Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #221
    All I know is I keep seeing people use the word "sexistic" in this thread, and it's giving me a headache. It's "sexist", or if you prefer something a little more descriptive, "chauvinistic".

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Nerds are scared of girls, and when you challenge them in their territory, they are likely to resort to their numbers.

    On a serious note: i actually have no idea what to say about this. Seems you found people there who desperately need help.
    That actually sums it up. They were afraid of a girl. That is the reason they acted up.

    On a side note, where was your "friend"? He (I am guessing it was a guy) should have either stood up for you, or at least told you to ignore them, because they are jerks. I once made all warriors drop from a 40 man in vanilla, because the druids were harassing a rogue who was a female in real life and the raid leaders did nothing. She was too afraid to leave the raid, but when all the tanks and best dds in raid dropped, that got everyones attention. She was 35 years old at the time and an accomplished writer for the biggest gaming magazine in our country, but sexist remarks from a bunch of kids got to her. This is something we men will never experience, but should be aware of. There is no harmless sexism.
    In case of jerks, /leave.

    PS. Neo-feminism, led by angry lesbians, who by definition hate men, makes it harder for us to stand up for women.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Sexism on the internet? Oh wow, what else is new? And you actually proved their point, lol. "This caused me to be completely quiet throughout the game and I ended up not paying attention to their calls. I missed their call on asking me to peel back from the flag and then all hell went loose." - of course you'll be called retarded and stupid after that. So meh. Learn to either endure this or talk back/stand your ground.
    If you actually read the OP you would've seen she said they already called her retarded and stupid before she was kicked off the voice-com, and nobody should have to "endure" this kind of bullshit from anybody. After reading your signature I realize you're not a very clever person.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  4. #224
    strange , i would expect the contrary , people to be happy to have a girl , usually thats a reaction in raids or run's , having someone else apart all males , and even if that happen insult asap only cos its a girl , without checking the character ? just from the start , duno but seems way to strange for me

  5. #225
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    That actually sums it up. They were afraid of a girl. That is the reason they acted up.

    On a side note, where was your "friend"? He (I am guessing it was a guy) should have either stood up for you, or at least told you to ignore them, because they are jerks. I once made all warriors drop from a 40 man in vanilla, because the druids were harassing a rogue who was a female in real life and the raid leaders did nothing. She was too afraid to leave the raid, but when all the tanks and best dds in raid dropped, that got everyones attention. She was 35 years old at the time and an accomplished writer for the biggest gaming magazine in our country, but sexist remarks from a bunch of kids got to her. This is something we men will never experience, but should be aware of. There is no harmless sexism.
    In case of jerks, /leave.

    PS. Neo-feminism, led by angry lesbians, who by definition hate men, makes it harder for us to stand up for women.
    Yes yes of course all men are terrible how dares us. Dammit I wish I wasn't born a white male now i'm a sexist.

  6. #226
    don't like it then leave.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    PS. Neo-feminism, led by angry lesbians, who by definition hate men, makes it harder for us to stand up for women.
    As a female, I agree with this. There's nothing wrong with a man coming to your aide. I'm certainly not a damsel in distress, but if a male friend sticks up for me, I will take that help graciously.

  8. #228
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I'm going to be blatantly honest. I do not believe a second you got glad or high ratings by yourself if you never got acostumed to the PvP community at all and are actually 'shocked' or 'taken back' by such behaviors. I have no idea how you can not expect childiness from an internet community, let alone a PvP one in a MMO at that. This has nothing to do with your gender or anything so far.

    Yes, they were sexist, but either you are naive as a child, trolling, or grossly exaggerating. You're also taking for sexism a lot of things that aren't related to your gender at all - they were calling you stupid because you couldn't listen to a call made on TS first and foremost, not because you had boobs. Only the pre-game part reeks of sexism, and even then it still seems pretty tame.
    From reading your post, you're just annoyed that you played badly and got called out for it. The 'girl' part is just topping it off - it's not the other way around.

    If you're not trolling and not exaggerating, then you probably need to find a way to grow a thicker skin, for your own sake (and I'm saying this as advice for the future, not as anything else). Getting hurt by such meaningless sentences isn't something good for you, especially if they are stupid.
    I've been thinking of how I could say this on a nice way but I suppose ↑ will do. While sexism is involved, and yes, it sucks, it's like this in every game, not just towards females but also males, but that's not the big issue here. Someone that is supposedly that high ranked in one of the more immature communities, the PvP community, should have been used to this already and not making a big deal out of this.

    All I really see is someone that is annoyed because she screwed up and got called out of it, trying to make the guys look like the bad guys because they teased/harassed you a little, which again, happens to everyone. They were wrong, but so were you, so really, no need to make such a big deal about this.

  9. #229
    I can't believe there are people in this thread stupid enough to use an example of sexism to act like sexism doesn't exist. I mean, come on.
    I think i can give up choose talent in this level?
    because if i am not choose this level。 i can have 20% blood more than choosen..
    GREAT BLZ.
    warlock now became a guy use 5 level talents VS other 6 level.

  10. #230
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,129
    this reminds me of the 'If Women ruled WoW"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqTvdz7mv7c
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  11. #231
    OP: these games are already rife with social rejects who exploit anonymity and in-game peerage to seek projected revenge or act out any number of the idiotic fantasies that would get their jaw broken in real life.

    PvP players tend to be even worse -- a lot of low-intelligence, dead-end grocery-bagger types or outright scumbags. Tread carefully until you can find a group of normal adults.

  12. #232
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    As a female, I agree with this. There's nothing wrong with a man coming to your aide. I'm certainly not a damsel in distress, but if a male friend sticks up for me, I will take that help graciously.
    I agree with this as well.

    I think feminism has had allot of negative impacts on how we now view men and women, and how we now treat each other. It had it points in the beginning, but has slowly went downhill as more and more women expect/want more.

  13. #233
    I learned a long time ago to expect things like this from people that are serious about PVP, it seems much more common compared to people serious about PVE.

    Internet courage/anonymity gives people like this even more of a reason to act like that.

    They might have just been checking to see how you handle certain comments, or how much self confidence you have too, and/or they could just be outright douche bags.

  14. #234
    Mechagnome Naer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    <Intent>
    Posts
    639
    I actually went to a feminism conference in DC a few years back.

    I found it to be enlightening and fairly equalist. One of the seminars was Parental rights -- a Fair chance for mother AND Father. It went over the issues concerning custody battles and the bias of mom is always right.

    Regardless, as a feminist, I wouldn't label all feminists as mad crazy people. There are outliers of course, or people not actually involved in trying to push legislation and change. And not all of us can't take a joke either

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    I actually went to a feminism conference in DC a few years back.

    I found it to be enlightening and fairly equalist. One of the seminars was Parental rights -- a Fair chance for mother AND Father. It went over the issues concerning custody battles and the bias of mom is always right.

    Regardless, as a feminist, I wouldn't label all feminists as mad crazy people. There are outliers of course, or people not actually involved in trying to push legislation and change. And not all of us can't take a joke either
    Agreed,

    I met a lovely/friendly feminist woman and formed a relationship, she was an advocate for NARAL Pro-Choice America (among other things), but she certainly wasn't anti-men, nor did she expect double standards. She refused to have her son circumcised too.

    She had a wonderful dirty sense of humor too and could definitely take a joke, and also dish them out.

    Just showing support that not all feminists are batshit insane, from a males experience. Although, if you go to a rally you will definitely see some.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-10-08 at 04:20 PM.

  16. #236
    Pandaren Monk Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    1,857
    I run a Flex full clear group weekly. I bring one of my guildies who is a girl, and I've had a number of pugs join via openraid as well. That added 3 more girls at least (not everyone talks on mumble), one of which is in a decent raiding guild and who helps coordinate and strategize the raid with me. I haven't noticed any particular differences between them and the guys when it comes to raid performance. The only difference I notice is that I like to hear their voices more than the guys voices :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

  17. #237
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,129
    it would be appropriate i think if more guys objected verbally when other men express open sexism voice-chat.
    people who know better need to let it be known that it's not actually socially acceptable to bully people.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  18. #238
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,392
    Sounds to me personally the guys were NEGing you trying to get you to respond so they could be playful with you. You shouldn't hesitate or sound awkward just because you are a girl. It makes others feel like you aren't confident. When you lost confidence it affected your play and then they turned into total morons. However the ones trying to NEG sound like they went about it poorly from the start and instead of building a playful conversation just upset you and made themselves look like a complete tool. Don't worry though it makes him look like a retard in the end.

    Some people are socially awkward. Don't worry though in this case it WASN'T you.

    All you need to do is grow some balls. and go do more RBGS with a different group.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-08 at 04:25 PM.

  19. #239
    Unfortunaly in most raids I played 'that guy' who drags the group down was 'that girl' so you got to deal with it.
    I would never judge a player in advance though until they fuck up and in most cases chicks sadly do.

  20. #240
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Unfortunaly in most raids I played 'that guy' who drags the group down was 'that girl' so you got to deal with it.
    I would never judge a player in advance though until they fuck up and in most cases chicks sadly do.
    Girl to guy ratio in gaming is usually 25%/75% in my experiences. However I've met thousands more awful guy players then girls. Funny how that works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •