Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5 Reasons why I think the Next Expansion is Legion and the Next Class Demon Hunter

I've posted on quite a lot of threads about supposed leaks, theories and all sorts of other things. I've posted my own as jokes, but I think for once I'll be serious and make a thread stating the reasons I believe the next expansion is Legion, using the same theories a lot of the other posters have used. I'll be giving them down in a count down, from the obscure, unrecognised and completely obvious, so, join me, friends, as we go through the 5 Reasons why I think the Next Expansion is Legion and etc etc.

1. Wrathion. Throughout the Legendary Quest, Wrathion speaks about a new threat to Azeroth, showing images of Infernals raining down on the planet and even referencing the Burning Legion. He states that he thought there were a few years until the Legion are expected. The common arguement to this is that fact. However, there have been 'time jumps' between expansions before. There are 5 years in lore between WOTLK and Cataclysm and 1 year between Cataclysm and MOP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VtwUPl0EOU

2. The Burdens of Shao Hao. This small series tells the story of Emperor Shao Hao. If you took notice, there were a lot of references to the Legion, not just because it was ocurring at the same time as the Sundering, but talking about 'Giving his people the time to learn what he had learned' and that the 'Legion will be back'. This is a pretty big hint, especially as it makes sense too, well, because the mists have parted and Pandaren's have rejoined the world, learning from these new strangers (us). Couple that with Wrathion's hints...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EREaWhXj4_Q

3. Alleria and Turalyon. In Cataclysm, loading screens started to show the hint 'Alleria and Turalyon haven't been seen in years...' A small hint, but still a hint. Then, before the MoP launch, Chris Metzen says 'We'll be needing them for what's coming next...' A very ominous hint. Slightly related, Varian talks of 'Dealing with Sylvannas and the Forsaken'. As Sylvannas sister, Alleria will probably have a part to play in that, likely for the Alliance.

4. Illidan. Blizzard have said in many interviews since 2010 that they wanted to do something more with Illidan. That he didn't go down the way they wanted him to. That fans want him back, so they want to bring him back. Illidan has a very strong connection with the Burning Legion and in the event of the Legion's return, Illidan would likely be back opposing them, training new Demon Hunters as he did at the Black Temple. Possibly the Darion Mograine of Demon Hunters. Consider too, that Blizzard have said that they would like to add another 'Hero Class' in the future. Unfortunately, the link to that interview is gone because of the WoW site update.

http://wowpedia.org/Illidan_Stormrag...eadnews.com-12 - Under Possible Return

5. Telarius Voidstrider in Darkshore. Something a few players don't know about. In Darkshore, post Cataclysm, there is a whirlpool in land. Jumping into it will land you in a cavern with a hostile Demon Hunter. When you beat him, he drops an item called 'Writings of the Dark Herald' with the flavour text, 'These etched writings reveal some secrets of the path to becoming a demon hunter'. This is a quest item. When you take it back to Ranger Glynda, she talks about taking them back to the 'High Priestess' and wonders 'how many have made their way to Telarius before you'. So, these teachings are now in the possesion of the Night Elves.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Telarius_Voidstrider

In this thread I've used a lot of theories that have been chucked around on threads about 'The Dark Below' or 'Heroes of the Storm' We've got the 'Two Year Theory' where hints in an expansion refer to two expansions in the future. The ones in this thread are all Cataclysm hints, as that will have occured 2 expansion ago, when the next is released. The others, see if you can spot them ;3

So, what do all of you think about this? Truthfully, this is a lot more to go on that a few trademarks, one cancelled and one NPC that happens to have a name similar to one of the trademarks.

Deleted
    I want to fall asleep and wake up after a month just to see the new x-pac announced.
    I would really love to see a DH class. There should be some ppl. that have relatives working in blizzard, we need to kidnap them and make them speak about new x-pac!

As much as I'd like to believe the legion is the next expansion, I don't think it really is. First off it would be very out of the blue, we would need an expansion getting us prepared for the legion, right now as it stands the Horde has been severely crippled by Garrosh and getting back to full power is going to take some time.

Second of all, Blizz probably won't have a new class this expansion, they're still trying to figure out Monks and how they want them to play, WW Monks have had their mastery changed three times since 5.0.4 and their secondary stat priority has changed almost every patch, BrM DPS has been way too high, even after a couple of nerfs and reworks they still do too much damage, and MW (I don't play MW so I don't the exact details) has been having a problem with spirit and mana regen. Throwing in another class at this point would make a mess of things as far as balancing goes. Which all of these problems are fine, its too be expected, look at DKs, it wasn't till what, late Cata, that they finally found a nice groove for all the specs.

Not to mention there are a lot of loose ends here at home that need to be tied up, but hey this is my opinion.

Deleted
    One of the reasons it makes sense is because both factions have just had a war and need to pick up their pieces. The Legion wouldn't pass up an opportunity like this, given their previous failures, they're more likely to attack before we get a chance to prepare!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Wrathion also says at the end that it would take a year to conquer Thunder Bluff, and that the casualties would be enormous. That doesn't sound like he needs an army next week to defend Azeroth from the Legion. That sounds like it might be 5 years away yet.

2. It was very curious they did this, but they also made it clear that the Pandaren are not being trained as the ultimate anti-legion army. They were sealed away to find inner peace in order to stand against ANY darkness that would threaten the world.

3. We know they'll come. They have never been given an exact expansion to return in. No hint.

4 & 5. I totally agree DH is inevitable, but it won't be next. It'll be in Expansion VI, the real Legion expansion. Next will be Azshara and 2 new races.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Definitely agree with DHs, it's inevitable with Illidan, with blizz saying they want to do another hero class sometime, and I actually remember an MVP on the wow forums stating how blizz has talked about doing classes a lot. Etc. plus all the hints in previous expacs plus this one. It just remains as to when it'll happen, though I will admit it will be weird going to a new expac that isn't BL with all these BL expacs.

Also, just to correct, in the recent visual guide WotLK was in 27 and Cata in 28, so it's only been one year. And yes, blizz has confirmed the visual guide to be canon.

Also, I think the best thing would be to have a little of the BL, Azshara, and the emerald dream all mixed together, BL threat in the background with Azshara and N'zoth as the main threat, taking placing on islands and the emerald dream and etc. it's just the best possibility to make everyone happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already said that Alleria and Turalyon would return in next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Source? I don't they said said next expansion at all. I think they said sometime in the future.

The demon hunter class is not likely to be released simply because it wouldn't be the same class considering Demo Warlocks ARE demon hunters. I don't know if there will be another class added to the game, but if there will I suspect it won't be demon hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielvonluchau View Post
    Source? I don't they said said next expansion at all. I think they said sometime in the future.
    He might be referring to Metzen at the MoP launch event saying we'd need them for "what's coming next."

He never specified next expansion, or even that next indeed is the next threat.

Deleted
    Well if there will be a Burning Legion expansion then the new class will be Demon Hunter(then or never). everyone wanted to be like Arthas so they added DK so it wouldnt be surprising if Blizzard would let us feel like Ilidian even if another malee dps/tank class/spell dps will be useless

but imo the main reason why the next expansion will be Burning Legion is just because underwater playing is still so bad, unbalanced and unplayable so thats why I dont see Azshara expansion comming :/

Your reasons about the demon hunters being the next class are rubbish, to say the least - blizzard said they wanted to do a lot of various things with a lot of different characters, not to mention that there are countless special quests/items that refer to several unimplemented classes/specs (or other forms of hints).

I do agree about the legion being very present in the next expansion.

Regarding Illidan being brought back to life, there's a quest chain in game where you bring a demon hunter back from the dead: Loramus Thalipedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    The demon hunter class is not likely to be released simply because it wouldn't be the same class considering Demo Warlocks ARE demon hunters. I don't know if there will be another class added to the game, but if there will I suspect it won't be demon hunters.
    But a Demon Hunter starting storyline would be more interesting as a hero class! You get to cut out your own eyes!

lol
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-10-06 at 10:33 PM.

As a guild leader, I would literally refuse to take demon hunters into a raid unless they were unavoidable, just to tick them off. They're easily going to be the new red flag class, pointing out the majority of the suck-hards.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    1. Wrathion also says at the end that it would take a year to conquer Thunder Bluff, and that the casualties would be enormous. That doesn't sound like he needs an army next week to defend Azeroth from the Legion. That sounds like it might be 5 years away yet.

2. It was very curious they did this, but they also made it clear that the Pandaren are not being trained as the ultimate anti-legion army. They were sealed away to find inner peace in order to stand against ANY darkness that would threaten the world.

3. We know they'll come. They have never been given an exact expansion to return in. No hint.

4 & 5. I totally agree DH is inevitable, but it won't be next. It'll be in Expansion VI, the real Legion expansion. Next will be Azshara and 2 new races.
    1) There are year(s) of gaps between expansions or between the pre patch to expansions.

2) No it was very clear they were "not ready" to face the legion according to the videos so Shaohao shrouded Pandaria away to give them time to be able to which he kinda screwed everyone else a bit by not having them there to face them.

3) Can't argue with that part.

4) DH will not be a class. At best a warlock spec, but they already overlap too much. All they need to do is let locks use fist weapons and bam a melee lock spec inserted as DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    1) There are year(s) of gaps between expansions or between the pre patch to expansions.

2) No it was very clear they were "not ready" to face the legion according to the videos so Shaohao shrouded Pandaria away to give them time to be able to which he kinda screwed everyone else a bit by not having them there to face them.

3) Can't argue with that part.

4) DH will not be a class. At best a warlock spec, but they already overlap too much. All they need to do is let locks use fist weapons and bam a melee lock spec inserted as DH.
    1.Not really anymore. It used to be that there was maybe a year between Vanilla, BC, and Wrath. But going from ICC to 4.0 has no time gap at all, the reveal for Cata even states that the war against the Lich King (Arthas) is still ongoing. The Pandaren starting zone seems to take place either during the climax of the Deathwing fight, or shortly thereafter.

Next expansion would likely begin just following the end of the siege, with our soldiers returning home and finding out that some new threat has appeared.

2. They weren't ready to face the Legion, but not because they were weak. They weren't ready because they were fighting out of fear and anger. They were shrouded away to lose those negative emotions, not to train harder.

4. It continues to crush polls regarding what class people want. My own poll was consistently a DH-winning poll until speculation that we'd be up against Azshara next kicked up. Only then did Tinker pull ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with this theory is that its too telegraphed. Blizzard never makes it that obvious.

The other issue is that Demon Hunters as a stand alone class makes no sense. Everything about them clashes with general game design (no armor, only wield warglaives, tend to be only elves, limited to only fighting one type of enemy, are despised by various factions, etc.).

Like I said, the best choice for the next class is a technology-based class loosely based on the WC3 Tinker hero.

In either case, in a little over a month, we'll have our answer.

More than likely, we're all wrong.

#6. Tyrus Blackhorn.

He vowed to be back to destroy everything. Been waiting since level 80 for that to happen.

The tiniest most unassuming quest chain in Hyjal. You forget about him once you get to Deepholme.

The only reason I remember him is because I decided to level my pally up to 85 recently.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    right now as it stands the Horde has been severely crippled by Garrosh and getting back to full power is going to take some time.
    This is perfect reason for the Legion to invade. It makes perfect sense from a story point view.

The Alliance and Horde are taxed to ruin, both have lost a lot in their war. Oops, here's Kiljaeden, and he has legs this time.