So those of you who has been playing Diablo III on your console.

I am wanting to know what you think about the gameplay of Diablo III on your console of choice.

I just picked up D3 on Ps3 today and I have been playing it a lot. I have just reached act 3 normaly playing a demon hunter and so far I got to say I am enjoying it a lot more then I did on pc. There has been some rough moments like the belial fight in act 2 where it took me a couple try's.

The loot is a huge improvement really enjoying getting a upgrade and I have gotten 2 legendary's to drop so far each one was a 2h crossbow sadly tho my first one only lasted me like 20mins then a gold replaced it lol.

I have yet to try the Co-op because I don't want a pug to join that has a weapon that dose 999999 damage or something crazy like that.

So over all I was wondering what everyone has though about all aspect's of Diablo III on there console of choice.

Also to add I have ran into a few small bugs like home porting and it takes like 10sec to give me a loading screen or some sound lag when someone talks but both bugs has only happen a couple times at most.

Please no Console Vs PC fights if you want to compare that is fine but keep it civil. I am just wondering what everyone thinks about it on console.

I do know there may be a few threads like this but most gets bombed down by PC vs Console fights and I was mainly only wanting the opinion of those who have played the console full version and not just the demo.

Also if you want state what console you are playing it on I got it on my Slim 160gig ps3.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-10-07 at 06:44 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    PS3 Slim 250

I'm finding it as easy to pick up and play for an hour in-between other games and as enjoyable as the PC version. I expect to end up doing the same as I did on the PC and amassing a collection of alts at cap but probably doing little end game stuff bar paragon levels for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    PS3 Slim 250

I'm finding it as easy to pick up and play for an hour in-between other games and as enjoyable as the PC version. I expect to end up doing the same as I did on the PC and amassing a collection of alts at cap but probably doing little end game stuff bar paragon levels for fun.
    Ya I already plan to get all the Trophies for it and level a HC toon at some point.

Have you or anyone else for that matter delt with anyone online cheating with modded weapons or anything??? I haven't done a random pug on there just because I don't want to deal with that.

Sadly I do still feel the burnout since I put a lot of time into D3 on pc. I put around 300 hours into the pc version but I think what keeps me playing it on console is while its still the same game its slightly different to the point where its enjoyable.

Edit: Also to add it will be the first Ps3 game I get all the Trophies on
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-10-07 at 08:27 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to finally get some play time in on Friday. I pre-ordered it for PS3 but simply didnt got around to play yet.
    Buddy of mine popped over at dinner so we started slightly after.
    He didnt play D3 on PC, but is familiar with the concept.

We started co-op, just act 1, both new toons.

Before we knew it it was 00.30 already, finished act 1 in a 4,5h sitting.
    We did have some minor breaks but mostly figuring out controls and he was checking up every talent/rune and of course exploring everything.

We had quite a blast. Managed to get to level 16.

If you purely go for act clearing, you can do it really fast but we took our time and had fun ;-).

Just couch co-op btw, not online people around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I am wanting to know what you think about the gameplay of Diablo III on your console of choice.

I just picked up D3 on Ps3 today and I have been playing it a lot. I have just reached act 3 normaly playing a demon hunter and so far I got to say I am enjoying it a lot more then I did on pc. There has been some rough moments like the belial fight in act 2 where it took me a couple try's.

The loot is a huge improvement really enjoying getting a upgrade and I have gotten 2 legendary's to drop so far each one was a 2h crossbow sadly tho my first one only lasted me like 20mins then a gold replaced it lol.

I have yet to try the Co-op because I don't want a pug to join that has a weapon that dose 999999 damage or something crazy like that.

So over all I was wondering what everyone has though about all aspect's of Diablo III on there console of choice.

Also to add I have ran into a few small bugs like home porting and it takes like 10sec to give me a loading screen or some sound lag when someone talks but both bugs has only happen a couple times at most.

Please no Console Vs PC fights if you want to compare that is fine but keep it civil. I am just wondering what everyone thinks about it on console.

I do know there may be a few threads like this but most gets bombed down by PC vs Console fights and I was mainly only wanting the opinion of those who have played the console full version and not just the demo.

Also if you want state what console you are playing it on I got it on my Slim 160gig ps3.
    Well this is an unbiased opinion. But I've played it on both the PS3 and the 360 and the PC. The game looks a bit better on the 360 at 1080, but the graphics are pretty shit compared to other games on the console. The only good thing about the console version is the flexible movement. You can dive or move away from abilities on the ground. The game does seem more enjoyable due to significant minor improvements like flexible movement, loot drops, etc but the game is still not worth $60 a year after its out especially for such a short campaign.

It definitely is more playable on the console but again not quite worth its full price considering I just picked up Arkym City GOTY for $19.99 and there are much better games out there for a fraction of the price.

In short its a good "pick up game" when bored but doesn't have a lot going for it. The sad thing is the novelty wears of pretty quickly. It doesn't have the combat or the story like the God of War series that keeps you coming back for more.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2013-10-07 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    I managed to finally get some play time in on Friday. I pre-ordered it for PS3 but simply didnt got around to play yet.
    Buddy of mine popped over at dinner so we started slightly after.
    He didnt play D3 on PC, but is familiar with the concept.

We started co-op, just act 1, both new toons.

Before we knew it it was 00.30 already, finished act 1 in a 4,5h sitting.
    We did have some minor breaks but mostly figuring out controls and he was checking up every talent/rune and of course exploring everything.

We had quite a blast. Managed to get to level 16.

If you purely go for act clearing, you can do it really fast but we took our time and had fun ;-).

Just couch co-op btw, not online people around.
    Ya I been act clearing and Trophie hunting and I been enjoying it myself. Sadly don't have anyone who wants to play Co-Op local or online atm LOL.

Kinda why I was wondering how the pug runs have went.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Well this is an unbiased opinion. But I've played it on both the PS3 and the 360 and the PC. The game looks a bit better on the 360 at 1080.
    I could be wrong but even tho it mite state 1080p I do believe all Xbox 360 games downgrade to 720p and even if they didn't you wouldn't notice a difference unless you got like a 52inc tv.

Not saying your wrong but I do believe both consoles only dispaly in 720p and not in full 108p.

I could be wrong but I think any games for both that say 1080p is really 720p upped to 1080p or something like that but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-10-07 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Still playing diablo 3 on my ps3 ( havent touched pc version since i got m ps3 version) and really enjoy it still. Even bought GTA 5 but if i am only gaming for an hour or 2 i will stick with doing a run on diablo 3

Online play i would recommend just going on yourself and letting it be public because if you join a game and the host leaves it resets everything which is a pain in the butt.
    Then if someone comes in with 999999 damage then just leave and let him play the reset game.
    To be honest though i havent met any people who modify yet and glad of it to, just find it pointless.

p.s smash everything up on ps3 i have got a lot of legendaries from pots mostly lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsark View Post
    Still playing diablo 3 on my ps3 ( havent touched pc version since i got m ps3 version) and really enjoy it still. Even bought GTA 5 but if i am only gaming for an hour or 2 i will stick with doing a run on diablo 3

Online play i would recommend just going on yourself and letting it be public because if you join a game and the host leaves it resets everything which is a pain in the butt.
    Then if someone comes in with 999999 damage then just leave and let him play the reset game.
    To be honest though i havent met any people who modify yet and glad of it to, just find it pointless.

p.s smash everything up on ps3 i have got a lot of legendaries from pots mostly lol.
    Its a good game for mindlessly farming when you just want to distract yourself. However, quite simply and I'll say it again and again, the game simply isn't worth the $60 price tag on it. I've played the game both on the PC and both the consoles, it plays much better on the consoles. In fact its a much better game on the consoles besides the whole loot change.

I ain't saying the game isn't good, its just simply not worth the price when comparing other games with a similar price tag. The campaign is pretty short and the story is pretty bland. Considering Blizzard spent the better part of the last 10 years working on the game, it was pretty underwhelming.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2013-10-09 at 09:58 PM.

Its a good game for mindlessly farming when you just want to distract yourself. However, quite simply and I'll say it again and again, the game simply isn't worth the $60 price tag on it. I've played the game both on the PC and both the consoles, it plays much better on the consoles. In fact its a much better game on the consoles besides the whole loot change.

I ain't saying the game isn't good, its just simply not worth the price when comparing other games with a similar price tag. The campaign is pretty short and the story is pretty bland. Considering Blizzard spent the better part of the last 10 years working on the game, it was pretty underwhelming.
    D3 on consoles is a no go because:

1. No trading possible
    2. Too much good loot dropping: too much is too much
    3. No none plays it on line (no games found)
    4. Not 'the" Blizzard quality
    5. There are probably a thousand better games on consoles (Heavy rain, The Last of us, GTA, Gods of War, and 995 others...)

Point 4 explained: World of Warcraft was a Legendary game at launch - SC2 is almost up there for those who like PvP RTS

And Hearthstone is ... well breath taking as a free to play card game compared to the rest of the on line card games.

Btw Blizzard only worked around 4 years on D3 on PC and hardly 1.5 years on console conversions.

I also think that Blizzard screwed up completely the in game trading system on PC's, but the fault isn't even with the AH's.

D3 stumbles from one idiotic designer to another one which makes it a lost case for certain without the future AH's.

But D3 without trading and no on line play even found on consoles is a complete dud./
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-10-09 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    D3 on consoles is a no go because:

1. No trading possible
    2. Too much good loot dropping: too much is too much
    3. No none plays it on line (no games found)
    4. Not 'the" Blizzard quality
    5. There are probably a thousand better games on consoles (Heavy rain, The Last of us, GTA, Gods of War, and 995 others...)

Point 4 explained: World of Warcraft was a Legendary game at launch - SC2 is almost up there for those who like PvP RTS

And Hearthstone is ... well breath taking as a free to play card game compared to the rest of the on line card games.

Btw Blizzard only worked around 4 years on D3 on PC and hardly 1.5 years on console conversions.

I also think that Blizzard screwed up completely the in game trading system on PC's, but the fault isn't even with the AH's.

D3 stumbles from one idiotic designer to another one which makes it a lost case for certain without the future AH's.

But D3 without trading and no on line play even found on consoles is a complete dud./
    HA! No games found? Bull i was playing for a straight 3 weeks and i always found groups but i did everything solo on my berserker got to 60 and beat the 3rd difficulty then lost interest
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    I know you keep saying its not worth $60 but to me that means nothing

I paid £34 for mine and for a ps3 game thats pretty cheap over here.

Yes i could wait till its in a bargain bucket for £10 or on ps plus when its free but hey if we all did that we would still be playing ping pong due to lack of investment.

I enjoy diablo 3 and to me it is worth every penny. Its why humans are so cool, we are all so different.

- - - Updated - - -

I find loads?

As for trading, dont really need to but i am sure there are forums out there trading away just like they will do on PC next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsark View Post
    I know you keep saying its not worth $60 but to me that means nothing

I paid £34 for mine and for a ps3 game thats pretty cheap over here.

Yes i could wait till its in a bargain bucket for £10 or on ps plus when its free but hey if we all did that we would still be playing ping pong due to lack of investment.

I enjoy diablo 3 and to me it is worth every penny. Its why humans are so cool, we are all so different.

- - - Updated - - -
    Well £34 is around $60 + here in the US. So at that price there are just much better games out there. I ain't saying to wait till its in a bargain bucket and I think you misunderstand me.

All I am saying is that its not worth $60 for a launch game considering the quality of games that are launched at that price. I mean Arkhym Orgins and Blackflag both have over 40 hours + of game play and games such as GTA 5 and many more offer much more quality at that price. Diablo 3 offers a 4 hour campaign with a very lame ass and an uninspiring story with simply terrible combat mechanics for a game on the console. I mean we are in 2013 for crying out loud. Arkhym City and Asylum had pretty revolutionary combat mechanics for its time.

The game shouldn't have launched with that ridiculous price tag for what it has to offer.

Deleted
    Well £34 is around $60 + here in the US. So at that price there are just much better games out there. I ain't saying to wait till its in a bargain bucket and I think you misunderstand me.
    Sounds a lot when you say $60 usually i buy games for well over £40 so £34 was just chepa to me

Just watching the price for pc expansion at the moment.... $29.99 for basic expansion sounds like a lot for just the few bits added on :/

Deleted

All I am saying is that its not worth $60 for a launch game considering the quality of games that are launched at that price. I mean Arkhym Orgins and Blackflag both have over 40 hours + of game play and games such as GTA 5 and many more offer much more quality at that price. Diablo 3 offers a 4 hour campaign with a very lame ass and an uninspiring story with simply terrible combat mechanics for a game on the console. I mean we are in 2013 for crying out loud. Arkhym City and Asylum had pretty revolutionary combat mechanics for its time.

The game shouldn't have launched with that ridiculous price tag for what it has to offer.
    Diablo is an ARPG, it can't have revolutionary different combat, because that makes the genre what it is pretty much.
    In terms of accesabilty tho, D3 is somewhat recolutionary tho, beeing able to swap skills at any time and all, way different form other games in that genre, where character builds are mostly permanent. Wether you like that or not, is a different story ofc, but it definitely does, what other games do not.

Also the combat itself is absolutely fluid, fast paced and smooth, it's really well made and tuned on the console, playing really well with a controller.
    Also you do not play Diablo for a campaign really, and even that is longer than 4 hours for sure, still a better price/length ratio than most shooter games nowadays, which are definitely not the slightest bit more "inspired" (seeing as you call D3 uninspired) than D3.

The game itself offers way, way more content and playtime for what the purpose behind the genre is, than most other games out there.
    Repetetive? Ofc, thats what a loot grinder is all about, and even that will change with RoS.
    But even most of those people that give/gave the PC version so much flack, did clock way over 100 hours after all.

The price tag, well sure, you might not view it as a 60$ game, but that is only due to the PC version. The Console version on its own is definitely worth it's money, more so than the PC version ever was, when it cam out (mind you I own both ofc).
    For it's genre, especialy on consoles, it's the king without a doubt, just like GTA V is in it's own genre atm.

Don't get me wrong, when I think about D3 on the PC atm, i cringe when thinking of the AH, getting bombed with utter bullcrap loot when I go and do some Inferno act 3 run on my barb, it's just no fun.
    The console version however (PS3 btw for the OP), got me curious and its really, really a lot of fun, and has a way better gear progression than the PC version ever had, which is what the game is all about.

If the PC version had launched like that, even vanilla D3 would have been one of the best ARPGs ever, and would not left this sour taste, that it did.
    With RoS the direction seems to be right, and I'm really looking forward to playing it (most likely on the PC again).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    Diablo is an ARPG, it can't have revolutionary different combat, because that makes the genre what it is pretty much.
    In terms of accesabilty tho, D3 is somewhat recolutionary tho, beeing able to swap skills at any time and all, way different form other games in that genre, where character builds are mostly permanent. Wether you like that or not, is a different story ofc, but it definitely does, what other games do not.

Also the combat itself is absolutely fluid, fast paced and smooth, it's really well made and tuned on the console, playing really well with a controller.
    Also you do not play Diablo for a campaign really, and even that is longer than 4 hours for sure, still a better price/length ratio than most shooter games nowadays, which are definitely not the slightest bit more "inspired" (seeing as you call D3 uninspired) than D3.

The game itself offers way, way more content and playtime for what the purpose behind the genre is, than most other games out there.
    Repetetive? Ofc, thats what a loot grinder is all about, and even that will change with RoS.
    But even most of those people that give/gave the PC version so much flack, did clock way over 100 hours after all.

The price tag, well sure, you might not view it as a 60$ game, but that is only due to the PC version. The Console version on its own is definitely worth it's money, more so than the PC version ever was, when it cam out (mind you I own both ofc).
    For it's genre, especialy on consoles, it's the king without a doubt, just like GTA V is in it's own genre atm.

Don't get me wrong, when I think about D3 on the PC atm, i cringe when thinking of the AH, getting bombed with utter bullcrap loot when I go and do some Inferno act 3 run on my barb, it's just no fun.
    The console version however (PS3 btw for the OP), got me curious and its really, really a lot of fun, and has a way better gear progression than the PC version ever had, which is what the game is all about.

If the PC version had launched like that, even vanilla D3 would have been one of the best ARPGs ever, and would not left this sour taste, that it did.
    With RoS the direction seems to be right, and I'm really looking forward to playing it (most likely on the PC again).
    APRG's are a LONG time "OUT" already....

D3 without its different AH's is just another 13 in a dozen ARPG's with - indeed - fluid combat for an on line game- (but do take in mind that you only have a very limited number of people playing per session, so you can't really compare it with MMO's and their needed Global Cool Down mechanics).

What made D3 unique compared to other ARPG's (apart from its fluid combat) is that PLAYERS could trade within the game.

It was up to the PLAYERS to decide if they used the AH or not. After patch 1.03 and certainly with patch 1.05 it was/is possible to down Diablo in Inferno mode with self found gear, so you didn't even need the AH for GEAR (mats traded are WELCOMED by anyone even the AH haters).

... BUT by that time Blizzard added Monster Power Play and so instead of just downing Diablo in Inferno with self found gear, the spoiled KIDS wanted to do MP 8 to MP 10 runs, so the NEED for extreme über gear was still there: hence the gold buying on the RMAH....

--- The DIFFERENT AH's had different purposes. As I played Diablo 3 hardcore as a little EVE: you could'nt buy gold (unless cheating) in hardcore, so you had this marvellous resource management game: you searched for ALL gear/mats (not only class or spec) and tried to sell it to other players. That way you upped your gold in order to try to advance... The fact everyone DIES in hardcore sometimes, set the motion of limited goods/high demands in hardcore.

GREAT little UNIQUE ARPG you had there in hardcore ... or for those playing softcore in self found gear mode WITH the possibility to trade mats...

Without the (future) AH's, the game became DEAD to me.

As I realised that ARPG's are not even successful and certainly not mainstream anymore. Even FREE to play games or priced at 15 dollars they hardly are played consistently by a few people over any long periods of time.

Why ? MMORPG's replaced them already a long long time ago. You can GRIND to eternity in MMO's too for awards, gear, mounts, titles etc... and MMO's are ALL about interaction WITH AH's included.

---So in a way (and it already shows on the terrible failure in sales/ in game activity of D3 on consoles), the D3 version without economical trading between players will have pretty much lost its attraction to most players already.

D3 in its current state is MORE played on sampled websites like Xfire or Raptr than SC2, but deduct the player trade AH's and you have a pre MMO period game with VERY limited interaction and prolonged game play.

World wide, I don't see more than a few 100K playing this thing. The future will prove it.

Deleted
    APRG's are a LONG time "OUT" already....

D3 without its different AH's is just another 13 in a dozen ARPG's with - indeed - fluid combat for an on line game- (but do take in mind that you only have a very limited number of people playing per session, so you can't really compare it with MMO's and their needed Global Cool Down mechanics).

What made D3 unique compared to other ARPG's (apart from its fluid combat) is that PLAYERS could trade within the game.

It was up to the PLAYERS to decide if they used the AH or not. After patch 1.03 and certainly with patch 1.05 it was/is possible to down Diablo in Inferno mode with self found gear, so you didn't even need the AH for GEAR (mats traded are WELCOMED by anyone even the AH haters).

... BUT by that time Blizzard added Monster Power Play and so instead of just downing Diablo in Inferno with self found gear, the spoiled KIDS wanted to do MP 8 to MP 10 runs, so the NEED for extreme über gear was still there: hence the gold buying on the RMAH....

--- The DIFFERENT AH's had different purposes. As I played Diablo 3 hardcore as a little EVE: you could'nt buy gold (unless cheating) in hardcore, so you had this marvellous resource management game: you searched for ALL gear/mats (not only class or spec) and tried to sell it to other players. That way you upped your gold in order to try to advance... The fact everyone DIES in hardcore sometimes, set the motion of limited goods/high demands in hardcore.

GREAT little UNIQUE ARPG you had there in hardcore ... or for those playing softcore in self found gear mode WITH the possibility to trade mats...

Without the (future) AH's, the game became DEAD to me.

As I realised that ARPG's are not even successful and certainly not mainstream anymore. Even FREE to play games or priced at 15 dollars they hardly are played consistently by a few people over any long periods of time.

Why ? MMORPG's replaced them already a long long time ago. You can GRIND to eternity in MMO's too for awards, gear, mounts, titles etc... and MMO's are ALL about interaction WITH AH's included.

---So in a way (and it already shows on the terrible failure in sales/ in game activity of D3 on consoles), the D3 version without economical trading between players will have pretty much lost its attraction to most players already.

D3 in its current state is MORE played on sampled websites like Xfire or Raptr than SC2, but deduct the player trade AH's and you have a pre MMO period game with VERY limited interaction and prolonged game play.

World wide, I don't see more than a few 100K playing this thing. The future will prove it.
    ARPG's aren't out, they were never really in, always a kind of minority, D2 just had a really long livespan thats all.
    There are other pretty well known and really good games out of that era, ARPGs too, like Divine Divinity and others.

There are a lot of games like Diablo, both good and bad,and they atually have a quite big playerbase, but compared to most other genres, it always has been rather small.

If the game is dead to you without the AH, then that is your opinion ofc, I know (and I played months with it) I won't miss it the slightest, I always traded with my friends, which is way more fun anyways. Ah is just really convenient, but not using it criples your progression (on the PC atleast) severly, unlike on consoles.

Also the sales of the console versions don't surprise me. Games was already out on the PC, the ARPG genre on consoles is pretty sparse, consoles never had the D2 era at all, unlike the PC, so there was no massive hype or anything.

The game on console is just really well made and fun to play, thats all really.
    Also imo you shouldn't compare MMO's to D3 or any kind of ARPG really, MMO's are specificly tailored to last years, while even with an online mode, no ARPG (in recent days ofc, not back in the D2 era) will last that long anymore, simply due to the lack of any real new content and way different expectations than back then.