Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    a lot of clickers make the excuse that "it is too hard to learn to keybind".

it is as simple as setting up bartender so that your keys are mirrored on the screen.

while you are learning you make bartender easily view able and leave it there as a safety net to click on.

once you have it down you make bartender smaller and only use as a guide now and again when you are making changes.
    I guess I didnt realize that was the argument against keybinds is not remembering, I use Bartender nad it labels my keybinds on my bars. I use Keybinds for spells with sub 2 min cd's and click on the longer ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Why handicap oneself on purpose?
    /thread

Love the arguements of "why make it harder on yourself to remember which keys do what."

After a couple days, you just know. Heaven forbid you put in a little bit of adjustment time / uncomfortable playing to improve your game more by about a tier's worth of gear.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Oh I have, but I dunno. I've had Xperl since Vanilla (or very early TBC, can't remember) and I'm very fond of it. Tried ElvUI but it wasn't really my style.

Thanks for the friendly tip though!
    The default that it comes up with is kind of lame, but you can customize it to have player and target pics attached to the health bars, color the health bars by class color, health, etc. You can move everything where ever you want on the screen. The default that it shows is a little overwhelming, but once customized it can provide a very clean, nice look.

Not trying to sell you on it, I just know it seemed a little crappy to me the first time I looked at it.

I'm at work, so I don't have a screenshot available, or I'd post one of my UI.

Best of luck to you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    I've tanked, healed, and dps'd with main characters through multiple raiding tiers. Dps always felt the easiest role for me, healing deffo the toughest, tanking slightly easier than healing with a bit more resposibility. I healed fairly well though (but as healer I keybind 90% of the spells, I only click CDs and PoM for some weird reason lol). I also think Endless PG is quite a good basis for anything, I certainly find Endless way tougher than normal raiding, and on par with some heroic encounters (depends which wave).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't do PvP, its part of the game I stay far away from
    I think it really depends on your personality. I'm competitive by nature, so just being a DPS lost in recount somewhere doesn't work for me. Not because of epeen or any stupid bullshit like that, I just take pride in what I do, and I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. I think most who see DPS as the "easiest" role is because they don't feel like they have any responsibility in that role and they don't really have a strong competitive drive.

I see it like this:

Tanking is the easiest role I've done. Move boss, pop CD's when necessary, keep threat (which the game pretty much does by itself now), pick up new adds, tank swap. I tanked from Kara to FL and loved it, but it was still the easiest role I had played. I'm very mindful of what's going on around me, and leading the pack, so to speak, is something that always came natural, so I never felt the pressure that most seem to feel in a tanking role. Once they made threat a non-issue, it became TOO easy and I stopped.

Healing is the second easiest for me. I get bored healing unless it's for HM's or we're doing things to make it more challenging. But again, that's me.

DPS I find to be the most difficult, because again, I like to be the best at what I do. Every fight I push myself to push out that last ounce of DPS, manage that CD perfectly to get another one, plan every move, every target switch, every CD perfectly to be the best. To me, that's pressure, but it's a pressure I love. I love pushing myself to the limits to see how much more I can push out on a given encounter.

So again, I think it's all in the personality. Tanking? Stay alive, you're good. Healing? Keep people alive, you're good. DPS? There's no ceiling... There's no stopping, there's no slacking or holding back.

This may make sense to no one but me, but that's how I see it. And I've played every class and every role (apart from Monk) in the game in HM raiding environments in some capacity. Every one is challenged in different ways.

Deleted
    I almost have everything keybound. Here's what I click:
    Hearthstone, flask, food, gear sets.
    Everything else is keybound. I also have all bars hidden. UI-wise nothing is from the standard UI, I really, really despise the standard UI, and I've played completely without since late TBC/early WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    I almost have everything keybound. Here's what I click:
    Hearthstone, flask, food, gear sets.
    Everything else is keybound. I also have all bars hidden. UI-wise nothing is from the standard UI, I really, really despise the standard UI, and I've played completely without since late TBC/early WotLK.
    Can you post a screenshot? I'd like to see your UI. I've thought about hiding most of my bars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    /thread

Love the arguements of "why make it harder on yourself to remember which keys do what."

After a couple days, you just know. Heaven forbid you put in a little bit of adjustment time / uncomfortable playing to improve your game more by about a tier's worth of gear.
    Pretty much this. The human brain is an amazing pattern recognition tool, and can associate physical action with mental triggers that have nothing at all to do with the activity.

Given a few hours to let your brain fill in the gap between "I want to Keg Smash" and "this is the action you have to take in order to make Keg Smash happen", and you won't even have to make a conscious decision to move your fingers anymore. You'll just see your action come off cooldown and your hands will move the way they need to automatically.

If you used your mouse for NOTHING except clicking on buttons, it would work the same way, because your muscle memory would know how far to move the mouse and when to hit the button to make the action happen -- but since the mouse is also used to rotate your character/camera and select targets, your muscle memory can't trigger. You have to process your mouse position relative to your button bar and determine a path and distance visually every time in order to make the action happen.

On top of all the obvious downsides (like not being able to move and cast or select targets an immediately cast on them, etc), it's undeniable fact that clicking puts you at a disadvantage, simply because you're not using one of they key evolutionary advantages given to you by the human brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why over-complicate your life with remembering which key does what?

I've always clicked and I've been relatively successful (when I played).

You realize it takes more brain function to remember the location of a button on a virtual screen than it takes for the mechanical function of a hand to hit a key right?

A person who uses keybinds can also play blindfolded. Clickers cannot due to needing visual cues.

Seniority doesn't mean shit in most MMO's, so this whole (i've been playing since BC and i click" doesn't make you a better player than someone who started playing in cataclysm and uses key binds. Clickers tend to be the baddies, while key binders typically are a lot more illusive and able to play the game more efficiently. In some rare cases, yes clickers can get away with some good performance, but overall at some point it will hinder your ability to push your skill to a whole new level. That's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    for hardcore pvp/pve keybinds > clicking

1.9k is easy, if u see 99% of top players in pvp and pve use keybinds, for a reason, and ti's because is better overall. stop defending clicking rofl

I used to click back in tbc I was awful then in s5 (first patch of woltk) I started using keybinds and never look back, ofc I was still awful, but after u get used to it, gg u'll just improve your gameplay..
    I don't pvp, I got 1.9k just doing weekly caps for pve gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Can you post a screenshot? I'd like to see your UI. I've thought about hiding most of my bars as well.
    Sure

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Destruction warlock in my raid is a 100% clicker, like he clicks every single spell on his screen from the cast bar. He does good dps still, but on heroic progression he definitely dies the most to mechanics and is definitely not someone we'd put in charge of handling an important mechanic. However, he's still good, really knows destruction and is consistently above 250k for single target fights and above 350-400k on heavy aoe fights like garrosh (500 to as much as 800k on the pull). I'd imagine he'd be incredible though if he played with keybinds instead, but he tried and didn't like it and said he played worse.
    It's called transition state... if he gives up during it of course it will seem worse... you can't just give up after a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I only click things like long CDs (Time Warp) or mounts/random items. As a DPS it is important, however as a tank I think you can get by without keybinds as long as you are not losing much from it.

Deleted
    The only points where clicking or key binding makes any difference is top 1% level pvp or world first race pve.
    If you are playing below that level it doesn't matter if you click or key bind.
    I have raided for years in a heroic guild and I have always been very high on the dps, clicking.

All this talk about handicapping yourself is all bullshit if you are not a member of Method, Blood Legion or Paragon.
    This is all just about some people wanting to feel better then other people. "I key bind so im good", so silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    Seniority doesn't mean shit in most MMO's, so this whole (i've been playing since BC and i click" doesn't make you a better player than someone who started playing in cataclysm and uses key binds. Clickers tend to be the baddies, while key binders typically are a lot more illusive and able to play the game more efficiently. In some rare cases, yes clickers can get away with some good performance, but overall at some point it will hinder your ability to push your skill to a whole new level. That's my two cents.
    And your two cents are not worth anything tbh.
    Its your opinion, not facts, so its kind of useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I only click things like long CDs (Time Warp) or mounts/random items. As a DPS it is important, however as a tank I think you can get by without keybinds as long as you are not losing much from it.
    ... have people even tried active mitigation tanking and using abilities that blizz has given tanks?

On my prot war I have over 30 keybinds and use just about all of them on each fight... how in the hell can you get by tanking without keybinding compared to dps?

Lets take a look at DPS vs TANK shall we?

Sha of pride

top dps in the world on sha 10 man normal is a affli lock lets look at casts
    Buffs / debuffs cast
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...tab-auras-cast
    dmg Spells cast to reach that
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...4#tab-dmgspell

Myself not even ranked on that fight
    Buffs / debuffs cast on same fight
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...tab-auras-cast
    dmg Spells castduring fight
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...1#tab-dmgspell

I keep seing it over and over tanks have an easy job yada yada but all I can think of is "maybe bad tanks that don't like to use there abilities and max dps while min inc dmg!". I really don't know how you would tank properly with active mitigation, keep track of timer's , and max your dmg while tanking these days!

All throughout WotLK I was in the top guild on my realm and never had any problems as a clicker (to be fair, it was a low-end realm). It really wasn't that hard to be aware of what's going on and click on my abilities. That's in pve, though - in pvp I wasn't quite as good.

Since then I've gotten used to keybinding, and I do feel more effective as a player. Still, if someone's having fun and is being effective while clicking, more power to them. No reason to get angry over things that don't really affect you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    ... have people even tried active mitigation tanking and using abilities that blizz has given tanks?

On my prot war I have over 30 keybinds and use just about all of them on each fight... how in the hell can you get by tanking without keybinding compared to dps?

Lets take a look at DPS vs TANK shall we?

Sha of pride

top dps in the world on sha 10 man normal is a affli lock lets look at casts
    Buffs / debuffs cast
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...tab-auras-cast
    dmg Spells cast to reach that
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...4#tab-dmgspell

Myself not even ranked on that fight
    Buffs / debuffs cast on same fight
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...tab-auras-cast
    dmg Spells castduring fight
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...1#tab-dmgspell

I keep seing it over and over tanks have an easy job yada yada but all I can think of is "maybe bad tanks that don't like to use there abilities and max dps while min inc dmg!". I really don't know how you would tank properly with active mitigation, keep track of timer's , and max your dmg while tanking these days!
    I am just arguing a tank won't lose as much potential without keybinding as a DPS or Healer. Keybinding will always be beneficial, however as long as the tank is holding threat and staying alive I think he is doing his job. Tank DPS is very emphasized this expansion compared to others for some classes, but it shouldn't make or break a progression attempt by losing 5k dps from a tank because he is a clicker.

Deleted
    My bf plays with the standard UI and clicks everything exept for maybe 10 buttons in his rotation. He's a decent player though. Very good raid awareness, almost always top dps.

I personally click a few things I don't actually want to press, like bloodlust for example. I wouldn't be able to handle clicking everything, because I mouseturn. But maybe I could if wow could handle a touchscreen better :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I play with the Blizzard UI just fine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    A clicker cannot press an ability with gcd and one without gcd such as a defensive cd / interrupt at the same time while moving and target switching, unless he set up complex macros with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    A clicker cannot press an ability with gcd and one without gcd such as a defensive cd / interrupt at the same time while moving, unless he set up complex macros with it.
    /cast spell with no gcd
    /cast spell with gcd

Complex?