Xbone VS PS4 - FOR THOSE UNDECIDED

This thread is suppose to be constructive so please do not deviate from the topic. Don't want this turning into a flame war "Xbox vs PS".

Let me say that I've been enjoying gaming on the console of late. Its opened up a whole new world and I've come across some amazing titles and worlds I would have never experienced. I've been pretty much a PC gamer for the entirety of my short life. Of late I've only played MMOs and a certain RPG - WoW and Skyrim.

However, after quitting WoW, I got bit by the console bug and its been simply amazing. Well the last time I actually played on a console was probably the PS2. I just didn't bother with other games after starting WoW. Took up quite a bit of my time.

Let me say this that I've never personally owned a console and don't really have my mind made up.

So of late over the last few months I've been borrowing my friend's PS3 and Xbox to play some of the games that I found pretty interesting and its been ta total blast. After playing GTA 5 and some of the older titles I can honestly say I am pretty excited for the new generation consoles. I do understand that each side have their die hard fans and critics, however, as an undecided, I am pretty open minded. I've actually came across a lot of people at game stores and at launch day lines for games such as GTA 5 that are pretty undecided as well on their choice of next gen consoles.

So I've been reading up on the older gens and often times the major decision factors are price, game exclusives and hardware. But what I found that often influences choice the most is often the "exclusive" games on each console.

So let me sum it up what I've figured out. The PlayStation is a good bet for those looking to get into the RPG scene and hoping to experience some of the best indie games. However, the Xbox offers a better multi player experience. Regarding exclusives, I have to say that the PS3 pretty much got one over the 360. Games such as the God of War series, Uncharted ( though I've found the series to be pretty over rated), Heavy Rain, inFamous, Last of Us were pretty much better than the exclusive content for the Xbox whose major ones were the Gears of War series, the Halo series and Forza. Naughty Dog has pretty much been Sony's flagship studio when it comes to exclusive games. I was just surprised they put off Last of Us till the very end of the console's life cycle. Xbox has Halo as their flagship game though quite honestly, outside the story I just couldn't get into the combat. I mean you couldn't scope, the HUD sucks big time, and the enemies take forever to die.

But this is where things change, the Xbone simply seems to have much better exclusives coming out this time around. Quantum Break looks promising. Black Tusk studios seem to be working on something big - something similar on the scale Bungie did with Halo. Titanfall (probably a timed exclusive) seems simply amazing. Then you have the Halo series and a couple more. However, what I am pretty excited about is what Naughty Dog has in store for the PS4. They pretty much pushed the boundaries when it came to the "Last of Us". That is why I was pretty surprised they left it for this late.

Over all I kind prefer the Xbox controller to the PS3. The PS3 had Blue Ray built in, so you probably saved up on a DVD player. From what I've read, the PS3 had better hardware compared to the 360, but often times game studios other than the studios actually developing the exclusive platform games don't really push the console's boundaries to the max. I've even read an article that was published sometime last year or the year before where an Infinity Ward developer spoke on how hard it is developing games for the PS3. Even Bethesda had a hard time with Skyrim on the PS3 with their DLCs. Skyrim was also said to often be lagging on the PS3. I've even been told that multiplayer on the PS3 often times lags.

So I was hoping folks on here could help those undecided like me on the next generation console of choice.

I'd love to say go with Xbox, but they get a bit invasive, and I do'nt just mean the "always on built in Kinnect" nonsense that seems to have too many people worried... Just the asking for your mobile number or email when you're just trying to log into net flix and things...

Bu yeah, I preferred the X-box to the PS3 by a long way so I'll probably go with Xbox One a second time, I expect my friends will be doing the same and after reading pages and pages of debate on the topic, it seems the only thing people agree on is that you should get the console that most of your friends own so you can play with them. Even if the PS4 was a bajillion times more powerful than the Xbox One theres no point getting one if all your mates have an Xbox One as you'll be playing with strangers all the time.

Sorry if that didn't help you make a decision
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

xbox one for me. I would suggest that whatever you end of buying if you do decide to get a ps4 or xbox . That you look at two important things that me and my friends always look at. Make sure your buying the system that your friends are playing. Nothing worse then buying a bunch of games and no friends to play with. the other thing is check the listings of all the games you enjoy playing. for me I wouldn't buy a system that didn't have the games I enjoy playing.

Heres a quick list of the xbox one games

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Crimson Dragon
    Dead Rising 3
    FIFA 14
    Forza Motorsport 5
    Just Dance 2014
    Killer Instinct
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
    LocoCycle
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA 2K14
    NBA Live 14
    Need for Speed: Rivals
    Powerstar Golf
    Ryse: Son of Rome
    Skylanders:
    Watch Dogs
    Zumba Fitness:

Deleted
    I am grabbing a Xbone.
    Mostly because of Killer Instinct, but Ryse is looking promising as well.
    Thats pretty much the reason I'm getting it, the console I really don't care much about, all about the games for me.

I too have preordered an xbox one. I am not interested in the exclusives that sony is offering, but I am however extremely interested in titanfall. I absolutely hate the playstation controller, so that's another downside. The price difference isn't a selling point to me, as I would rather pay more for a product I would enjoy more. I would suggest looking into exclusives and speaking to RL friends. That is the only real difference in the consoles, unless you prefer one controller over the other like I do. People will say all these selling points about the playstation being more powerful and blah blah, but none of that will be noticeable when you're playing. If none of your friends are buying either, it's up to you to decide and then possibly persuade them to get the same one to enjoy the multiplayer experience as friends. (awwww)

There is already a pretty big thread regarding this subject, please use it instead: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...etting-amp-Why