People have tunnel-visioned on these two possibilities. Is it likely to be one of these? Yes. Does it have to be? Absolutely not.
If this turns out to be a bunch of recycled BC models, recycled BC story, recycled BC characters, an all-around BC2, it is already doomed to be the final expansion of WoW's relevance in the industry.
Five Common MMO-C Misconceptions:
1. If I'm burnt out on WoW, the game must be less exciting than it was in BC/Wrath.
2. If Guild Wars 2 can do it, WoW should have done it 4-9 years ago.
3. Anything I don't get free is another way to milk the players for money.
4. "Don't hate me because I disagree" is a good way to shut down dissenting arguments.
5. GC is the root of all WoW's problems. Now that he is gone the game will be perfect again.
because Azshara and BL got potential that is too big to waste it by putting all in 1 expansion. and then doing another expansions about " old forgotten lands" like pandaria and fighting with "unknown ancient evil". it would just make xpansion random.