Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What i'm wondering.

How do you keep a decent eye on Timers/Dots/Auras/Environment while mousing over to every ability?

Honest question.

Also the thread said with standard blizz ui and click, does that mean no external addons of any kind? or just no actionbar/unit frame changes?
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2013-10-09 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    What i'm wondering.

How do you keep a decent eye on Timers/Dots/Auras/Environment while mousing over to every ability?

Honest question.
    Same way a keybinder does, you don't need to babysit your mouse movements if you've used it for a few hours. Do you watch where you are sending your mouse normally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I click my mount, buffs and sometimes cooldowns, if that counts. I heal with the default blizzard UI, but I used Shadowed Unit Frames for myself and target. If it works for you, then who can really argue? I'm not sure there's really a case that clicking is better, but it's all about muscle memory and reflexes. You can only click every 1-1.5 seconds anyway, so if you can move your mouse and are that accurate, assuming it doesn't hinder your movement, I guess good for you. Personally, I use my mouse to move the camera around almost constantly, so I can't be moving it down to the action bar every second. I do a lot of circle strafing around bosses, so I'm not sure how would you do that and stay productive while clicking.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Tryana;22784730]What i'm wondering.

Honest question.
    [quote]

Why would you be looking at your mousepointer all the time? #

honest question.
    Also the thread said with standard blizz ui and click, does that mean no external addons of any kind? or just no actionbar/unit frame changes?
    Looks like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a hybrid method, most important keys are hot-keyed, stuff like mounts, pets and longer CDs I click.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I'll also add again that if you are reacting in pve you are doing it wrong.
    Ridiculous. PvE may be fairly scripted, but things will never always go perfectly right. Sometimes, unexpected things happen, and reacting to those things is exactly what you do. Sometimes, you as a human being, space out for a moment and forget an upcoming mechanic, and reacting to it is then exactly what you do.

My argument was purely against people who claim that clicking allows a player equal potential skill against a player who keybinds. They are wrong. I have nothing against clickers, I have nothing against casual players, or people who don't do heroic raiding. I have nothing against players who don't care to acquire that skill. But I won't spend my limited progression raiding time with them making mistakes due to an inferior playstyle when there's nothing stopping them from playing better.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

This whole thread just reeks of people unwilling to change or improve for the better, defending clicking as if we all haven't used it before, moved on from it and realized it's a very inferior way to play the game in many aspects. If you want to play as a clicker, fine, go ahead, but please do not bother attempting to make a post about how you've cleared content as a clicker, topped the meter as a clicker, or done any achievement as a clicker, as if it even has any context or usefulness.

I'd essentially argue clickers are most likely playing against clickers, so the playing field is 'even'. I'd love to see a rogue clicking Sub spec and trying to even compete with me, it would be laughable.

Don't lie to yourself. You might be doing "good" with clicking, but fact remains, keybinds will ALWAYS be faster than clicking.

It's not about clicking being bad, it's about keybinds being better.

As somebody already said: Why handicap yourself on purpose?
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Don't lie to yourself. You might be doing "good" with clicking, but fact remains, keybinds will ALWAYS be faster than clicking.

It's not about clicking being bad, it's about keybinds being better.

As somebody already said: Why handicap yourself on purpose?
    While we're at it lets make sure everyone is playing in correct posture on a machine that plays perfectly, have 0 distractions at any point, only play right handed with a XX" monitor etc. etc. etc.

Or you could all realize the benefit you gain from keybinding is so miniscule basically ANY change you make will lead to a larger performance increase, and for some you simply won't notice it.

I don't know if you're all just such bad players with a mouse or what? You'd all struggle with games that require more mouse use it seems.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    While we're at it lets make sure everyone is playing in correct posture on a machine that plays perfectly, have 0 distractions at any point, only play right handed with a XX" monitor etc. etc. etc.

Or you could all realize the benefit you gain from keybinding is so miniscule basically ANY change you make will lead to a larger performance increase, and for some you simply won't notice it.

I don't know if you're all just such bad players with a mouse or what? You'd all struggle with games that require more mouse use it seems.
    This is rich, first you think switching from clicking to keybinding is miniscule (you haven't even went through the process), and then you make the assumption we're the bad players with the mouse, as if being 'skillful' with a mouse will get you anywhere in WoW. I'm willing to bet your progress reflects your clicking, like many others. I'd love to see you prove me wrong with something of value or worth but I doubt you can.

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    This is rich, first you think switching from clicking to keybinding is miniscule, and then you make the assumption we're the bad players with the mouse, as if being 'skillful' with a mouse will get you anywhere. I'm willing to bet your progress reflects your clicking, like many others.
    My progress reflects my social attitude to the game, but I have raided heroic pre-nerfs and had top 10 ranks along with (until literally getting 0 real upgrades so far this patch), ranking most fights.

None of these things really matter at all in comparison to keybinding. And really, the "right handed" thing again? Nobody can really take you serious with arguments like that. A larger monitor/larger resolution can help for more spatial awareness, and a steady-FPS capable PC is of course better than playing at 5 FPS, but those aren't things that everyone can afford. ANYONE can keybind. It costs you nothing but a few sessions of learning and adjusting.

It has nothing to do with being bad or slow with the mouse, you have two input devices in front of you, you should be fully utilizing both.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    None of these things really matter at all in comparison to keybinding. And really, the "right handed" thing again? Nobody can really take you serious with arguments like that. A larger monitor/larger resolution can help for more spatial awareness, and a steady-FPS capable PC is of course better than playing at 5 FPS, but those aren't things that everyone can afford. ANYONE can keybind. It costs you nothing but a few sessions of learning and adjusting.

It has nothing to do with being bad or slow with the mouse, you have two input devices in front of you, you should be fully utilizing both.
    Yeah, keyboard can be used to do any pve movement you require (before someone mentions keyboard turning again I will remind strafe keys are there by default!), bar hexos.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can end up clicking. I have been playing MMOs for almost 10 years now and there was always 1,2,3,4,5 etc on any and all default action bars regardless of game. What person would see 10 buttons with numbers on them and think to themselves: hmm, I better hover my mouse over those and click the numbers instead of actually pressing the numbers on my keyboard.

It makes no sense!!

Yeah, keyboard can be used to do any pve movement you require (before someone mentions keyboard turning again I will remind strafe keys are there by default!), bar hexos.
    What is your point? I could press all the buttons on my keyboard with chopsticks and do everything required. Does that mean it's good to do? Keyboard turning is pathetically slow. Strafing alone is not good enough if you also have to reorient your camera or your characters facing direction, which is time spent mouse turning and not clicking abilities. While I am mouse turning and still using abilities.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    What is your point? I could press all the buttons on my keyboard with chopsticks and do everything required. Does that mean it's good to do? Keyboard turning is pathetically slow. Strafing alone is not good enough if you also have to reorient your camera or your characters facing direction, which is time spent mouse turning and not clicking abilities. While I am mouse turning and still using abilities.
    Welcome to 15 pages ago, it's called GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I can click my abilities faster than you can two-hit button combos"

Funniest thing I have read in a long, long, long time. I have 4 action bars filled with abilities and macros. I know all the of the skills and can turn my action bars off and it wouldn't matter. I still know where everything is. Anyone who states something like the above... is not all that intelligent or any good at this game or any game for that matter.

The fact that people still try to argue that Clicking is just as good as keybinding, just shows how people will argue anything to make themselves feel better about what they "believe", whether its right or wrong. People these days seem to have a problem with needing to enable themselves, as opposed to learning.
    Last edited by dyzz; 2013-10-09 at 02:39 PM.

I doubt your rankings greatly, and your performance/progression. If you do somehow manage to rank, I'm willing to bet it's as an obscure unused spec with a low population among raiders.

You've essentially shown me nothing but you're too stubborn to admit you're playing an inferior setup. Also, for being a smartass with the GCD comment, I'll remind you some classes have reduced GCD, and GCD is reduced by certain haste effects. Tell me, how do you counterspell a mob, while casting combustion and then immediately spreading it as a clicker? Here's a tip: you do it very slowly and poorly, and there's many situations which match that.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2013-10-09 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    I doubt your rankings greatly, and your performance/progression. If you do somehow manage to rank, I'm willing to bet it's as an obscure unused spec with a low population among raiders.

You've essentially shown me nothing but you're too stubborn to admit you're playing an inferior setup.
    I've never said it's not inferior, just the difference is so miniscule its LAUGHABLE that anyone who hasn't killed hc garrosh is making a big deal about it.

I use standard UI except for 2 PvP addons that are pretty much essential. I do keybind with mouseovers though mainly because I am a healer. I used to click in WOTLK as a Frost DK and I was the top DPS on my server for a long time until people started getting Shadowmourne. While keybinding would have improved my dps some its still possible to click and DPS though I wouldn't recommend it.