I've posted on quite a lot of threads about supposed leaks, theories and all sorts of other things. I've posted my own as jokes, but I think for once I'll be serious and make a thread stating the reasons I believe the next expansion is Legion, using the same theories a lot of the other posters have used. I'll be giving them down in a count down, from the obscure, unrecognised and completely obvious, so, join me, friends, as we go through the 5 Reasons why I think the Next Expansion is Legion and etc etc.
1. Wrathion. Throughout the Legendary Quest, Wrathion speaks about a new threat to Azeroth, showing images of Infernals raining down on the planet and even referencing the Burning Legion. He states that he thought there were a few years until the Legion are expected. The common arguement to this is that fact. However, there have been 'time jumps' between expansions before. There are 5 years in lore between WOTLK and Cataclysm and 1 year between Cataclysm and MOP.
2. The Burdens of Shao Hao. This small series tells the story of Emperor Shao Hao. If you took notice, there were a lot of references to the Legion, not just because it was ocurring at the same time as the Sundering, but talking about 'Giving his people the time to learn what he had learned' and that the 'Legion will be back'. This is a pretty big hint, especially as it makes sense too, well, because the mists have parted and Pandaren's have rejoined the world, learning from these new strangers (us). Couple that with Wrathion's hints...
3. Alleria and Turalyon. In Cataclysm, loading screens started to show the hint 'Alleria and Turalyon haven't been seen in years...' A small hint, but still a hint. Then, before the MoP launch, Chris Metzen says 'We'll be needing them for what's coming next...' A very ominous hint. Slightly related, Varian talks of 'Dealing with Sylvannas and the Forsaken'. As Sylvannas sister, Alleria will probably have a part to play in that, likely for the Alliance.
4. Illidan. Blizzard have said in many interviews since 2010 that they wanted to do something more with Illidan. That he didn't go down the way they wanted him to. That fans want him back, so they want to bring him back. Illidan has a very strong connection with the Burning Legion and in the event of the Legion's return, Illidan would likely be back opposing them, training new Demon Hunters as he did at the Black Temple. Possibly the Darion Mograine of Demon Hunters. Consider too, that Blizzard have said that they would like to add another 'Hero Class' in the future. Unfortunately, the link to that interview is gone because of the WoW site update.
http://wowpedia.org/Illidan_Stormrag...eadnews.com-12 - Under Possible Return
5. Telarius Voidstrider in Darkshore. Something a few players don't know about. In Darkshore, post Cataclysm, there is a whirlpool in land. Jumping into it will land you in a cavern with a hostile Demon Hunter. When you beat him, he drops an item called 'Writings of the Dark Herald' with the flavour text, 'These etched writings reveal some secrets of the path to becoming a demon hunter'. This is a quest item. When you take it back to Ranger Glynda, she talks about taking them back to the 'High Priestess' and wonders 'how many have made their way to Telarius before you'. So, these teachings are now in the possesion of the Night Elves.
In this thread I've used a lot of theories that have been chucked around on threads about 'The Dark Below' or 'Heroes of the Storm' We've got the 'Two Year Theory' where hints in an expansion refer to two expansions in the future. The ones in this thread are all Cataclysm hints, as that will have occured 2 expansion ago, when the next is released. The others, see if you can spot them ;3
So, what do all of you think about this? Truthfully, this is a lot more to go on that a few trademarks, one cancelled and one NPC that happens to have a name similar to one of the trademarks.