Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Woman calls ambulance for fiance, cops come and shoot him.

Usually I don't make threads about this because corrupt cops are a common occurrence, but I thought this story brought it to a whole new level of insanity.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/10/07/wo...for-an-ambulan

In the digital age we are in now, do you think we should have more camera on officer's uniforms to prevent (or catch) corrupt cops?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of the lack of video, we don't actually know wether this is a case of corruption or not.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Something missing from this story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like there is a lot more to this story than is being presented.

The moment you start generally putting cameras on police officer's uniforms, everyone and their brother would sue police departments for imaginary violations of privacy simply from having been in the general area of an officer and having had a possibility of having been recorded (in public) without consent.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post

The moment you start generally putting cameras on police officer's uniforms, everyone and their brother would sue police departments for imaginary violations of privacy simply from having been in the general area of an officer and having had a possibility of having been recorded (in public) without consent.
    I recall them actually having tried this somewhere at some point, and the number of complaints against the police went down by like 60% or something.

I'll see if I can find it somehwere...
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Those officers shouldn't be on paid leave OR being investigated by the state...They should be on no paid leave reimbursed if found innocent via backpay...Or and better have their hearts weighed against a feather while going through the gates to the afterlife.

10+ Year Old Account
    I truly hope there aren't any people in this world that would be so incompetent as to sue the people that protect you because they may or may not have recorded you walking past an officer.

If he was a diabetic that explains why he'd be acting violent, every paramedic in the world could have handled this. You just get like 10 guys to tackle him and handle it.

Hell we actively avoid calling the cops for known diabetics who freak out, because they pull their gun for everything, no restraint.

All he needed was a bag of d50 or glucose shoved down his throat ./
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Those officers shouldn't be on paid leave OR being investigated by the state...They should be on no paid leave reimbursed if found innocent via backpay...Or and better have their hearts weighed against a feather while going through the gates to the afterlife.

“Back in my day, we had it all set up. You lined up when you died, and you’d answer for your evil deeds and for your good deeds, and if your evil deeds outweighed a feather, we’d feed your soul and your heart to Ammet, the Eater of Souls.”

“He must have eaten a lot of people.”

“Not as many as you’d think. It was a really heavy feather. We had it made special. You had to be pretty damn evil to tip the scales on that baby.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I know people bash the UK for having so many security cameras, but they help stop shit like this happening, keep all your freedoms thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I know people bash the UK for having so many security cameras, but they help stop shit like this happening, keep all your freedoms thank you very much.
    And another advantage is that we get quality like this...

This sort of paranoid conjecture has no basis in fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Usually I don't make threads about this because corrupt cops are a common occurrence, but I thought this story brought it to a whole new level of insanity.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/10/07/wo...for-an-ambulan

In the digital age we are in now, do you think we should have more camera on officer's uniforms to prevent (or catch) corrupt cops?
    I remember reading why you thought Garrosh was actually good and did things to make the Horde better... Look you're obviously a very delusional person, most cops aren't that and it's very easy to make one look bad through a video. In fact even the cops who arrested me years ago were pretty nice, they didn't hassle me and knew that it was just a job. As long as you're not a dickbag to them they treat you like any other person but you will have handcuffs on.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I remember reading why you thought Garrosh was actually good and did things to make the Horde better... Look you're obviously a very delusional person, most cops aren't that and it's very easy to make one look bad through a video. In fact even the cops who arrested me years ago were pretty nice, they didn't hassle me and knew that it was just a job. As long as you're not a dickbag to them they treat you like any other person but you will have handcuffs on.
    Most are good people, but some are complete dicks, I learnt that the hard way. If all cops had to wear cameras then maybe they wont abuse their power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most are good people, but some are complete dicks, I learnt that the hard way. If all cops had to wear cameras then maybe they wont abuse their power.
    Oh I wasn't saying there weren't any, I've had a few be quite rude just because they think they have the authority to do whatever they want. Granted at the time I wasn't doing anything illegal but they treated me as if I were... Most cops though are quite good.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If he was a diabetic that explains why he'd be acting violent, every paramedic in the world could have handled this. You just get like 10 guys to tackle him and handle it.

Hell we actively avoid calling the cops for known diabetics who freak out, because they pull their gun for everything, no restraint.

All he needed was a bag of d50 or glucose shoved down his throat ./
    I just get tired for the most part myself..Give me some sleep or meat and i'm generally good. Diabetic here..But yes i can indeed get quite aggressive as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    “Back in my day, we had it all set up. You lined up when you died, and you’d answer for your evil deeds and for your good deeds, and if your evil deeds outweighed a feather, we’d feed your soul and your heart to Ammet, the Eater of Souls.”

“Not as many as you’d think. It was a really heavy feather. We had it made special. You had to be pretty damn evil to tip the scales on that baby.
    Glad someone got it...Also if you think about it onlya full blown psychopath i believe it is would lack the conscience to pass the test...Funny thing huh.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Usually I don't make threads about this because corrupt cops are a common occurrence,

With how much crap all of the police officers deal with every day corrupt cops are not that common. Stop watching so many corrupt cop drama shows and news that is all about ratings and shocking events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be for that, if only to stop the YOU'RE ABUSING ME BRO aggrivators from making stupid lawsuits.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

I love that book~!

Also, have we found out more on this story yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'd be for that, if only to stop the YOU'RE ABUSING ME BRO aggrivators from making stupid lawsuits.
    It would protect both parties and would not be too expensive to implement.