 567, and ALso a Warforged BBOY 567.

I'm currently running the haste build around 15k haste, maybe 15.5k can't remember.

I'm going to want to use the PBOI over my BBOY on single target fights?
    and now theres the question of 2 and 3 targets, you blew my mind.. halp.

Your going to want to use PBOI and KTT unless you have the cleave trinket.

Even for single target? I was under the impression BBOY was like BIS frost mage/fire.

So, to recap 1-3 target fight PBOI and KTT, and anything more, PBOI and Cleave trinket?

If you can cleave them, then yes, your statements are true.

Quote Originally Posted by xprs View Post
    So reading this just kinda threw me off with trinkets.. asdfadfsdfsdf

I have a normal PBOI 2/2 so 561 and I also have a KTT warforged 567, and ALso a Warforged BBOY 567.

I'm currently running the haste build around 15k haste, maybe 15.5k can't remember.

I'm going to want to use the PBOI over my BBOY on single target fights?
    and now theres the question of 2 and 3 targets, you blew my mind.. halp.

You will ALWAYS use PBoI. Rotate the second trinket situationally.

This applies to single target only. Remember that FCoR's value goes up considerably with 3+ targets. Keep in mind that this is with a single trinket, it doesn't account for the interaction between two trinkets. Also Wush is undervalued as it does not account for the hit that would be reforged into haste. I suspect it would come in fairly close to BotH in each ilvl. Note that BotH requires a dot tick.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit451; 2013-10-30 at 01:53 PM. Reason: included sims

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    KTT and BBoY are close. BBoY only wins with lucky/amazing snapshots.

Not really sure which post to reply to so i just chose Akraens. The problem I see with BBOY is that it's just not practical to swap in in and out unless you are using the max haste build I suppose, where a couple 1500-2200 (or whatever) extra haste just slots in without reforging etc. Maybe it's just me but it seems more trouble than it's worth on the average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah BBOY isn't worth it but it is fun in a haste build and a nice trophy from heroic Garrosh. If well played it isn't far off KTT on single target and FCOY multitarget. It is also a clever way to go for more mastery items but keep haste high.

How is mastery build supposed to work? Simcraft always puts haste higher than mastery. At 9602 haste without PBoI it even puts INT>2 haste>2 mastery. With PBoI + KTT/BBoY it states that 2 haste > INT > 2 mastery. With ~11500 haste mastery is still lower than haste.

Is mastery gearing intended only for Arcane/Frost spec swapping and I should stack haste as much as possible or is it just that my stat budget isn't enough? I have ilvl 555 now from Flex, Ordos, Celestials and burdens (no normals or HC).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    How is mastery build supposed to work? Simcraft always puts haste higher than mastery. At 9602 haste without PBoI it even puts INT>2 haste>2 mastery. With PBoI + KTT/BBoY it states that 2 haste > INT > 2 mastery. With ~11500 haste mastery is still lower than haste.

Is mastery gearing intended only for Arcane/Frost spec swapping and I should stack haste as much as possible or is it just that my stat budget isn't enough? I have ilvl 555 now from Flex, Ordos, Celestials and burdens (no normals or HC).
    Either is viable. It's really up to you and how you prefer to play. Haste is a lot more dynamic and fun IMO but it is a little bit trickier to play well, while mastery lets you be a little less than perfect and still put up good numbers. It is especially strong on single target turret fights.

The Haste build cannot be played below 12684 haste.

hello, first of all i just want to say thanks for the effort you have put into this guide.

Secondly, could someone clear up a question i have. Lets say you can reach 9522 haste for another lb tick but if you reforge diff you can 12684 point for another tick on NT.

so you keep Lb for single target fights like iron jug or swap? or do you swap to NT for twin shaman rather then lb but keep lb for pure single target fights.

Yeah, it might seem like abit of a nub question but i was a touch confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuro View Post
    hello, first of all i just want to say thanks for the effort you have put into this guide.

Secondly, could someone clear up a question i have. Lets say you can reach 9522 haste for another lb tick but if you reforge diff you can 12684 point for another tick on NT.

so you keep Lb for single target fights like iron jug or swap? or do you swap to NT for twin shaman rather then lb but keep lb for pure single target fights.

Yeah, it might seem like abit of a nub question but i was a touch confused.
    I might be wrong, but I think 12684 is too low to use NT for single-target fights. Maybe at 15832 haste with 19th tick... But at 18960 haste LB gains 7th tick and must become dominant againt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think 12684 is too low to use NT for single-target fights. Maybe at 15832 haste with 19th tick... But at 18960 haste LB gains 7th tick and must become dominant againt.
    This is a correct statement. I don't think I was clear with that on my OP, I'll do an edit to clarify the wording.

Ahh ok thanks for the heads up. im just 200 haste from the 15k mark, shame

Be a while before i get the 18k mark for lb, which im looking forward too.

Talking

Thank you for all the information
    I am currently progressing through SoO (normal 10) and just wondering what trinkets should I be really looking for. I am doing the mixture build and am still using Breath and Woolshey trinkets.....I did pick up KTT from flex and am wondering which one would be best to be replaced first? and I am farmimg isle for that trink as well.... Thanks
    Last edited by Winsfallings; 2013-11-02 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    What are your thoughts on crit in a full mastery build? Going full mastery increases the relative strength of Frostbolt due to icicle damage, but because frostbolt generally will not profit from shatter the way that Ice Lance and Frostfire Bolt profit from it due to their procs, it will benefit from critical hit beyond the 25% cap. This should theoretically increase crit and int's power for a mastery build. Has anybody done the maths on that, or is it negligible? I suppose that, if it proves to be noteworthy in the first place, the only thing it actually does is further enhance mastery's single target damage, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Edit; I understand that this won't change our gearing strategy at all, and won't actually make any difference in what we do in the first place. It just comes from a genuine interest in its strength as compared to other builds.
    Last edited by mmoc733f5c5b36; 2013-11-02 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The crit side effect is one reason the mastery builds are doing well, because it's helping mastery along and making the icicles be much larger. You still don't really actively go for crit, but you should keep in mind it's better the more mastery you get in a stronger way than with the more haste you get.

I have never been very good at reading the charts and such but if I am reading right and I am going for the mixed build (my guild is barely in SoO Flex so I am obviously not super geared out) that my max haste goal is 9522 if using LB? Should I be using NT instead? As I stand right now my haste is 11,845 or 36.82% with Frost Armor and my Mastery is 39.29%. I had been working on trying to stack my haste to 12684 as Akraen had mentioned to me in another post. If I am to be reaching for the 12684 is it worth stacking a few haste gems at the expense of Int in order to reach it?

here is my char on the armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...radea/advanced
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-11-04 at 03:55 AM.