Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Deal with it. Played this game since Vanilla with some tards who'd often try that with me, I'd simply play better than them and make them shut their filthy mouth.
    Ironically that's exactly what she tried to do and it went terribly wrong.

Personally if I was in such a situation (I'm not a chick, but there are still times in my life when groups of people have ganged up on me for no good reason) I'd just leave immediately. It's a lose/lose imo. If you do really poorly they jump down your throat, if you do really well then you just helped a bunch of douchenozzles win a RBG. In fact, what would have been epic is if you just started trolling them hardcore. Just fucking up everything and causing them to lose. They'd definitely think twice before giving a chick the business next time.

But yea, It's just not worth it. Now you know how this scenario plays out and you can better avoid it in the future.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-10-08 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They had a stereotype and you reinforced it. Next time either quit at the get go or don't fail by choosing to not paying attention. Right or wrong, it is what it is.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Ironically that's exactly what she tried to do and it went terribly wrong.

Personally if I was in such a situation (I'm not a chick, but there are still times in my life when groups of people have ganged up on me for no good reason) I'd just leave immediately. It's just not worth it. Now you know how this scenario plays out and you can better avoid it in the future.
    definitely! it really isn't worth it, the mental stress all the hostility puts you under.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Stereotyping in a thread about dealing with female gamer stereotypes. Nice.
    Sometimes stereotypes simply are true. Those three groups of people are much more likely to be aggressive and verbally abusive in online multiplayer games.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not condoning the behavior, but it likely stems from the fact PvPers tend to be a very curious group. They treat the game more like an FPS than an MMORPG. And in the FPS community, well in keeping with most of the barrel-bottom internet communities, see females as a lesser species who are only good at cooking.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

its the internet, u simply cant take a lot of what people say seriously. just remember that nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    it's not biology to say men in peak physical condition are by default better than women in peak physical condition. What is biology is that it's a lot harder for women to get to and maintain peak physical condition than men, so when it comes to allotted time frames, men can get in shape faster and stay in shape with less time invested. When both are in peak condition the slate is even. Men have a larger sample size than women when it comes to athletic statistics as well, mostly because women are fed inaccurate rubbish that their biology limits them from competing.
    There are women who try to be as big as men regardless of the shit telling them they can't but literally a women and men when working as hard as they can will never be equal in a physical related way. There is a reason men are only special forces in the military. I'm not being sexist, this is actual biology, in fact some men actually have it much easier than other men when it comes to building bulky muscle because they have a certain chemical that some men have more of than others (forget what the chemical is called).

I know girls in high school that ran as much, if not even more than guys and still could never keep up with them in cross country. They have to work a lot harder and even then... It's difficult.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Well, retards can be found anywhere. : / I don't see how the gender matter in a game really. I have played with many females in WoW, many really great but some are completely retarded, as is it for guys. When I did RBG in Cata, it was a woman that led the team, she was fucking awesome, we won most matches with her there.

I have never joined a pug RBG, but will probably never do, prefer to just run with a guild. Just ignore that bunch of monkeys and hope you get to join some good teams instead. : )

nerds who use the word female give me douche chills

Soooo. Am I the only hardcore person who says that if you mess up then expect to take heat for it lol?

Sure they might have made some comments but really that should make you strive to do better.

I have a feeling, a very strong feeling in fact, that OP left something out, as someone who always hates to hear about this sort of thing in WoW, it rarely, if ever, happens like this. I have a strong feeling something else happened and its being led into this kind of story.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I have a feeling, a very strong feeling in fact, that OP left something out, as someone who always hates to hear about this sort of thing in WoW, it rarely, if ever, happens like this. I have a strong feeling something else happened and its being led into this kind of story.
    Honestly, I left nothing out. The only thing I can think of that I left out was that when I first spoke I took so long to answer and they were getting mad, because they said my name wrong and I didn't understand; I mentioned that they said my name wrong to which one of them mimicked "you said my name wrong" in the nastiest tone ever. Nothing of importance at all unless something so small and unrelated can make them all mad. I suppose I was just extremely unlucky to run into this bunch, and they were really serious for only being 1800-2k rated.

I wish I thought of recording it so I could show everyone how vile it was and hopefully it wouldn't happen to anyone again.
    Last edited by Immy; 2013-10-08 at 04:24 AM.

Of course there is sexism in game, it is played by real people. It is not a good thing, but look around at people's transmogs. If the character is female and 'dressed' like a whore do you think that is a balanced adult playing or someone with his own views on what women are for? And in the EU there are players from nations that have no respect for women, you think they have a balanced view? Accept that some males are pathetic and unsure about themselves, and some are very young and trying to be 'clever' and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Soooo. Am I the only hardcore person who says that if you mess up then expect to take heat for it lol?

Sure they might have made some comments but really that should make you strive to do better.
    Ah, except that initially they weren't because I messed up! The comments were because I'm a girl!

Theres really no need for rubbish like this to happen just beacause you're female..

Women want equality, but when they're the subject of friendly joking and goofing around (you know, like men do with each other) they bitch a fit and scream "MUH FEMINISMS!" and "PATRIARCHY!!!"

You want special rights, not equal rights. You want to be treated "equally," yet protected in ways men aren't. It's not happening. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Women want equality, but when they're the subject of friendly joking and goofing around (you know, like men do with each other) they bitch a fit and scream "MUH FEMINISMS!" and "PATRIARCHY!!!"

You want special rights, not equal rights. You want to be treated "equally," yet protected in ways men aren't. It's not happening. Deal with it.
    Nothing she described was "friendly joking and goofing around". And personally as a man, if anyone ever said similar nonsense to me I'd tell them to go #@%$ themselves.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the many reasons (and one of the more important ones) I think voice chat should never be a "must have" feature in an immersive game.

It's one thing to get used to the behavior of people in /2 or /i. It's another thing entirely to "meet" complete strangers in voice party chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    But there wasn't anything friendly about it.

The sorts of things women have to put up with online, you would generally never say in person to a man unless you were drunk or high, because you would expect him to beat the shit out of you in response.

Doesnt listen to what people are saying, gets flamed for exactly this.

Goes to forum and cries how bad men are.

Sexist OP is sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I've never done PvP with a girl that was good.
    You don't exactly have a stellar PvP CSV yourself.

But seriously, just show them up. They'll either get all butthurt, or at least admit they were dumb.