Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    seems like another possible gold sink thing ;/ it would be a step in terrible direction with proffs - if anything they should allow more proffs/char then reduce number of proffs u can have on account - its idiotic and retarded ;/ many other games dont limit anything only limit is time sink u are willing to put into how many proffs u want to have - only thing they could limit is a buff char get to buff from 2 proffs but they shoudl allow all proffs to have on same char and lets say limit them to like 2 proffs on 60 4 proffs on 70 6 proffs on 80 etc etc .

and about alt wtf they even care if they make endgame a bs with no content exept current raid its their own fault people spend so much time on alts.

No thx , I'll wait for paragon video , method sucks

I level professions on every alt just for the bonuses, but sometimes they are useful. Usually going with something cheap, like alchemy/inscription.

Jhazrun is a beast

Blizzard should make profession recipes account-wide, while keeping the limit of two primary professions per character. This would allow players to craft any recipe learned on the account by any character, but characters that do not have the corresponding profession at a skill level high enough to have learned the craft or gather the resource on their own would take three times as long to complete the cast. Additionally, primary professions should be transferrable between characters so that players can change profession perks to suit their needs; here's how I'd implement it:

Unlearning a profession would create a single-use BoA item which corresponds to the highest completed skill level for that profession. When used, this item would teach that profession at the highest obtainable skill at that character's level. For example, a Level 86 Paladin unlearns 575/600 Blacksmithing, creating an 'Inherited Tome of Illustrious Grand Master Blacksmithing', which when used by a Level 53 monk from the same account teaches 375/375 Master Blacksmithing. Later, that monk automatically learns 450/450 Grand Mastery Blacksmithing at level 65 and 525/525 Illustrious Grand Master Blacksmithing at level 75, unless she has unlearned Blacksmithing in the interim, a process which would return another single-use BoA 'Inherited Tome of Illustrious Grand Master Blacksmithing'. When a character learns a profession this way it would trigger the cooldowns on any recipes for that profession on that character to prevent them from using cooldowns from more than two primary professions per day.
    Last edited by hixn36; 2013-10-07 at 10:54 AM.

Deleted
    So really noone is interested in Moonfang? Also, not only according to respawn, have you a Chance for mount/pet per kill or only once per Faire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Paragon proves again that they are the hardcore of the hardcore and the best of the best. Garrosh beaten after 638 attempts, solo healed. They deserve a standing ovation.

They were the best 25 man guild for years and after going 10 man they're still at it 100%. I'm more impressed by this kill than any other kills so far.

That voice actor for Garrosh is unbelievably sexy. The mountains of skulls and rivers of blood thing was epic. He is hands down my fav villain of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Have you guys noticed that there is Unpl on the Paragon's screenshot? Wowprogress tells there should be Gidget instead. Also no record on Armory for Unpl's Garrosh kill either. So... One healer or two?

I guess this sshot is photoshopped...
    Last edited by mmoc2b2f6155e4; 2013-10-07 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post
    Have you guys noticed that there is Unpl on the Paragon's screenshot? Wowprogress tells there should be Gidget instead. Also no record on Armory for Unpl's Garrosh kill either. So... One healer or two?

I guess this sshot is photoshopped...

The armory can be bugged, for example I've killed Paragon's, twice and yet it's not updating. I have submitted a ticket to Blizzard to get it fixed. Stuff happens, not everything is a nefarious plot.

Is it just me or does Garrosh have more HP in the Stars video? It looks like 1892,2 Million hp in the stars video and 1757 million hp in the method video (last phase).

Quote Originally Posted by Morningsan View Post
    Is it just me or does Garrosh have more HP in the Stars video? It looks like 1892,2 Million hp in the stars video and 1757 million hp in the method video (last phase).
    Asia has 8 extra ilvls in 25, so their bosses have ~8% more health in 25.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Asia has 8 extra ilvls in 25, so their bosses have ~8% more health in 25.
    Thx, I knew they hade more ilvl but didnt knew that about the extra HP, thx!

Well, Blizzard removed all income from raiding (BoE items we could sell), so how else can we make gold beside having profession alts?

More professions would be awesome. I don't really have a main anymore.
    # profession Ilvl
    Alt#1 Blacksmith / Miner 500
    Alt#2 Leather worker / skinner 495
    Alt#3 Alchemist (Transmute) / Inscription 513
    Alt#4 Alchemist (transmute) / Engineer 511
    Alt#5 Alchemist (Flask) / Engineer 496
    Alt#6 Enchanter / Tailor 498
    Alt#7 Blacksmith / Jewel crafter 306 (lvl 85 in pandaland)
    Alt#8 Miner/ Herbalist 38 (lvl 60 in heirlooms)

I am leveling 2 more toons for more options. If you are asking why.. I am an Altoholic (started because of crafting) and i loved my toons. Maybe more crafting options would have made some of my 500+ characters a lot higher.

The entire profession system in WoW is severely outdated at this point. At the very least, they should completely separate the gathering professions from the production ones. It's silly that gathering characters even exist simply because it was arbitrarily decided years ago that characters should have to specialize in picking flowers.

There are pretty much three reasons for all my alts.
    1) professions. This is by far the biggest reason. I don't like to beg in guild or trade chat to get things or to drop a ton of gold in the AH to get something. So I roll my alts, level them, and have them make the stuff I want.
    2) to see how the other half lives, class edition. Basically to see what the other classes have to offer. I started out with a hunter and then a druid. I needed a DE/banker mule so I made a shadow/disc priest. The shadow/disc priest is probably the one I have the most fun with.
    3) to see how the other half lives, horde edition. Most of my toons are alliance but I have a collection of horde alts as well.

If professions went account wide then I probably would cut down on the number of alts but I'd probably still have a bunch of them.

I'd be much more interested in a way to streamline leveling professions rather than making them account wide. For example, I'd like to see the Harvest Festival updated to be a profession leveling holiday much like the way the Thanksgiving Day event works for cooking.
    Last edited by tkc-von; 2013-10-07 at 04:18 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Paragon proves again that they are the hardcore of the hardcore and the best of the best. Garrosh beaten after 638 attempts, solo healed. They deserve a standing ovation.

They were the best 25 man guild for years and after going 10 man they're still at it 100%. I'm more impressed by this kill than any other kills so far.
    You can hop off now.

I created my alts because I wanted to try every class, and I level them when I get bored. Now I specifically did choose the alts to take to 90 first based on their professions... like enchanting. It's just out of convenience and thriftiness. But I still like the character it just would have taken longer to level if I wasn't reliant on that profession for raiding.