Empowered Touch of Y'shaarj question

Can anyone absolutely confirm that Empowered Mind Controlled player casts are silenceable? I know they are interruptible, and immune to other crowd controls... again the empowered version (phase 3), not the mind controls in phase 2.

but does Arcane Torrent or Ring of Peace stop their casts? Thanks!

Tried, they are immune to silence. However, silence-type spells (RoP, Solar Beam, SP's Silence) will still have their interrupt effect working, so you can use RoP / Solar Beam as AoE interrupt (don't know about Arcane Torrent).

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Tried, they are immune to silence. However, silence-type spells (RoP, Solar Beam, SP's Silence) will still have their interrupt effect working, so you can use RoP / Solar Beam as AoE interrupt (don't know about Arcane Torrent).
    I am wondering on the list of abilities that works on the empowered MCs also. Hopefully they are nuked fast enough it's a non issue, but in case we need it. Shadow priest silence did not work when I tried it. This seems to come up every once in awhile where my PvE definition of interrupt is different than the PvP/Blizz idea of interrupt. I understand that rebuke, kick, and wind shear work, and loss of controls do not like stuns and fears, but are there others I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I am wondering on the list of abilities that works on the empowered MCs also. Hopefully they are nuked fast enough it's a non issue, but in case we need it. Shadow priest silence did not work when I tried it. This seems to come up every once in awhile where my PvE definition of interrupt is different than the PvP/Blizz idea of interrupt. I understand that rebuke, kick, and wind shear work, and loss of controls do not like stuns and fears, but are there others I'm missing?
    Shadow priest interrupt works, only the interrupt portion though, not the silence.

It's basically what you think. Only interrupts work. Any other form of CC (including silences) do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what everyone else said. Spear Hand Strike from the front doesn't apply a silence.

Are you sure solar beam works? I was told by many that i wouldn't work, I didn't personally check though.

RoP is a personal favorite, mainly because i get to hear the melee whine about a 4 second disarm
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Are you sure solar beam works? I was told by many that i wouldn't work, I didn't personally check though.
    Solar Beam still work as an AoE interrupt. Its silence effect no longer works for Empowered MC, though. Pretty much similar to SP's silence, just that it's an AoE.

High powered bolt gun for engineers works too, and is a small radius AOE ranged interrupt. It's on the GCD though and gets put on a 15? sec cd when you use synapse springs, so it can be a bit annoying to use. Still very useful in a pinch.