Quick question about a computer!

Hello, so I'm broke and my computer died. My friend just ordered me a ibuypower from amazon, the AM699 http://www.amazon.com/iBuyPower-GAME...buypower+AM699

Could someone please tell me what mother board is in this thing? Just want to know what I'm going to have to work with for when I want upgrades(gpu/cpu/ram/ect.)

That computer is pretty awful (mediocre CPU, outdated and weak video card), if your friend can cancel it, he should. You can do better for $600, especially if you're willing to build it yourself.

As for the motherboard: it's impossible to tell from the Amazon page, it's probably a safe bet that it's AM3+, but there's not much more we can gather.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-10-07 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't find any info on the board. It's most likely a rebranded thing for IBuyPower, however if it supports a 125w FX-4130, I imagine it'll support anything better as well (I.e. 125w FX-8350)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Yeah. I know it's not very good, but it will have to do. Should be fine tho my brother in law has this same computer, he OC the cpu and dropped a new gpu in it and it work fine. Plays wow@50+fps and streams@1080p+ for twitch

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you the replies tho =D

If your going to be using it for WoW, at least get a Intel-based build like this one > http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-G...1176092&sr=1-9

Plus it has a better PSU, 300w is pretty bare minimum and WoW likes Intel CPU's better. It has a B75 Mobo, which the best you can get in it would be a i5-3570k/i7-3770k, which are still damn good CPU's.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-10-07 at 08:12 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Yeah I agree intel is best, and def for wow. But he kinda had his mind set on this one before I could have a say so sadly =/

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    Yeah I agree intel is best, and def for wow. But he kinda had his mind set on this one before I could have a say so sadly =/
    Slap him and tell him he needs to get the intel as it is better for wow, and it has a better PSU and has better upgrade options available.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Slap him and tell him he needs to get the intel as it is better for wow, and it has a better PSU and has better upgrade options available.
    hahaha I would! But I had no say so in what I was getting, and didn't tell me that he had even got my a PC till it was to late. It will be here tomorrow, it's not to bad tho, at least compared to what I had.

hahaha I would! But I had no say so in what I was getting, and didn't tell me that he had even got my a PC till it was to late. It will be here tomorrow, it's not to bad tho, at least compared to what I had.
    Ahh well, work with what ya got :P

First thing ya should do is get a decent PSU(like this XFX) to replace that (most likely) firecracker that it comes with. Gives you some headroom for a GPU upgrade and maybe some overclocking to beef up the CPU.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-10-07 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Ahh well, work with what ya got :P

First thing ya should do is get a decent PSU(like this XFX) to replace that (most likely) firecracker that it comes with. Gives you some headroom for a GPU upgrade and maybe some overclocking to beef up the CPU.
    Yeah I have a 500w psu, had it for almost a year now and it's still working and haven't had a problem with it. It's not the best but it will do. Also it has every connector that anyone would need for a gaming set-up.

But yeah I think I can do cross-fire with the cards that I have(not very good ones, but it should be better than just 1 card) the radeon hd 6670 1gb ddr3, I have 2 of them(or will, the computer comes with one and I have one in my old PC).

Other than that if the mobo is good I'll probably buy a 8core AMD at some point or if the mobo isn't all that great I might upgrade to intel mobo and get an i7

Yeah I have a 500w psu, had it for almost a year now and it's still working and haven't had a problem with it. It's not the best but it will do. Also it has every connector that anyone would need for a gaming set-up.

But yeah I think I can do cross-fire with the cards that I have(not very good ones, but it should be better than just 1 card) the radeon hd 6670 1gb ddr3, I have 2 of them(or will, the computer comes with one and I have one in my old PC).

Other than that if the mobo is good I'll probably buy a 8core AMD at some point or if the mobo isn't all that great I might upgrade to intel mobo and get an i7
    Sounds like a plan, good luck and hope it works out for ya.

Plus it has a better he needs to get the intel as it is better for now, and it has a better PSU and has better upgrade options available.
    it has Biostar motherboard a better .

Quote Originally Posted by yeshgutam View Post
    Plus it has a better he needs to get the intel as it is better for now, and it has a better PSU and has better upgrade options available.
    it has Biostar motherboard a better .
    I'm sorry, but what?

ot: Read the thread, it is already purchased for them and they cannot do anything about it. They may upgrade after they get it, but they have to wait until they get it to see what it has in it.