Question about a change in tactic for PvP post TCCY change

With the change to TCCY it made me wonder if a full stealth set-up will be worthwhile since they should be able to hang around in stealth simply moving about the place trying to keep as far out of reach so to take as little damage as possiable.

It would end up with:
    * Arena starts with you and the entire team in stealth
    * Run around the map keeping out the way while people spam their AoE breakers. Maybe Sap now and again for shits and giggles.
    * At 1% per 10 seconds it would mean that after 5 minutes of the debuff 30% of healing is lost.
    * Pop cooldowns and all 3 leap on the healer while the others are Sapped/Stunned
    * Once healer is down re-stealth and open on a DpS and go for the win

Now I'm no PvP expert but this should really make most teams devolve into a stealth v anti-stealth race.

Am I missing something?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say its near impossible to stay in stealth for that long. Some classes are rather unpredictable with their AoE, you won't be able to avoid that forever, one of you will get caught sooner or later.
    Aside from that, good luck dealing with shadow sight. Unless the other team is completely retarded, they should be able to take at least 1 of the orbs and proceed to unstealth everyone within a few seconds.

Ah I never really PvP'ed on a Stealth character and usually just jump on healers so to be hoenst I had no idea.

Do they spawn more than once? Also couldn't you steal both and shadowstep a friend and vanish while taking your own one too?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Only two classes have perm stealth, hunter's kinda have one, but it lasts a minute and the CD is a minute.... any lag can show the other team where you are. But like Nicola said, even if you can't find the stealthy, if you and your teammates stand on the Shadow Sight gem you'll get the gem and see everyone.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Ah I never really PvP'ed on a Stealth character and usually just jump on healers so to be hoenst I had no idea.

Do they spawn more than once? Also couldn't you steal both and shadowstep a friend and vanish while taking your own one too?
    They spawn every 90 seconds and while it's possible to steal both, it's pretty easy to use some AoE on top of them to prevent someone in stealth from taking them without blowing cooldowns.

Not to mention that even if your whole team somehow manages to stay in stealth for 15 minutes, there is still a fair chance that your all in is going to fail because of the other team having every single cooldown available.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-10-11 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    With the change to TCCY it made me wonder if a full stealth set-up will be worthwhile since they should be able to hang around in stealth simply moving about the place trying to keep as far out of reach so to take as little damage as possiable.

It would end up with:
    * Arena starts with you and the entire team in stealth
    * Run around the map keeping out the way while people spam their AoE breakers. Maybe Sap now and again for shits and giggles.
    * At 1% per 10 seconds it would mean that after 5 minutes of the debuff 30% of healing is lost.
    * Pop cooldowns and all 3 leap on the healer while the others are Sapped/Stunned
    * Once healer is down re-stealth and open on a DpS and go for the win

Now I'm no PvP expert but this should really make most teams devolve into a stealth v anti-stealth race.

Am I missing something?
    no its dont work. Even you somehow manage last 15 min before someone find you everyone got cds up and full mana. So there is really big change that your opener fails. Its only healing reduction . Many healers can counter that they just oom fast. But they still can heal that 1 brust. I think this buff will be hard to abuse because in 10 minute happens so many things that if you try just play for buff its probably gonna fail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    I'd say its near impossible to stay in stealth for that long. Some classes are rather unpredictable with their AoE, you won't be able to avoid that forever, one of you will get caught sooner or later.
    Aside from that, good luck dealing with shadow sight. Unless the other team is completely retarded, they should be able to take at least 1 of the orbs and proceed to unstealth everyone within a few seconds.
    actually it isn't hard for stealthers to stay stealthed... had a few 2s other day against 2 rogues, they sapped n slapped then both vanished for ages,,, they sapped n slapped again and restealthed again..... we just stood there in the middle of map dancing n stuff.. after 7-8 mins went they decided to go for the kill but we killed them haha.... fukked up mechanic. fukked up pvp. fukked up blizz aint got a clue...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    actually it isn't hard for stealthers to stay stealthed... had a few 2s other day against 2 rogues, they sapped n slapped then both vanished for ages,,, they sapped n slapped again and restealthed again..... we just stood there in the middle of map dancing n stuff.. after 7-8 mins went they decided to go for the kill but we killed them haha.... fukked up mechanic. fukked up pvp. fukked up blizz aint got a clue...
    Not sure what classes you play, but in my case playing as Double Warlock + Resto Druid, finding someone in stealth is not too hard with Rain of Fire spam everywhere.

Dampening doesn´t start in second one either (iirc ist tstarts after 10 minutes), so there ´s quite a lot you´re missing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Not sure what classes you play, but in my case playing as Double Warlock + Resto Druid, finding someone in stealth is not too hard with Rain of Fire spam everywhere.
    holy priest I play.. yea we coulda used mind sear n stuff to find em but we found it quote comical and left em to it to see what they were doing till we realised they were goin for the exploit ;p was fun just dancing in middle bein sap spammed lol. dickish rogues ;p