Resto Shaman 5.4 pvp

Evening guys,

I've recently started gathering pvp gear for my resto shaman, I like to think I've got a good grasp of resto for PVE, but don't have the wealth of knowledge as I would like in a pvp scenario. A few of us in the guild are gearing our toons with the prospect of doing some 3v3 in arena, but atm we are gearing via rbgs.

I've looked around for guides on totemspot and the dreaded noxxic (yuck!) and have copied what I read in terms of talents and glyphs, but what do I gem for and refroge to for healing pvp? I noticed that we now have 72% base resil now unlike what it used to be. Do I stack pvp power or go for int+crit? or mastery?

Lastly how the hell do you escape warriors, monks and annoying dks? and tips? sick of being blown up by them or chased halfway across the map until I die lol

I've logged out on my pvp gear so more xp pvp restos can have a look, it's in my sig below.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by MaugrimEU; 2013-10-07 at 07:07 AM.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

Icy veins is a good start. Shaman are weak against melee in general so unless they are incredibly bad, you won't be able to breathe. But this is where teammates come in. They keep the melee off you and you can turret great heals..

Deleted
    Shamanistic Rage for Resto Shamans! Have no idea why we don't have it yet. I have more survivability 1 v 2+ on my Elemental or even Enhancment, just becouse I can use SR and Thunderstorm (Elemental) and /or Spirit Wolves (Enh) lol, and I'm not kidding. Talking about rBGs not Arena.
    1 on 1 I can leave forever as Resto (Well, a very skilled Rogue can take me down in 7 seconds) but when 2 or more melees are focusing me, I'm dead no metter what I do. Resto Shaman is the worst healer for random and rated BGs (you can shine in Arena 3v3, 5v5), where you need to farm your gear. If you are not protected by your team mates you are constantly stuned, silenced, feared and you don't have any great defensive CD or escape mechanism, like Holy Paladin, which is immortal, Monk, Priest and even Resto druid.

Cdew has an awesome guide on twitch for resto shaman. He is one of the best in the world for resto pvp and multi R1 glad. It is pretty long-ish but he has a lot of good info and tips and tricks as well.

One thing I will say is just like PVE we are very cooldown based. Learn to watch for your opponents offensive cd's and counter them with defensives. Spirit link is one of the best pvp cd's in the game. But as stated your teammates are key for peels as well. As for gearing, pvp power is garbage for resto. An int/crit build seems to be the most popular. Mastery is a good stat but I wouldn't focus on it beyond ~50% in full pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Walterpayton View Post
    Cdew has an awesome guide on twitch for resto shaman. He is one of the best in the world for resto pvp and multi R1 glad. It is pretty long-ish but he has a lot of good info and tips and tricks as well.

One thing I will say is just like PVE we are very cooldown based. Learn to watch for your opponents offensive cd's and counter them with defensives. Spirit link is one of the best pvp cd's in the game. But as stated your teammates are key for peels as well. As for gearing, pvp power is garbage for resto. An int/crit build seems to be the most popular. Mastery is a good stat but I wouldn't focus on it beyond ~50% in full pvp gear.
    Ah cool ty i'll definitely take a look at that guide. I'll change my gems and reforges after tonights raid as I was gemming pvp power and reforging into mastery :>

I love using the terrain to my advantage, especially hiding behind houses,rocks,bridges or running around fences to piss melees off lol. I see warriors lolstorm really hurts now, monks millions of stuns and dk frost or unholy stupid amount of lengthy stuns :>

I just find the amount of snares, stuns and interupts frustrating.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

The amount of stuns/instant cc right now is a tad ridiculous. Fake cast when you can but sometimes you need to just cast in their face rather than the chance you fake cast endlessly trying to juke while they just tunnel you into the ground without ever interrupting.

A lot of top pvp'ers will tell you the best way to improve your play is to fraps it and watch/study what you did wrong/what you can do better next time against various comps etc. At least as far as arena goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Shamanistic Rage for Resto Shamans! Have no idea why we don't have it yet. I have more survivability 1 v 2+ on my Elemental or even Enhancment, just becouse I can use SR and Thunderstorm (Elemental) and /or Spirit Wolves (Enh) lol, and I'm not kidding. Talking about rBGs not Arena.
    1 on 1 I can leave forever as Resto (Well, a very skilled Rogue can take me down in 7 seconds) but when 2 or more melees are focusing me, I'm dead no metter what I do. Resto Shaman is the worst healer for random and rated BGs (you can shine in Arena 3v3, 5v5), where you need to farm your gear. If you are not protected by your team mates you are constantly stuned, silenced, feared and you don't have any great defensive CD or escape mechanism, like Holy Paladin, which is immortal, Monk, Priest and even Resto druid.
    Don't listen to this guy at all. First off I have not done 3s this season yet but I got to 1750 in one night fairly easy and im currently pushing for 2k in 2s at 1666 with a 66% win loss ratio. The only team comp I have a problem with is a Mistweaver monk warrior or a disc priest warrior. Not to say I don't win against them because I do. I can out last any healer in a 2s match mana wise and im specced into full on crit with minimum spirit. Resto shamans are a hard learning curve because most of our cooldowns are totems and very situational. Needless to say owning a naga is your best bet when playing as a shaman. As for us being the worst in RBGs and BGS I find that t be a joke. I was playing aganst 2k+ rated teams last night and outshining all their healers and mine. RBGS are all about focusing the enemy teams healer and yea if I get 3 people or more on me im going to get stun locked and go down. But that is the same with other healers as well, O no we don't have bubble..... We have hex, 2 stuns depending on what your last talent is, and 2 40% damage reduction depending on what your last talent is. Not only that but Spirit link is one of the best if not the best RBG cooldown. I don't see what your problem is with 2 melee on you. Just concussion, earthgrab, windwalk, ghostwolf away its 3-4 seconds and your out of their. Learn to LOS and stay back near your other healers.

Adding shamanistic rage for restos would be so broken in arenas. I would literally never die and I would be sitting at 2400 right now if they added another defensive CD.

As for gemming, glyphs, talents you can check out my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kirino/simple