Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I hate girls who lead you on making you think they got feelings for you just so you can give them stuff then they throw you in the ditch.

Consider that sexism if you want but its reality. 80% of females I've talked to in WoW are like that.
    Stop looking for love online.

Sounds like you need a better caliber of friends

Quote Originally Posted by Nayelie View Post
    Picture very related
    Now that that is out of the way, I feel for you chica. Being a girl in this game is hard sometimes. Back in Cata, I was tired of being on a raid team, so I did all of DS through pugs. And I learned to never speak in vent unless 1) I heard another girl or 2) I knew someone in the vent. If I spoke without one of those two, it was always a flurry of "omg a girl", with several of them going crazy in vent, and then one or two of them whispering me with apologies about their guildies, but letting me know that they were true gentlemen.

I don't know why we can't just all game in peace sometimes
    I agree with you....I am a guy and I have no fucking clue why some men/boys that play this game act like they been locked in prison for 30 yrs. Girls says something on vent and they freak out like OMFG A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. That shit really annoys me and I do not understand it

People only talk shit over the internet because they know nothing is going to happen to them so they feel all high and mighty
    if you approched someone like that something to their face IRL they'd either apologize or get offended/pissed.

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

The people you play the game with is like a bag of grapes. Do you stop eating the grapes just because a few of them were really small and sour?

People always talk shit about how bad the wow community is. Been playing since BC and there are very few incidents that were just absolutely as ridiculous as some people make them out to be. Sure, they were bad experiences, but I've had more fun playing the game and interacting with other players than not. People just get this illusion because they read too much shit posted by forum warriors or people who are just /b/tards.

Get yourself a thicker skin, crack that whip at those nerds with their monitor tans. Get all snippy and be like "really? fucking seriously?" prattle on about some shit about how they probably live with their mom and can't get a job and suck ass at everything in life including video games, and are taking out their frustration on you because getting laid is the most difficult boss encounter they have ever attempted.
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I've never done PvP with a girl that was good.
    By the looks of things you have never done PvP with anyone that was good.

On topic though, were they wrong? Probably, can't really get full context though but most likely. But you did fuck up after and get called out on it, shouldn't let it happen and/or when it does, just shit talk back.
    Last edited by zethh; 2013-10-08 at 07:13 AM.

That's kind of surprising, I mean not really but I would have thought they would try to flirt with you instead.

This is why I pretend I'm a guy and why I don't pvp with randoms, sadly. <- girl too. You guys guilty of this should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    That's kind of surprising, I mean not really but I would have thought they would try to flirt with you instead.
    It would seem the two extremes are that guys either try to flirt with girls online or constantly berate them... and then probably try and hit on them afterwards. Probably some deep underlying insecurity issues working for both, tied in with expression of dominance and somesuch.

Like on my server, a guy and his girlfriend would occasionally pop up in trade chat... and all the guy would do is constantly smack-talk her in trade chat.

As for how to respond... I dunno. Smack talk 'em right back? "I'll be using your scrotum as a decorative change holder by the end of the match if you don't shut your trap and get back to playing!"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-10-08 at 07:24 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Pandaren Monk
    Jokes will be made and I've made fun of pretty much everyone, including females during raids of BGs I'm in vent with. The trick is when you're joking around to actually do it jokingly and not actually mean it, it's also something you shouldn't constantly repeat either as with everything.

Sounds like the OP just really had a bunch of douche bags. Most of the girls I play with don't mind mild sexist comments as long as it's not really meant and isn't something that you just constantly repeat over the course of the event. Being uptight about everything is bad too. The girls I play with will sling mud too, but it's all in good fun, so they aren't necessarily taken back when someone chimes back with "I can't hear you from the kitchen", which ironically is something they will say more than any male we play with lol.

As a whole I find the PvP community really awful and I've been gladiator multiple times over the years. There are some really good people who like the competition and also are actually good people. I find it worst at the bottom to mid level and at the very top. There are loads of ignorant males doing PvP and label themselves as "PvPers" who are just fucking god awful. Most of them lash out like this because they have really low self esteem and making somebody else feel bad is basically the only real joy they get out of the game.

Most of these people really do label themselves as "PvPers" and that PvE is for noobs. They usually trash talk pretty much everything and they typically have less than 1600 rating in 2s or 3s with hundreds of games played.

Sorry you had a bad experience in RBGs. RBGs are cancers anyways.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-10-08 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I hate girls who lead you on making you think they got feelings for you just so you can give them stuff then they throw you in the ditch.

Consider that sexism if you want but its reality. 80% of females I've talked to in WoW are like that.
    Sounds like alot of women I've known IRL....

As for my take they were assholes...Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    You should probably try to play with people that are over 13.
    'Took the words out of my mouth. You should've left them the second shit started to fall onto you: there's no reasoning or working around people like that.
    WoW killers are like the end of the world, they come and go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yeah, see the developers just flipped you the finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    People are assholes in person too, billionaires are assholes, foreign leaders are assholes...Not just gamers....

Just a side note: 1800-2200 rbgs? That is a REALLY big rating difference. If you don't like sexism in pug rbgs...don't pug rbgs?
    Yeah it was a huge range, I think people were just there for the points. Funnily enough it was me and my friend and some others who were quiet that were 2.2k, and the leaders and the dude who were smack-talking were only 1800 :P I just hope another girl will never have to deal with them! Well, I wasn't aware of how bad the sexism could be before now. I, and many others, can deal with quite a bit, but not this much. I certainly won't be pugging rbgs again that's for sure.

Unfortunately your performance kind of substantiated their initial concerns. I mean you admittedly played poorly that match and even went so far as to abandon the team.

Assholes or not, the fact that they find victims is more upsetting. I mean most of the girls I've know who fit in this cathegory are one step above totally stupid, what does that make the guys they screw over.

Then again this is WoW (refuge from Real Life for some people)...

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Unfortunately your performance kind of substantiated their initial concerns. I mean you admittedly played poorly that match and even went so far as to abandon the team.
    I did that because they kicked me from the call, though, after yelling at me (very loudly) and calling me retarded. What should I have done?

People bashing other people on the internet is nothing new so whats the thread for?

The reason why a lot of people are so harsh towards girls is because still a large amount of the girls playing games are kinda attention whores... some in a very direct way, some a little bit more "discrete". In the end its also a fault of guys because lots of them actually WANT the girls to be attention whores, they want them to act the way they do and encourage them to do so by giving them the attention.

I personally really dont care wheather i play with girls or guys, but unfortunately you wont every get of group with 5 girls and 5 guys and all are ok... instead it will always be something like 2 girls and 8 guys and chances are quite high that at least one of the girls wants attention and then it really is annoying (at least if you want to play competitively). Of course its not only the girls fault but the guys who get an errection as soon as they hear a girl on vent and want to talk to her at all costs... but you cant kick 5 guys because of this, its easier to just noch invite the 1 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Not condoning the behavior, but it likely stems from the fact PvPers tend to be a very curious group. They treat the game more like an FPS than an MMORPG. And in the FPS community, well in keeping with most of the barrel-bottom internet communities, see females as a lesser species who are only good at cooking.
    Never noticed that about the FPS community part not consciously at least..

But can someone with the mentality of those she grouped with please try to explain it to me. I never understood the idea of hating someone on gender...

Sadly the majority of WoW players are antisocial little shits. I encounter sexism, homophobia and racism on a daily basis and they seem to think it's OK. At the end of the day though you know in your mind that you are a good person and they are scum, that's all that counts.

The behaviour they showed is wrong, but can be explained also.

First you need to know that the average male wow player (not saying all, but average) is a single guy, usually in his early to late twenties. On average these guys are a bit of the nerdy, socially limited people. Now, this kind of guy does not communicate with females very often, if at all, therefore they are totally unsure about what to say or do when they get the attention of a female.
    Now imagine a bunch of these guys playing together, sititng on skype, and a female joins them. None of them knows something nice to say to a female, so they resolve to making jokes about it, to hide the fact that they don't know any better and to impress the other nerds (nerds, like all other type of male, want to impress their fellow males, nerds in this case).

You totally should not be bothered by this, keep playing cause like i said this type of nerd is just the average male wow player, not all players are like them and if you keep joining pugs you will find a nice group eventually, stick around with them

If you want to observe / learn more about the nerd-type i described above, there is a golden chance for this, check the internet for a "friday night magic" close to your town, this is a gathering of MTG players and the exact type of nerd i described above flock there like bees to honey If you do go there, bring some deo to use on them because the smell is unbearable otherwise
    Currently playing MMO's: Wildstar --- Played MMO's before: WoW, Tibia, Meridian59, ultima Online, EQ, Rift, Lotro, GW2, AOC, WHO, EQ2, SW:TOR, ESO
    Proud *n?x geek since 1998