Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    I main as a Hunter and on dark shamans, if I've found myself on the wrong side of a badly placed wall, it's not unusual for me to use engi belt, run, jump, turn 180, hit disengage & deterrence, turn 180, land & continue running. This wouldn't be possible with clicking. There are many more examples that could be given.
    This is a good example to why you should keybind, but I hope you turn with your mouse and strafe instead of just turning 180 on our keys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    One thing I have found that helps is using the same keybind across different characters for similar abilities e.g. On all my characters, an interrupt ability is on one of my mouse thumb buttons, damage reduction ability (e.g. Deterrence, Shield Wall) on Shift-T, Burst of speed (Worgen racial sprint, heroic leap, PW:S (talented for speed boost) on Shift-E.

It is absolutely true what others say that setting keybinds will take maybe 30 mins to an hour to get used to when you have to remind yourself what the keybind was but eventually it'll become 2nd nature and you'll be glad you did it.

Yes, this!

And oh how my life changed after healing with healbot and when I realized that binding stuff is pretty much the same thing I mean, I was a clicker for a long time (also I used "arrows" to move instead of wasd... No idea why) but still had all my healing spells binded on healbot (mouse + ctrl + alt and so on). I do still click some of my abilities like majour cooldowns and such.
    It was really easy to change away from clicking plus it made everything so much easier, for example interupts, I have no idea how you can be "fast enough" when you click it instead of using a bind.

Also yeah, I use elvui, never really been into standard blizzard UI. But after all, everyone should move things around a bit, try different UI's, see what's best for you.

And clickers; just try using keybinds for a couple of days, really learn how to use em and if you don't like it or if it doesn't improve your gameplay in any way.. well, then just go back to being a clicker But it's worth to try it out.

I use default UI and click 3min cds, rest is binded. dont think im alone doing that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Just keeping your HPS/DPS rotation if you are standing in one spot the whole fight is no problem but if you have to do the fight mechanics while you do what you are suppose to do, you will have a problem if you are clicking buttons.
    mate, ive been clicking for 7 years as a healer with the inclusion of an alliance 1st icc & nearly always come out on top on the meters. you simply adjust to raid mechanics as a clicker. i can also heal on the run, so thats not a problem either.

Deleted
    Clicking is major fail in PvE and PvP and that's a fact.

You can only be allowed clicking if you are a midget IRL otherwise, l2p imo!

You can easily press 1-6 and the whole part from QAZ up till the TGB line on your keyboard(even combined with the SHIFT KEY) , also you can set minimum 4 abilities to your mouse(side buttons + sidebuttons in combination with SHIFT)

Clicking and keybinding are just different ways of playing, one is not better than the other, its the player thats using them. I click in PvP 3s and rbgs and I have hit over 2k. But then again Ive been clicking for 4 years. Its not how you play, but who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    Some advice for clickers wanting to try key binding:

1. Recognize you don't have to key everything. Many will tell you to but if you use an ability once or less on a standard 7 min then dont worry. Also buffs don't need to key bound for same reason.

2. Keybind one spell a week, starting with the "filler" spell you use the most. Ele sham key lightbolt, fire Mage key fireball, holy play do holy light. Work your way up the priority list every week until all your basic rotation is key bound. Don't feel pressure to do to many at once.

3. Keep binding until you find a balance that feels good. This will probably be 4-6 abilities and an interrupt.

BONUS: get a mouse with 2 side buttons. These end up being very very easy to use because chances are your thumb on mouse was not doing anything. My advice; one should be an interrupt and one should be a dispel/ spell you use conditionally ( pyroblasts when it is instant or earth shock at 7 stacks )
    This is actually very solid advice if you want to start using keybindings but are overwhelmed with the options you have.

Cheers for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dubadudu View Post
    Clicking is major fail in PvE and PvP and that's a fact.

You can only be allowed clicking if you are a midget IRL otherwise, l2p imo!

You can easily press 1-6 and the whole part from QAZ up till the TGB line on your keyboard(even combined with the SHIFT KEY) , also you can set minimum 4 abilities to your mouse(side buttons + sidebuttons in combination with SHIFT)
    Don't misuse Fact for your personal opinion.
    Clicking is perfectly fine, and i`m not saying bindings suck. but clicking is not bad if you know what you are doing.
    Key binding however can be an increase in performance without a doubt, but that does not mean the others option is bad per say.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Clicking and keybinding are just different ways of playing, one is not better than the other, its the player thats using them. I click in PvP 3s and rbgs and I have hit over 2k. But then again Ive been clicking for 4 years. Its not how you play, but who you are.
    You are wrong, clicking will never be better than keybinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    On Ji-Kun HC I used to take 4-5 stacks as DK rather easily while our Prot Warr (who's not a clicker, and a very good player) was getting huge spikes and couldn't take more than 2 or 3 at most. I also contribute quite a bit of dps (less than before due to vengence nerf, but still on the top 5 mostly on our 10m group). I never missed using a cd on time, that has never been the issue for me. The issue for me remains simple - spread targeting/taunting on big AoE fights (Horridon is still the best example).
    Not saying you can't get your AM on a fight like JiKun right as a clicker, but I was arguing the point that the poster I quoted made, "the buttons tanks press don't really matter as long as you have threat".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    You are wrong, clicking will never be better than keybinding.
    He said the most importatn factor is the player.

He's right.

If you are shite with a keyboard and have fat fingers most of the time but are good with a mouse and never miss with a mouse, keybinding will suck for you. on average keybinding will see minimal ro large improvements over clicking, and the theoretical maximum of keybinding is higher than clicking. but he said the key factor is the actual player.

So you are correcting him based on something not in fact said. Very poor form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Not saying you can't get your AM on a fight like JiKun right as a clicker, but I was arguing the point that the poster I quoted made, "the buttons tanks press don't really matter as long as you have threat".
    Which isn't what i said. I said that of all the classes, tanks can most afford to miss the odd button, as long as they keep threat.

Yes they have active mitigation and yes it helps a lot, but as long as they do the minimum required AM and keep threat, not being captain spamworthy isn't going to make much of a difference to anything.

All these discussion go the same way every time. Some people who actually play the game says "ye I do fine while clicking, it's no biggie" and then the theory boys come in and try and measure everything against some imagined maximum output which was never asked about in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Which isn't what i said. I said that of all the classes, tanks can most afford to miss the odd button, as long as they keep threat.

Yes they have active mitigation and yes it helps a lot, but as long as they do the minimum required AM and keep threat, not being captain spamworthy isn't going to make much of a difference to anything.
    Tanks missing the odd button is what will kill you in AM situations though, especially when you're doing the fights at the appropriate gear level. Sure I can keep up my shuffle to provide the base mitigation, but it's a well timed Guard that will soak that telegraphed potential one shot that I'm about to be hit by.

But on topic, pro-binders have the right to say "it is theoretically better" or "you'll up your game by changing, I did it too" and pro-clickers have the right to say "but I don't care about a theoretical difference" or "I just want to play this way". End of story. EDIT: It obviously gets complicated in group play, but clicking vs. keybinding is only one of the many aspects of your playstyle that a raid leader may attempt to control.
    Last edited by Radio; 2013-10-09 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    cut
    Proud clicker, here, playing with standard UI. Did heroic bosses without problems on my ele shaman.
    Did the same during Vanilla/TBC when tanking with my warrior, and in SWTOR with my Jedi Guardian tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Destruction warlock in my raid is a 100% clicker, like he clicks every single spell on his screen from the cast bar. He does good dps still, but on heroic progression he definitely dies the most to mechanics and is definitely not someone we'd put in charge of handling an important mechanic. However, he's still good, really knows destruction and is consistently above 250k for single target fights and above 350-400k on heavy aoe fights like garrosh (500 to as much as 800k on the pull). I'd imagine he'd be incredible though if he played with keybinds instead, but he tried and didn't like it and said he played worse.
    Give him razer naga
    I was clicker since start of the game well using several butons but still was clicker in major.I buy Razer Naga last year and i just reborn so far i have no problems in movement fights mine DPS dint fall when i have to move and i can react more faster and most important if mine mouse get broken i have to stop playing till get new one coz now i cant use click anymore

After a certain point you have to recognize, as a keybinder, that certain people will just never change and don't care to change, to a playstyle you know is far superior. Just give it up. There is no argument that will win with them because they are doing just good enough to satisfy their own expectations. I could 100% guarantee you for any clicker here, if I could smash into your brain the memory of all your frequently used abilities, bound, like in the Matrix when Trinity instantly learns how to pilot a helicopter, and asked you "which is better", you'd vehemently agree that binding is so much better. But, I can't do that, and you aren't willing to learn, so, /igiveup.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Use to click a lot, Now everything is bound to my multi-button mouse. Basic wow ui still, not sure how to bind more than 10 moves though >_> but its all I really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    After a certain point you have to recognize, as a keybinder, that certain people will just never change and don't care to change, to a playstyle you know is far superior. Just give it up. There is no argument that will win with them because they are doing just good enough to satisfy their own expectations. I could 100% guarantee you for any clicker here, if I could smash into your brain the memory of all your frequently used abilities, bound, like in the Matrix when Trinity instantly learns how to pilot a helicopter, and asked you "which is better", you'd vehemently agree that binding is so much better. But, I can't do that, and you aren't willing to learn, so, /igiveup.
    I feel sorry for your entire guild if you go around talking to them like this. Do you guys have a go at people who use the mouse with their left hand too? Because it inferior to the almighty right hand of godliness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    im a tank clicker
    ive tried to keybind but i hated it and its harder to keybund wuth joint pain in my left hand+fingers and i could never use a mouse with more then 4-5 buttons
    Last edited by Senedra; 2013-10-09 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Use to click a lot, Now everything is bound to my multi-button mouse. Basic wow ui still, not sure how to bind more than 10 moves though >_> but its all I really need.
    What are you using your keyboard keys for? So many possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I feel sorry for your entire guild if you go around talking to them like this. Do you guys have a go at people who use the mouse with their left hand too? Because it inferior to the almighty right hand of godliness?
    I'm a heroic progression raider... so, I don't talk to them like this, because they wouldn't be able to compete and they would be dying to random things due to not being able to react fast enough - or they'd survive just fine but their damage would drop to nothing because they had to mouse turn, and they simply wouldn't make it through the trial period. If they don't make it, they don't make it, I don't chastise them about being a clicker - they just didn't make it. I was a clicker in early WoW too, so I've experienced both quite well. It's simply mechanically impossible to play as well, react as fast, etc. as a clicker versus a keybinder. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's reality. It's simply not possible to click your abilities and play at your best, end of story. Left and right handedness has absolutely nothing to do with anything here whatsoever.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I'm a heroic progression raider... so, I don't talk to them like this, because they wouldn't be able to compete and they would be dying to random things due to not being able to react fast enough - or they'd survive just fine but their damage would drop to nothing because they had to mouse turn, and they simply wouldn't make it through the trial period. If they don't make it, they don't make it, I don't chastise them about being a clicker - they just didn't make it. I was a clicker in early WoW too, so I've experienced both quite well. It's simply mechanically impossible to play as well, react as fast, etc. as a clicker versus a keybinder. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's reality. It's simply not possible to click your abilities and play at your best, end of story. Left and right handedness has absolutely nothing to do with anything here whatsoever.
    But no one asked if you could play your best and do the content.

They asked if anyone is not "doing their best" in the form of clicking instead of keybinding and also successfully downing the bosses.

And lots of people are doing exactly that. you can clear the content just fine if you click. No worries, no muss and no fuss. Why you'd want to do the heroic raiding thing in the first place given how tedious it all gets is a bit of a mystery to me personally, but it's obvious that some people are just dandy raiding and clicking.

I'll also add again that if you are reacting in pve you are doing it wrong. There is a difference to the upside towards keybinding, absolutely no question but that difference is invariably massively overblown by posters in an attempt to prove their point.