Elvui: Shortening raid frame names to 4 characters?

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to figure out how to exactly shorten the names on my 25m frames to 4 characters. I've looked under the ingame interface panel at raid frames --> name --> name tags to short but that still shows 10 characters. That's just too many with how small I like to keep my raidframes.

Anyway to shorten them even further?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Hello everyone.

I'm trying to figure out how to exactly shorten the names on my 25m frames to 4 characters. I've looked under the ingame interface panel at raid frames --> name --> name tags to short but that still shows 10 characters. That's just too many with how small I like to keep my raidframes.

Anyway to shorten them even further?

Thanks!
    This isn't going to help your question directly, but I actually disable the ElvUI raid frames for healing (I use the rest of ElvUI). I find that the default raid frames tracked my Druid's HoTs in a better way.

Just a suggestion, you may like it better. If you don't, hopefully you can find an answer

It's okay. I actually prefer the raid frames for healing more than anything else I've tried: Grid, Grid2, Healbot, Vuhdo and standard raid frames.

Thankfully I am a priest and don't have a TON to track that can't be tracked simply (ie Weakened Soul debuff, PW: Shield, Renew, Prayer of Mending).

I'm just trying to make them even smaller than they currently are and trying to make my UI more minimalistic. I'm already going to take the power bar off from the frames when I get home and make dbm smaller.

Here is my UI in an LFR, please ignore spirit flask lol

http://imgur.com/iN0WO8M

I've looked under the ingame interface panel at raid frames --> name --> name tags to short but that still shows 10 characters
    Thanks!
    I believe you can use "name:veryshort" to limit it too 3/4 letters

Do I just type that into the frame where it says name:short, because I didn't see an option for veryshort?

If so, that's a lifesaver! I was worried I'd have to go into the lua and I'm really not that great at that sort of thing.

Do I just type that into the frame where it says name:short, because I didn't see an option for veryshort?

If so, that's a lifesaver! I was worried I'd have to go into the lua and I'm really not that great at that sort of thing.

This may help you for all your future needs: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=23117

Thank you, I tried location a guide (though not as hard as I should have).

This clears things up!

Cheers!