Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I decided to expand upon this with a fairly extensive simulationcraft study.
    There are still many problems with SimC and blade flurry.

First (and biggest): Eviscerate is not triggering Blade flurry. It makes this whole exercise pointless right now.

Second: Blade flurry is toggled on and off repeatedly with the current action list. Change it to this...
    actions+=/blade_flurry,if=(active_enemies>=2&!buff.blade_flurry.up)|(active_enemies<2&buff.blade_flu rry.up)

Third: Rupture is used when BF is active. Change the rupture line to this...
    actions.finisher=rupture,if=ticks_remain<2&target.time_to_die>=26&(active_enemies<2|!buff. blade_flurry.up)

Fourth: There is a Restless Blades bug somewhere even after they fixed it for CT. Either in Eviscerate or Crimson Tempest. If you replace Evisc with CT in your action list, your adrenaline rush uptime will increase significantly even though it costs the same amount of energy and provides the same cooldown reduction. So either CT is triggering too much restless blades or Eviscerate isn't triggering enough.

5th: CT on your primary target is triggering blade flurry. I don't know if it's supposed to or not.

All those things make SimC no good right now for trying to compare CT to Eviscerate with multiple targets.
    Last edited by phup; 2013-10-10 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navv View Post
    Crimson Tempest actually was not triggering restless blades either. I have fixed both issues (poisons on initial DD, restless blades) in the svn, they will be in the next release.
    I had checked out the svn as of a few minutes prior to my post and at that point CT triggered RB but not poisons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phup View Post
    There are still many problems with SimC and blade flurry.

First (and biggest): Eviscerate is not triggering Blade flurry. It makes this whole exercise pointless right now.

Second: Blade flurry is toggled on and off repeatedly with the current action list. Change it to this...
    actions+=/blade_flurry,if=(active_enemies>=2&!buff.blade_flurry.up)|(active_enemies<2&buff.blade_flu rry.up)

Third: Rupture is used when BF is active. Change the rupture line to this...
    actions.finisher=rupture,if=ticks_remain<2&target.time_to_die>=26&(active_enemies<2|!buff. blade_flurry.up)

Fourth: There is a Restless Blades bug somewhere even after they fixed it for CT. Either in Eviscerate or Crimson Tempest. If you replace Evisc with CT in your action list, your adrenaline rush uptime will increase significantly even though it costs the same amount of energy and provides the same cooldown reduction. So either CT is triggering too much restless blades or Eviscerate isn't triggering enough.

5th: CT on your primary target is triggering blade flurry. I don't know if it's supposed to or not.

All those things make SimC no good right now for trying to compare CT to Eviscerate with multiple targets.

Good catch on the blade flurry. Toggle abilities are relatively uncommon in the game and I had forgotten that. That's what I get for doing this stuff at 1am after raiding for 3 hours.

Those things are easily fixed and I am working on it right now.

That said, eviscerate appears to be triggering blade flurry in the build I am doing, as evidenced by this:
    hit 5987.92 99.96% 36241.81 5090 293538

And I am not seeing the difference you are in the build I'm using in terms of AR uptime when replacing evis with CT.

This maximum blade flurry hit of 293,538 corresponds to a triggering hit of 733,845, which is in the damage range of a peak eviscerate (and well out of the damage range of any other triggering attack).

Incidentally looking at this output I found a couple other bugs in simc's code
    1: blade flurry can not be dodged or parried (I was seeing dodges in simc's output).
    2: based on my testing in game, blade flurry is affected by armor but copies the pre-mitigation damage. It's easy to see by taking a low level dagger and noting the difference between sunder/non-sunder on secondary target (different target levels also demonstrate this armor mitigation effect). SimC's BF is ignoring armor entirely.

Results from in-game testing just now:
    Code:
    17:10:58> Shadowvenom's melee swing hits Training Dummy for 1 Physical.(1447 Overkill)
    17:10:59> Shadowvenom's Blade Flurry hits Training Dummy for 1 Physical.(564 Overkill)
    17:10:59> Shadowvenom's melee swing hits Training Dummy for 1 Physical.(1446 Overkill)
    17:11:00> Shadowvenom's Blade Flurry hits Training Dummy for 1 Physical.(564 Overkill)
    17:11:01> Shadowvenom's Weakened Armor dissipates from Training Dummy.
    17:11:01> Shadowvenom's melee swing hits Training Dummy for 1 Physical.(1414 Overkill)
    17:11:02> Shadowvenom's Blade Flurry hits Training Dummy for 1 Physical.(565 Overkill)
    17:11:02> Shadowvenom's melee swing hits Training Dummy for 1 Physical.(1415 Overkill)
    17:11:03> Shadowvenom's Blade Flurry hits Training Dummy for 1 Physical.(566 Overkill)

Before the debuff fell off you'd expect 1447*0.4 - 1448*0.4 = 578.8-579.2, so 1 damage wth 577-578 overkill, when it was hitting for 565-566 overkill. After debuff fell off it's 1415-1416*0.4 = 565-566 overkill, which we're seeing in both before and after.

You can see that as weakened armor falls off the primary target, the damage goes down but the forked damage (secondary target was not sundered) does not change. You can repeat by sundering the flurried target and seeing the BF damage decrease even though the initial damage does not if you leave the primary target un-sundered.

So blade flurry DOES benefit from sharpened knives glyph and using FoK to keep everything sundered--the extra poison damage is a perk. (Note: Blade flurry benefits from it, doesn't mean it's necessarily worth using FoK--jury is still out on that, it probably is worth it when you consider whirlwind, bladestorm, multi-shot, swipe, other rogues, etc).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-10-10 at 10:06 PM.