Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    So what's stopping you from going? Also, go in spring, if you go in autumn, you will indeed die. If you go when animals start to appear, you will have a chance to get used to the area before the next winter comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I want to live off the land, hunting, fishing and gathering my own food. I want to survive the scathing cold and hardship. I want to survive it all through sheer skill and intellect. I don't want to live the rest of my life like this, I'll only live there for about a year. Make no mistake, I would train long and hard before undertaking such an endeavor and I would be well prepared. It's my mantra; "Beyond the hardships lies accomplishment."

Why does everyone else think that this is so strange?
    Good luck if you're not serbian. The serbians are notoriously racist, genocidal, and stupid. As such, it's not the environment that'll kill you, it's the "people". Or did the attempted genocide, rape camps, and wanton murder of bosnians not teach you that?

Please refrain from bashing other nations.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-10-08 at 01:54 PM.

If i had done everything i had planned, the world would be a better place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Good luck if you're not serbian. The serbians are notoriously racist, genocidal, and stupid. As such, it's not the environment that'll kill you, it's the "people". Or did the attempted genocide, rape camps, and wanton murder of bosnians not teach you that?
    He said Siberia, not Serbia. Enjoy your infraction, though!

Deleted
    Lol, 8 pages here and you did not read one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    He said Siberia, not Serbia. Enjoy your infraction, though!
    Yeah mmo-champ does nothing but infract people for stating facts. And what's the difference siberian or serbian? If the serb doesn't kill him the land will. dead is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah mmo-champ does nothing but infract people for stating facts. And what's the difference siberian or serbian? If the serb doesn't kill him the land will. dead is dead.
    You sound rather silly right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet more evidence that Putin deserves the Nobel Peace Prize - not once, under his watch, has Siberia attacked Bosnia.

Please refrain from bashing other nations.
    Siberia brah, S i b e r i a. Not Serbia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Siberia brah, S i b e r i a. Not Serbia
    I must admit that when I first saw the thread I thought it said Serbia, then I happened to actually read what the thread was about rather than just posting willy nilly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I must admit that when I first saw the thread I thought it said Serbia, then I happened to actually read what the thread was about rather than just posting willy nilly.
    Kinda hilarious how many just can't read it first.

Kind of reminds me of the movie "Hanna" (Good music score, by the way)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Kind of reminds me of the movie "Hanna" (Good music score, by the way)
    Yeh kinda sucked in my opinion. But I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Would you suggest watching it again? I actually love saoirse Ronan to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeh kinda sucked in my opinion. But I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Would you suggest watching it again? I actually love saoirse Ronan to bits.
    No, it wasn't that good. But I liked it because the music and the style of shooting was reminiscent to me of foreign films like "Run, Lola, Run" (Which is awesome).
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I want to live off the land, hunting, fishing and gathering my own food. I want to survive the scathing cold and hardship. I want to survive it all through sheer skill and intellect. I don't want to live the rest of my life like this, I'll only live there for about a year. Make no mistake, I would train long and hard before undertaking such an endeavor and I would be well prepared. It's my mantra; "Beyond the hardships lies accomplishment."

Why does everyone else think that this is so strange?
    Go play minecraft or minecraft with terrafirma craft mod, this should satisfy your survival needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Judging from your post history it will be a cold day in hell before you ever get given advanced gun training.

Also the people who do live in these places have decades of experience you cant find in any school, they have communities that support each other. Going all bear grylls wont last you past a week.
    Bear Grylls is fake, i like survivorman better, it's just 1 person filming himself surviving few days in different places. You should check that.
    http://lesstroud.ca/survivorman/home.php

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Yeah, I lived close to the Mongolian steppe for a decade and a half. I dare say winters were warmer than they were in Michigan (where I lived for 3 years, in Ann Arbor) because even though the temperature was much lower, the dry, crisp air made it very bearable - to a point where you could walk out into a -13 (Fahrenheit) without a hat and not even feel cold. Summers were ~86-105 degrees and also a lot less oppressive because of a lack of moisture in the air.

Never stepped foot north of the trans-siberian though, so no idea how much further up north until it gets bad

And you were still in the warm part of Michigan :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I love camping, but living in the wild? I'll never understand that fascination. Give me a condo with a balcony overlooking the warm ocean beach any-day... and also a little flag in my mojito. Very important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Related (about tweets after the Boston explosion, people confused Chechnya and Czech Republic):

Bomb the Czech Republic? Raise your hand if you
    think that would be a good idea.
    No one? Going once. Going twice.
    Good.
    Yet, just one month ago, right after the Boston
    bombings, droves of raving Tweeters called for exactly
    that.
    A typical Tweet read, “I can’t believe those two in
    the Boston bombing were NOT Towel Heads!!! They
    are Czechoslovakian!” And another, “I’m tired of this
    stuff. . . nuke Czechoslovakia.”
    From http://www.amergeog.org/ubiquejuly2013.pdf
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    How do you survive the -40 and more coldness which can stay for 2 weeks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    How do you survive the -40 and more coldness which can stay for 2 weeks?
    Good discipline, training and equipment, even then luck is a big factor.