Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    The game is perfectly visible and clear with standard bars, this is all just the new age macintosh generation talking, with its fad about being clean and pure and minimalistic.

Honestly I'm looking at some bars and don't even understand how people manage their abilities, all I see are 2-3 empty bars which don't appear to be doing anything, and the rest of the screen is completely empty of any useful information, just for the sake of being "clean".

I'm not a clicker but I've never had a problem with standard bars and frames.
    You act like there's something wrong with clean minimalism
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Used the default Blizzard UI since I started playing back in 2005/4, can not get used to any other UI in WoW but I do have 90-100% of my abilities as a keybind with macros depending on the class and role I am doing.

For instance I'm playing a Hunter right now, all my abilities have been set up as a keybind with macros for mouseover plus anything else I need in the macro, I find it very handy to just spam my mouse over a aoe pack while holding shift and spamming 3 for multi shot. But the one thing I tend not to use is focus target as I don't pvp that much, so having mouse over macros helps in that regard.

I use ALT + L for Lightning bolt and mouseclick Bloodlust. I got like 26+ keybinds and would never have been able to perform well without keybinds.

Elvui is one of my fav UImods(which is a lot) along with Weakauras.

Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    Seniority doesn't mean shit in most MMO's, so this whole (i've been playing since BC and i click" doesn't make you a better player than someone who started playing in cataclysm and uses key binds. Clickers tend to be the baddies, while key binders typically are a lot more illusive and able to play the game more efficiently. In some rare cases, yes clickers can get away with some good performance, but overall at some point it will hinder your ability to push your skill to a whole new level. That's my two cents.
    Thing is, when I heal/range dps I go 90% keybinding, I don't click anything but major cds. However I cannot even bare the thought of not clicking when playing melee dps/tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    "Successful" is a pretty relative term in this thread. We play an MMO, a game where most of the prestige (aka success) is defined by either your guild GROUP or your arena TEAM.
    Nope, success and prestige aren't related.

Success is - do the bosses die?

Prestige is - did you kill the bosse faster than other guilds?

Can you kill everything in wow while clicking? Yep.

Is keybinding better? Of course. Though it's overblown - people mentioning reaction times in pve are simply doing it wrong, in pve there shouldn't be any reaction time because you should be following a plan. Yeah, on progression or racing for server/world first there will be a difference. An irrelevent to most people who play so who gives a fuck difference. Theres also bags of time to spam your abilities if you click - keybinding mostly allows you to spam a button over and over and the game won't register that anyway.
    To answer the thread's question, I am sure there are people out there who are downing heroic SoO bosses who click with the standard UI. However, there is a good chance they are getting carried in some way, shape, or form by their guild/arena team, because someone in the exact same gear and exact same knowledge of fights/class/mechanics who actually uses keybinds is going to be a better player 99.99% of the time.
    They will also be getting carried by that guy in the raid who got a good nights sleep.
    If you took a poll of all the tops guilds in the world and all the rank 1 arena players, I think extremely few of them would be clicking much at all, and almost none of them would be a "clicker" (someone who clicks basically everything).
    And such people are irrelevent to this. The question is can you kill HC raid bosses while clicking. The answer is yes, ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why over-complicate your life with remembering which key does what?

I've always clicked and I've been relatively successful (when I played).
    If you can't prove that with logs, why should we trust your word?
    There is NO way to do every fight mechanism, switch for interrupting while NOT loosing ANY dps. You can forget about ranking top 200 at all.

For example - try jumping, turning 180, disengage, turn 180 back and keep running forward.. while NOT loosing ANY dps. Simple example.
    Hundreds of such examples are out there.

If your Raid leader allows you to sit back and tunnel boss, i am not impressed at all about someone doing "relatively successful".
    As a RL, i would never allow 100% clicker to hold us back - and i am not talking about clicking some cds/potions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    There is NO way to do every fight mechanism, switch for interrupting while NOT loosing ANY dps. You can forget about ranking top 200 at all.

For example - try jumping, turning 180, disengage, turn 180 back and keep running forward.. while NOT loosing ANY dps. Simple example.

If your Raid leader allows you to sit back and tunnel boss, i am not impressed at all about someone doing "relatively successful".
    As a RL, i would never allow 100% clicker to hold us back - and i am not talking about clicking some cds/potions.
    top 200 lol.

No one cares and it doesn't matter. Bosses will still die if you click. Bosses will still die if you do merely half decent clicky dps. They don't require you to be the best in the universe, though it helps quite a bit if you are in the tedious and mostly irrelevent "race."

May I ask fellow tanks, how do you target adds effeciently? Obviously you don't click them and then taunt, but pressing TAB doesn't always targets the correct add. Surely there is a solution I am missing.

Are there any videos of a clicker doing (current) high-end raiding or pvp? Some of you claim to do fairly decent, and although I'm a bit skeptical, I'll take your word for it.

If at all possible though, I think it'd be a fairly enlightening if one of you guys could make a video. Something like 1800+ arena, 2000+ RBG, normal Garrosh (or even an HC boss!)

I think most of us keybinders started out as clickers and understand a lot of the pitfalls (or at least perceived pitfalls) that clicking has. Clicking between buttons, missing GCDs, clicking the wrong thing, clicking outside a button while moving and unexpectedly moving your camera. I'm sure with practice it's possible to minimize those type of things, but I'd love to see that type of control. I'd be very impressed.

Again: I'm not asking for gladiator-level pvp or bleeding edge raiding, but I'd honestly find it fascinating to watch a clicker hard at work in "hard" content. Anyone can link a log and say "I'm a clicker, sup" but the sure-fire way to kill this argument is to just take a quick video of yourself raiding or pvping. I would find a video of a clicker winning in a 2k rated 3s match or a clicker doing respectable damage on a fight like Garrosh far more stimulating than a lot of wow videos I've seen lately. Please satiate my need!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post

We're talking more top 10 than top 200, my gear is falling behind pretty dire this patch (only SoO piece is a flex wep, by OH is a ToT norm wep, still got RPPM trinket etc.) so ranking probably won't happen for a while, but last patch I ranked 200-40 all the time. When I was hardcore (icc/early 4.0), I even got some top 10 ranks as a dirty clicker who did interrupts and took on responsibility roles. The dps gained is so minor I imagine most people here lose more dps due sub-optimal movement than clicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Lol handicap, I could say the same thing about keyboarders. You have to remember every keybind to 60+ buttons. Yeah GL with that. I have seen friends in action pvping and raiding where I see them not use a certain skill they have to grab the mouse to click it because they forgot the keyblind to said skill. I promise I can click any 2nd bar + item or skill faster than you can with a two button push. Sounds like keyboards only is the handicap.
    They're not doing it right.

I use keybinds for healing and dps, but I just can't figure out how to make it work when tanking. There is nothing more awkward than strafing and pressing other buttons for me. At the same time tanking is the easiest to click of the three roles, as you always know where the mobs are. I still bind hands (pally), interrupt, taunt, and target switching with the use of mouse buttons. I've managed to bind more for tanking as time goes on, but I'll never see myself with 100% keybinds as a tank. As a mdps you can easily miss a ton of GCDs throughout a boss encounter, but for tanking? Usually none.

10+ Year Old Account

I've always clicked and I've been relatively successful (when I played).
    I know right! Instead you over-complicate your life by looking at your bar, drag your mouse to it while not being able to quickly turn your character around when needed and click it as soon as you can, while keybinders do not have to look at their bars, can see what's happening around them, move accordingly and respond accordingly in a fraction of a second.

Keybinding is something nearly everybody can do that makes you literally 10x a better player.

These threads always come up, with the exact same responses that keybinding is in FACT better than clicking, no matter how you look at it. And if you click, you are making it harder on yourself, and possibly on those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanfallah View Post
    To make it short and clear: It's not important if you click or use keys, just find your personal and most effective way to deal with any situation and be good at it!!!
    Try to kill Hexos while clicking + keyboard turning and tell me that it is just as good as keybinding + mouse turning if it feels better personally.

I'm not a clicker, although I heal using VuhDo, so I am clicking Raid Frames.

This argument always get brought up, and people should do whatever they find comfortable, but I've never known someone who clicks their abilities, to out-perform their keybinding peers.

I'm trying to think of skills I click on my Resto Druid... Only one that comes to mind is my rez, because outside of arenas I'll never be in a situation where 1-2 seconds will matter on that skill. I can't think of any other skills I click though. I usually target off the Blizzard raid frames in PvE, but I've never had that cause any problems. And other than that I can't really think of anything at all that I click on my screen.

Because it becomes natural after a few hours of gameplay. No matter what character I am on, I always try to press 'F' to self-heal (Expel Harm on my Monk).

Deleted
    feels silly to play while shooting yourself in the foot to me

Im Prot Warrior since Vanilla, and I click since Vanilla. AQ, Naxx, BT, Sunwell, Malygos as one of server first kills, Heroic DS as DPS Warr than Tank, hc Sha of Fear, hc ToT and now SoO. Im clicking my main abilities and got bind interrupts, taunt, cd's. Works so well I would not even think about changing to key binds. On the other hand when im on my Mage I cannot imagine playing with clicking, keybinded everything.

So dont judge people who do either way. If theire performance is good why tell someone how should he or she play.

I clicked in ICC on my DK and was constantly 1 or 2nd dps in our 10 man, good times.

Then I got a Naga in Cata and was constantly 1 or 2nd dps on my rogue, only difference I really noticed was I didn't had to look down to my actionbars 24/7 to see if I clicked on the right thing, can't really say it gave me newly drilled superraiding powers though.