Deleted

Can you get 4 lava bursts from one cast?

Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to get 4 total lava bursts from casting it once,

The first time you cast it, it is the normal cast. The 2nd one is from the mastery. If you are lucky and Echo of the elements procc that's 3 and now to my question. Can you get a 4th lava burst by proccing mastery from the echo procc? Or does mastery not procc from echo? The talent says it has a chance to duplicate the effect which would say to me that it can actually procc mastery.

Is there anyone who knows?

Deleted
    my guess is, you can't get 4 hit. But if Mastery didnt proc on your initial cast, it can work on duplicated spell (by echo). But still, the max you could get would be 3.

Deleted
    I tried shooting at dummies earlier, and the max amount of lava bursts I ever got was 3.

The multistrike trinket counts ?

Mastery proc and echo proc can only happen once per cast, but which happens first and happens to which spell is uncontrolled, so an echo can overload, or an overload can echo, but an overload from an echo cant echo again, same the other way around.

And yes, it is possible for the multistrike trinket to allow 6 bursts to happen from one attack. I would buy a lottery ticket if that happened though.

Edit: The multistrike effect is called toxic power or something like that, so no actually, the max would be 3 ever.
    Last edited by Krisshaman; 2013-10-07 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisshaman View Post
    Mastery proc and echo proc can only happen once per cast, but which happens first and happens to which spell is uncontrolled, so an echo can overload, or an overload can echo, but an overload from an echo cant echo again, same the other way around.

And yes, it is possible for the multistrike trinket to allow 6 bursts to happen from one attack. I would buy a lottery ticket if that happened though.

Edit: The multistrike effect is called toxic power or something like that, so no actually, the max would be 3 ever.
    The proc is called toxic power but on recount/skada and WOL the actual damaging ability will show up as Multistrike still.

Original cast can proc Echo and mastery.
    Mastery can proc Echo.
    Echo can proc Mastery.

So, in theory, you can get 5 LvB from one cast

1: Original Cast
    2: Echo
    3: Mastery
    4: Echo of Mastery
    5: Mastery of Echo

Deleted
    Mastery doesnt work with "echo - duplicated" cast of spells, instead it can proc individually from the mastery effect.

TLDR: 3x is the cap.