very low fps since mop

Hello everyone:

I recently came back to play wow and the fps I'm getting are horrible, almost impossible to raid the lfr, can't imagine myself in a real raid with such low fps. Back in cata I used to raid in a 25 man with no fps problems at all. I have a mackbook 13-inch with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, 8 gb of ram 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo; I used to play in fair graphics but now even in the lowest i get terrible fps. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    and how low is this "low" fps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, the most obvious answer is "Get a better computer". LFR is particularly CPU intensive, and you're playing on a 5 year old laptop. Really all you can do is turn your settings all down (especially shadows and the like) and hope for the best.

It might be worthwhile checking to make sure it's using the nvidia card, and not the intel, as they are switchable I believe.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

thanks for the quick replies

The fps goes lower than 10 in lfr, and in crowed cities at around 10-15

Deleted
    As things have get better in wow requirements have gone up but you can try looking at the following

Check all your drivers are upto date
    Minimise the number of addons
    Shut down what background tasks you can
    Make sure your hard disks aren't fragmented and has space free
    Play round with gfx settings in game to see which settings you can change without impacting quality

10+ Year Old Account
    My desktop is similar to your laptop, core 2 duo and 8gigs, the gfx is AMD some old one (7years and it wasn't top end then). I run around 40FPS in raids, on medium.
    In some cases increasing quality can give you better results. I would suggest setting all to max and then try turning off one thing at a time.
    My old laptop with core 2 and 2gigs of ram runs wow at 15ish on lowest D:
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Get a new rig, or custom build one. I find building my own machine strangely satisfying.

Its a problem with spell effects in MoP you can read on the front page of mmochamp a link from blizz forums on how they are trying to address it. I have a really good PC and i drop down to 25 fps on celestials (just ran it and checked). Wait til after blizz makes the improvements and see if that helps.