D3's Barbarian Origin, Update on Lag in Public EU Games, Blue Posts
Blue Posts - NA & EU Beta Wave, Arena Gold Bug Resolution; Closed Beta Known Issues
WoW Source: Patch 5.4 Developer Round Table
Blizzard released a video that gives an overview of Patch 5.4 and then answers some of your questions.
- Over 50% of Flex Raids last week had 2 or more raid sizes, so people are really making use of the flexible size feature.
- Roughly the same amount of people did a flex raid last week as the number that did scenarios.
- The Timeless Isle is somewhat of a template for endgame world content going forward. There might be some more structure in the future, but the general style of content that avoids pure daily quests worked well.
- Adding things in the world to discover while leveling will also be a goal moving forward.
- As far as storage space goes, choosing what to keep is part of the gameplay. No matter how much bag space players are given, it will always end up being full.
- Heirlooms are taking up a lot of space, so a centralized storage like the one used for pets and mounts is being worked on. The toy items added in Mists of Pandaria also take up a lot of space, so a similar solution for that would also be ideal.
- Siege of Orgrimmar is one of the more melee friendly raid zones that have been added recently. The devs are looking for things melee players can excel at or perks they can have without taking tools away from ranged players.
- The Gnome race didn't exist when the original WoW cinematic was being worked on, which is why they didn't appear in it. There hasn't been a good opportunity to showcase gnomes in a cinematic since then.
- Patch 5.4.1 will add a new Refer a Friend system. The whole process will be moved in game, rather than requiring you to visit the site in your browser. The system will give you a token which you can redeem for the new mount, one of the other mounts, or a pet.
- Blizzcon will have "an exciting glimpse into the future of WoW", as well as a live raid.
Patch 5.4 Hotfixes: October 7
Rated Battleground Ratings Adjustments
The Crowd Chose You Buff
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Some more Fan Art for the Tribute book!