Chances of getting a refund on game time?

So I have been away from my computer for a few days and I haven't had a chance to cancel the subscription that I was planning to close. I got back later today at around 9pm and found that my account was supposed to renew itself at 11am which means it went through. I was planning to close it and I haven't logged on since maybe 4-5 days ago. Anyone know if blizzard would be willing to return the game time since I haven't played at all the game time I "paid" for and since I am planning to get a refund (if possible) the day of.

I know I'm going to need to contact blizzard billing and support myself, but I'm wondering if any of the MMO-Champion community has had any experience with it. I'm most likely going to get a no, but I thought I might as well try something.
    Last edited by Ace192; 2013-10-07 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely will - they can also freeze the account so you'll still have that month later if they don't refund it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's VERY VERY unlikely, they will refund anything..

You've had 30/90/180 days since your last payment to cancel subscription, so you haven't really paid attention to your own subscription.. Therefore, you can't claim, that you didn't have time to cancel it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    So I have been away from my computer for a few days and I haven't had a chance to cancel the subscription that I was planning to close. I got back later today at around 9pm and found that my account was supposed to renew itself at 11am which means it went through. I was planning to close it and I haven't logged on since maybe 4-5 days ago. Anyone know if blizzard would be willing to return the game time since I haven't played at all the game time I "paid" for and since I am planning to get a refund (if possible) the day of.

I know I'm going to need to contact blizzard billing and support myself, but I'm wondering if any of the MMO-Champion community has had any experience with it. I'm most likely going to get a no, but I thought I might as well try something.
    Contact billing. I had an account renew unexpectedly (expired CC) and I called 1 day after and the charge was reversed and account frozen.

Just call customer service, the worst that can happen is they say "no." I've had great experiences with they CS department over the 8 years I've been playing, just be polite and respectful-- they're be a lot more willing to go the extra mile to help you if you are, and remember, if they have to say "no," it's not their fault, don't take it out on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just call up & explain your situtation, I'm sure they can I have seen it done before with myself.

Could you update this? I'm curious to know how it ends.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Contact Customer Service and ask them polite and I'm sure that they will take it into consideration.

Hi Ace, there shouldn't be any difficulty in getting this resolved if you haven't played on the account since the subscription was charged, and are letting us know pretty much right around the time when it happened. You can either submit the request though the support portal, or you can call us direct (our numbers are listed in the upper right hand corner of that page).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns about that
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-10-07 at 10:49 PM.