Second Wind and Ancient Miasma (Malkorok)

So I had this thought bouncing around my head since reading the description for Ancient Miasma. Basically what this does is turns all healing into a shield that stacks up to your maximum health, essentially rendering it impossible to gain life during this phase. What i'd like to know is what would the viability of a strategy in which the prot warrior tank (or hell, any warrior) in getting damaged to <35%, triggering second wind, and getting a continuous flow of 3% max hp per second as a shield on top of your hp. Stacking some stamina (like profession bonuses and duel stam trinkets) I calculate that 900k raid buffed is certainly achievable. This equates to a 27k shield being applied each second, on top of the sbarriers. between those two sources, your healers would have to spend very little time healing you, roll a cheap hot and be done. Since the absorb is basically acting as the players new health bar, you wouldn't be in danger of getting killed until the bloodrage phase. I sim at about 60k DTPS, so taking that down to half, under my own power seams incredibly powerful.

The danger would lie in the careful hits to get to <35% to begin with. DPS warriors would benefit almost more in that the ~16k hps they would do to themselves would practically remove them from healer attention, but it would be even more difficult to achieve a safe >35%.

I don't know, its probably a better bet to take impending victory, spam it on CD and just be happy you wont be over-healing all the time now.
    (Rhokaln:Hyjal)

Not really worth it. It happened to me while I had Second Wind accidentally on this weeks malkorok kill (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1793&e=2137) and didn't do very much healing. Plus it's super scary because a missed soak -> 2-3 unavoided melees at high stacks could kill you.

I had about 1.1mil raid buffed (including shaman buff).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard during the first days of progress many top guild prot warriors picked that talent for that reason. So nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Could have sworn you still take a small amount of damage even while the shield is active.

Deleted
    Why would anyone want to have 135% hp when he could have 200%?

Might be that the healing requirements are a lot different on 10m that on 25m, but from a 25m pov tank healing isn't an issue on this fight.

Deleted
    I liked Tortos for this reason as a DPS warrior. Get under 35%, never die because shield is renewed by second wind and all the BrM monk's guards are cast on you :3
    Doesn't work as well for malkorok, though. Not enough random damage to drop you below 35, and intentionally soaking stuff you shouldn't isn't nice.

Deleted
    If you want to start at 35%, you can get naked and then re-equip everything at the pull. As long as you don't un-equip your trinkets you should be fine. I personally wouldn't use it, it's nice, but Malkorok likes to pierce the shield when you are near 15 stacks and you are saving CDs. The shield seems to replenish just fine, but he pierces just too fast to Second Wind to make a difference, and if you are near 35%.. you may die. Better to keep your 200% hp intact.

Deleted
    The problems there are just how risky that is, take one stack too many and you could be KO'ed.

However you also gain the smart healing, ie monks chi wave, paladins holy prism etc

But at the same time tank shields should never be an issue, and it's not worth sacrificing the smart heals to one person, better they go on the raid.