15+ Year Old Account

Realid Chat Client

Hello I was wondering, due to the succes of oQueue, if there was a possibility to make an IRC style chat client in WoW using the RealID system.
    You can already make a conversation with other RealID friends but that function is somewhat limited. So basically you would sign up with your RealID, then choose a channel to chat in. Or make a private one perhaps.

Or perhaps there are already some addons out there that I don't know they existed.

So any help,suggestions and idea's are very welcome.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Deleted
    For that to work you need to be able to access RealID while being offline. Afaik that's not possible today, they wanted to add it to the new Battle.net Launcher but they didn't yet.

Deleted
    Sounds possible, yes. However, it wouldn't be very reliable, especially at a low number of users.

Privacy would also be an issue. I mean, encrypting data sent between users isn't too hard using a PSK algorithm, but any non-password protected channels wouldn't be able to reliably encrypt data.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another thought on this subject:

I can't really look into the network of Blizz, but would it be nice to update the current local realm chat channels so they can be joined by people on other realms. Sort of world chat channels, that would even exist when no-one has joined the channel. I loved that feature with EverQuest back in 2001.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |