Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    As a tank, I feel pretty crappy when I see images of other UIs, ones that look highly complex but I bet pretty helpful. I am also a clicker as melee (only when I play a ranged char I go with keybinds, go figure), but I do fairly well as a tank (right now Wave 32 on Endless with my DK). When I heal I don't click, but I still use the standard raid frames and that's where I heal. Am I alone in the world or are there more HC raiders who use the standard Blizzard UI and are ok with it?
    I can play with the standard UI NP, I Click and I am a PvPer ( using keyboard to move ). Have been 2200+ in 4 arena seasons. Right now I stand at at 2311 in RBG's The people I play with don't know I click yet say I am 1 of the best enhancement shaman they have played with. Ihave countless pictures of me 1st place in RBG's on Damage and in NBG's. So yes. You can be Successful. I also Top LFR charts in DPS ( in PvP gear ) so don't listen to idiots that say "clickers" cant play.

    Why handicap oneself on purpose?
    Lol handicap, I could say the same thing about keyboarders. You have to remember every keybind to 60+ buttons. Yeah GL with that. I have seen friends in action pvping and raiding where I see them not use a certain skill they have to grab the mouse to click it because they forgot the keyblind to said skill. I promise I can click any 2nd bar + item or skill faster than you can with a two button push. Sounds like keyboards only is the handicap.
    GC : Reclaimer, Everything you say is real and I respect you because you tell it.
    Reclaimer : When you say " Plz " instead of please, I say " No " because its shorter than Yes.
    Relliks : Dude, Reclaimer's fucking epic. He's got the right to quote himself.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    The default that it comes up with is kind of lame, but you can customize it to have player and target pics attached to the health bars, color the health bars by class color, health, etc. You can move everything where ever you want on the screen. The default that it shows is a little overwhelming, but once customized it can provide a very clean, nice look.

    Not trying to sell you on it, I just know it seemed a little crappy to me the first time I looked at it.

    I'm at work, so I don't have a screenshot available, or I'd post one of my UI.

    Best of luck to you

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think it really depends on your personality. I'm competitive by nature, so just being a DPS lost in recount somewhere doesn't work for me. Not because of epeen or any stupid bullshit like that, I just take pride in what I do, and I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. I think most who see DPS as the "easiest" role is because they don't feel like they have any responsibility in that role and they don't really have a strong competitive drive.

    I see it like this:

    Tanking is the easiest role I've done. Move boss, pop CD's when necessary, keep threat (which the game pretty much does by itself now), pick up new adds, tank swap. I tanked from Kara to FL and loved it, but it was still the easiest role I had played. I'm very mindful of what's going on around me, and leading the pack, so to speak, is something that always came natural, so I never felt the pressure that most seem to feel in a tanking role. Once they made threat a non-issue, it became TOO easy and I stopped.

    Healing is the second easiest for me. I get bored healing unless it's for HM's or we're doing things to make it more challenging. But again, that's me.

    DPS I find to be the most difficult, because again, I like to be the best at what I do. Every fight I push myself to push out that last ounce of DPS, manage that CD perfectly to get another one, plan every move, every target switch, every CD perfectly to be the best. To me, that's pressure, but it's a pressure I love. I love pushing myself to the limits to see how much more I can push out on a given encounter.

    So again, I think it's all in the personality. Tanking? Stay alive, you're good. Healing? Keep people alive, you're good. DPS? There's no ceiling... There's no stopping, there's no slacking or holding back.

    This may make sense to no one but me, but that's how I see it. And I've played every class and every role (apart from Monk) in the game in HM raiding environments in some capacity. Every one is challenged in different ways.
    I guess its a matter of perspective, I started the game as a dpser, my main was Unholy DK, topped charts most of the time, then got bored of it, I didn't find any challenge aside of maxing the numbers. Then switched to playing a mage (Arcane and Fire), and again, got bored fairly quickly, so bored in fact my mage is still stuck on level 87 and I can't be bothered to level it any further. Then I started healing and found a whole new gaming experience, and that never actually got boring, felt always like a challenge, keeping up people up, while keeping mana up, timing cds, and knowing a whole group is counting on your work. Back on Spine HC progress we were missing a tank and I needed to start tanking, so I rolled blood on my DK and never looked back, I'm having a blast with it and while I don't find it as challenging as a healer, I find it just as intense as healing and tougher than dpsing (especially in raid enivorment).

  3. #123
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,633
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    The game is perfectly visible and clear with standard bars, this is all just the new age macintosh generation talking, with its fad about being clean and pure and minimalistic.

    Honestly I'm looking at some bars and don't even understand how people manage their abilities, all I see are 2-3 empty bars which don't appear to be doing anything, and the rest of the screen is completely empty of any useful information, just for the sake of being "clean".

    I'm not a clicker but I've never had a problem with standard bars and frames.
    You act like there's something wrong with clean minimalism

  4. #124
    Used the default Blizzard UI since I started playing back in 2005/4, can not get used to any other UI in WoW but I do have 90-100% of my abilities as a keybind with macros depending on the class and role I am doing.

    For instance I'm playing a Hunter right now, all my abilities have been set up as a keybind with macros for mouseover plus anything else I need in the macro, I find it very handy to just spam my mouse over a aoe pack while holding shift and spamming 3 for multi shot. But the one thing I tend not to use is focus target as I don't pvp that much, so having mouse over macros helps in that regard.

  5. #125
    I use ALT + L for Lightning bolt and mouseclick Bloodlust. I got like 26+ keybinds and would never have been able to perform well without keybinds.

    Elvui is one of my fav UImods(which is a lot) along with Weakauras.
    Frostwhisper EU - Hulkovius Elemental
    Armory

    Meow

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    Seniority doesn't mean shit in most MMO's, so this whole (i've been playing since BC and i click" doesn't make you a better player than someone who started playing in cataclysm and uses key binds. Clickers tend to be the baddies, while key binders typically are a lot more illusive and able to play the game more efficiently. In some rare cases, yes clickers can get away with some good performance, but overall at some point it will hinder your ability to push your skill to a whole new level. That's my two cents.
    Thing is, when I heal/range dps I go 90% keybinding, I don't click anything but major cds. However I cannot even bare the thought of not clicking when playing melee dps/tank.

  7. #127
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    "Successful" is a pretty relative term in this thread. We play an MMO, a game where most of the prestige (aka success) is defined by either your guild GROUP or your arena TEAM.
    Nope, success and prestige aren't related.

    Success is - do the bosses die?

    Prestige is - did you kill the bosse faster than other guilds?

    Can you kill everything in wow while clicking? Yep.

    Is keybinding better? Of course. Though it's overblown - people mentioning reaction times in pve are simply doing it wrong, in pve there shouldn't be any reaction time because you should be following a plan. Yeah, on progression or racing for server/world first there will be a difference. An irrelevent to most people who play so who gives a fuck difference. Theres also bags of time to spam your abilities if you click - keybinding mostly allows you to spam a button over and over and the game won't register that anyway.
    To answer the thread's question, I am sure there are people out there who are downing heroic SoO bosses who click with the standard UI. However, there is a good chance they are getting carried in some way, shape, or form by their guild/arena team, because someone in the exact same gear and exact same knowledge of fights/class/mechanics who actually uses keybinds is going to be a better player 99.99% of the time.
    They will also be getting carried by that guy in the raid who got a good nights sleep.
    If you took a poll of all the tops guilds in the world and all the rank 1 arena players, I think extremely few of them would be clicking much at all, and almost none of them would be a "clicker" (someone who clicks basically everything).
    And such people are irrelevent to this. The question is can you kill HC raid bosses while clicking. The answer is yes, ofc.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why over-complicate your life with remembering which key does what?

    I've always clicked and I've been relatively successful (when I played).
    If you can't prove that with logs, why should we trust your word?
    There is NO way to do every fight mechanism, switch for interrupting while NOT loosing ANY dps. You can forget about ranking top 200 at all.

    For example - try jumping, turning 180, disengage, turn 180 back and keep running forward.. while NOT loosing ANY dps. Simple example.
    Hundreds of such examples are out there.

    If your Raid leader allows you to sit back and tunnel boss, i am not impressed at all about someone doing "relatively successful".
    As a RL, i would never allow 100% clicker to hold us back - and i am not talking about clicking some cds/potions.

  9. #129
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    If you can't prove that with logs, why should we trust your word?
    There is NO way to do every fight mechanism, switch for interrupting while NOT loosing ANY dps. You can forget about ranking top 200 at all.

    For example - try jumping, turning 180, disengage, turn 180 back and keep running forward.. while NOT loosing ANY dps. Simple example.
    Hundreds of such examples are out there.

    If your Raid leader allows you to sit back and tunnel boss, i am not impressed at all about someone doing "relatively successful".
    As a RL, i would never allow 100% clicker to hold us back - and i am not talking about clicking some cds/potions.
    top 200 lol.

    No one cares and it doesn't matter. Bosses will still die if you click. Bosses will still die if you do merely half decent clicky dps. They don't require you to be the best in the universe, though it helps quite a bit if you are in the tedious and mostly irrelevent "race."
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  10. #130
    May I ask fellow tanks, how do you target adds effeciently? Obviously you don't click them and then taunt, but pressing TAB doesn't always targets the correct add. Surely there is a solution I am missing.

  11. #131
    Are there any videos of a clicker doing (current) high-end raiding or pvp? Some of you claim to do fairly decent, and although I'm a bit skeptical, I'll take your word for it.

    If at all possible though, I think it'd be a fairly enlightening if one of you guys could make a video. Something like 1800+ arena, 2000+ RBG, normal Garrosh (or even an HC boss!)

    I think most of us keybinders started out as clickers and understand a lot of the pitfalls (or at least perceived pitfalls) that clicking has. Clicking between buttons, missing GCDs, clicking the wrong thing, clicking outside a button while moving and unexpectedly moving your camera. I'm sure with practice it's possible to minimize those type of things, but I'd love to see that type of control. I'd be very impressed.

    Again: I'm not asking for gladiator-level pvp or bleeding edge raiding, but I'd honestly find it fascinating to watch a clicker hard at work in "hard" content. Anyone can link a log and say "I'm a clicker, sup" but the sure-fire way to kill this argument is to just take a quick video of yourself raiding or pvping. I would find a video of a clicker winning in a 2k rated 3s match or a clicker doing respectable damage on a fight like Garrosh far more stimulating than a lot of wow videos I've seen lately. Please satiate my need!

  12. #132
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    If you can't prove that with logs, why should we trust your word?
    There is NO way to do every fight mechanism, switch for interrupting while NOT loosing ANY dps. You can forget about ranking top 200 at all.

    For example - try jumping, turning 180, disengage, turn 180 back and keep running forward.. while NOT loosing ANY dps. Simple example.
    Hundreds of such examples are out there.

    If your Raid leader allows you to sit back and tunnel boss, i am not impressed at all about someone doing "relatively successful".
    As a RL, i would never allow 100% clicker to hold us back - and i am not talking about clicking some cds/potions.
    We're talking more top 10 than top 200, my gear is falling behind pretty dire this patch (only SoO piece is a flex wep, by OH is a ToT norm wep, still got RPPM trinket etc.) so ranking probably won't happen for a while, but last patch I ranked 200-40 all the time. When I was hardcore (icc/early 4.0), I even got some top 10 ranks as a dirty clicker who did interrupts and took on responsibility roles. The dps gained is so minor I imagine most people here lose more dps due sub-optimal movement than clicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  13. #133
    Pit Lord Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Straya Karnt
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Lol handicap, I could say the same thing about keyboarders. You have to remember every keybind to 60+ buttons. Yeah GL with that. I have seen friends in action pvping and raiding where I see them not use a certain skill they have to grab the mouse to click it because they forgot the keyblind to said skill. I promise I can click any 2nd bar + item or skill faster than you can with a two button push. Sounds like keyboards only is the handicap.
    They're not doing it right.

  14. #134
    The Patient Dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    230
    I use keybinds for healing and dps, but I just can't figure out how to make it work when tanking. There is nothing more awkward than strafing and pressing other buttons for me. At the same time tanking is the easiest to click of the three roles, as you always know where the mobs are. I still bind hands (pally), interrupt, taunt, and target switching with the use of mouse buttons. I've managed to bind more for tanking as time goes on, but I'll never see myself with 100% keybinds as a tank. As a mdps you can easily miss a ton of GCDs throughout a boss encounter, but for tanking? Usually none.

  15. #135
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why over-complicate your life with remembering which key does what?

    I've always clicked and I've been relatively successful (when I played).
    I know right! Instead you over-complicate your life by looking at your bar, drag your mouse to it while not being able to quickly turn your character around when needed and click it as soon as you can, while keybinders do not have to look at their bars, can see what's happening around them, move accordingly and respond accordingly in a fraction of a second.

    Keybinding is something nearly everybody can do that makes you literally 10x a better player.

    These threads always come up, with the exact same responses that keybinding is in FACT better than clicking, no matter how you look at it. And if you click, you are making it harder on yourself, and possibly on those around you.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanfallah View Post
    To make it short and clear: It's not important if you click or use keys, just find your personal and most effective way to deal with any situation and be good at it!!!
    Try to kill Hexos while clicking + keyboard turning and tell me that it is just as good as keybinding + mouse turning if it feels better personally.

  17. #137
    Old God Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    10,026
    I'm not a clicker, although I heal using VuhDo, so I am clicking Raid Frames.

    This argument always get brought up, and people should do whatever they find comfortable, but I've never known someone who clicks their abilities, to out-perform their keybinding peers.

  18. #138
    I'm trying to think of skills I click on my Resto Druid... Only one that comes to mind is my rez, because outside of arenas I'll never be in a situation where 1-2 seconds will matter on that skill. I can't think of any other skills I click though. I usually target off the Blizzard raid frames in PvE, but I've never had that cause any problems. And other than that I can't really think of anything at all that I click on my screen.

  19. #139
    Old God Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    10,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why over-complicate your life with remembering which key does what?
    Because it becomes natural after a few hours of gameplay. No matter what character I am on, I always try to press 'F' to self-heal (Expel Harm on my Monk).

  20. #140
    feels silly to play while shooting yourself in the foot to me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •