Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    If that where to happen, not that I condone this, the likelihood of assassination would be off the charts. People hate the dude as it is, he will never pull an FDR.
    The 2-term limit came after FDR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    If that where to happen, not that I condone this, the likelihood of assassination would be off the charts. People hate the dude as it is, he will never pull an FDR.
    Sadly, only a tiny percent of people who hate Obama hate him for real reasons. Most people just hate him for reasons they've been told to hate him for, which are mostly fake or highly embellished.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefeng View Post
    That's not accurate at all - Ford was the House Minority Leader. He became VP through the resignation of Spiro Agnew, who was the VP under Nixon. When Nixon resigned Ford ascended to the Presidency.

Fun fact: Ford is the only American to have been both VP and, later, President while never being elected to either position through the Electoral College.
    Yeah my bad. I knew the original VP wasn't there anymore, but forgot how, and i guess they changed it so that the Speaker of the House instead of the party Minority / Majority leader takes place now.

/hidesfaceinhistoryfail

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Why would Obama resign?
    Solyndra? Fast and Furious? Benghazigate? Gun control agenda? NSA spying? IRS targeting conservative groups? "You didn't build that!"?

Why wouldn't he resign?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Solyndra?
    You're not serious right? He should resign over taking a risk? What a joke.

Fast and Furious?
    Oh god please say you aren't serious.

Benghazigate?
    ... Fuck, you're serious.

Gun control agenda?
    Wat? Serious?

NSA spying?
    You mean the bipartisan, completely legal thing going on?

IRS targeting conservative groups?
    That targeted Liberal Groups just as much. Conservative victimhood is also, inherently non-serious.

"You didn't build that!"?
    Oooookaaaay.....

Why wouldn't he resign?
    Because he's busy killing Osama Bin Laden, modernizing American foreign policy, and protecting the nation from the extremists who take the following so seriously, they've abandoned any pretense of constitutionality and patriotism because they just don't like the guy:

Solyndra
    Fast and Furious
    Benghazigate
    "Gun control agenda"
    IRS targeting conservative groups
    "You didn't build that!"

Folks, this is what's called "dog whistle politics". It is intended to convey a hidden subtext to a certain target audience. This thread is a right wing revenge fantasy.

You have been flagged. Welcome to a lifetime of surveillance by the NSA.

Didn't Bush use the 25th when he had some minor surgery and had to be under full anesthetics? I remember because Cheney was President for a day, and that scared the crap out of me.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Didn't Bush use the 25th when he had some minor surgery and had to be under full anesthetics? I remember because Cheney was President for a day, and that scared the crap out of me.
    yep, twice for colonoscopies, never more than a couple of hours though.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Yeah my bad. I knew the original VP wasn't there anymore, but forgot how, and i guess they changed it so that the Speaker of the House instead of the party Minority / Majority leader takes place now.

/hidesfaceinhistoryfail
    The office of Vice President has no order of succession, it is appointed. I suppose that's because it is not an elected position. Ford didn't ascend to the Vice Presidency because he was Speaker or Minority leader, he ascended because Nixon appointed him Vice President and Congress confirmed him.