Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Actualy no i dont think we did miss the point.... i got it atleast BUT being a asshat calling people *pathetic* and doing nothing construcktive to help out other then spamming a macro and point out how bad others are borderline trolling ....
    Pretty much this, the OP fails at social skills, acts the bully and gets kicked...welcome to the lfr one button boot macro, maybe the OP needs to /castsequence that on himself and save alot of ppl the griefing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    not at all. in my opinion the average player should have cleared normal by now. we have not.
    You have a very convoluted idea of what actually constitutes 'average'.

In LFR you are better off afk'ing then you are talking lol. Any time you say something, even if it's constructive criticism, someone may get upset and want to kick you or start an argument lol. Typically if you are afk'ing, you have a much lower chance of getting the boot than if you are being vocal about killing a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I haven't heard of people playing with a macro since Ret paladins at woltk at the beginning now this is just interesting since hmm... you're bragging doing a low amount your self.
    Blood DK Cast Sequence Macro, click one button, Top Meters!

not at all. in my opinion the average player should have cleared normal by now. we have not.
    If I am reading WoW Progress correctly, 12.7% of guilds have cleared SoO normal (899 kills). That number almost doubles for Paragons (21.95%), and almost doubles again for Malkorok (43.7%). Your idea of average is pretty skewed, unless you're on the same server as BL or something.

I don't think you understand what average means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You have a very convoluted idea of what actually constitutes 'average'.
    He's loose with facts and loose with assumption. /shrug
    When one considers the statement from the front page, that almost the same amount of people who do scenarios do flex raids, the average raider gets a different dimension

10+ Year Old Account
    protip: NEVER run damage meter.

easy to play well being more concerned to playing your class and encounter correctly.

played competitively this way icc to fireland. hardly ever knew or cared who wins the dps. always knew if i did as good as gear allows or if fuck up by moving too much, fail combustion, bad cooldown timing etc. none of these i need a meter for.

the smarter player use recount for more important things like death log and damage taken. try forgetting about dps meter and you will suddenly do better and feel better (attitude important to success too). even in lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    People still have their chat window open in LFR? Why?
    also this.

Quote Originally Posted by aNGeLKiLLeR View Post
    What i would ask is what was the encounter and what was your damage breakdown. Anyone could do twice as much dps on general if they avoid touching the adds.
    this is the kind of player who turn to the darkside of dps meter. hence the never look.

troll post detected. but im sorry to hear you still can't cleared normal. :3

dps metres i use to determine if ppl are actually doing what they are suppose to be doing or they say they are suppose to be doing.
    Its kinda bs that you dont look at any sort of dps metres if you was in an active guild who had to determine why you keep wiping on bosses and why people are doing so low dps.
    I use the metres mainly for the pupose of helping rather than seeing how far im top by =).

10+ Year Old Account
    it not bs angelkiller. hitting enrages are literally the only time it's worth concerning over someone else's not yours dps.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is easily possible to break 200.
    You're out of your mind/trolling/swapped your '1' and '2' keys/something.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    205k dps? 106k dps? Wth man...i remember doing 30 in wotlk and feeling badass...haven't pve'd since:P
    Big or low numbers does not an expansion make. Its all relative since a 30k hit or a 300k hit still only does .01% of a bosses life. If you fear big numbers I suggest avoiding calculators.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You ignore some facts.
    Simcrafts put 553 at a max of 270k dps for my spec.
    The same simcraft puts me at a max of 160k with 522-gear, which is ABOVE the average gear of a LFR-player.

So no way that an average LFR-player will reach 250k, it is impossible!
    In my flex group we have half of my guild which are casuals and half of another guild which are hardcore raiders alts. Of both groups we 15 players, 2 tanks 3-4 healers and the rest dps. Out of the 11-12 DPS only 3 hit between 180k-200k. The next set hit between 120-160k, then everyone else is pulling 90k. The ones pulling 90k rarely valor cap and occaisionally run LFR. The rest are all in LFR/Burden gear. There is a small smattering of Flex gear through out the entire group.

And let's be realistic here, there is a difference between AOE'ng trash mobs for 300k and hitting a single target boss for 300k.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    You did 30K in wotlk? Man i must have missed something there o.o
    I guess, for a really big ICC trash pull, with really good gear, an affliction lock might have done this? Or a T10 Stormadin? Maybe? Seems like a stretch, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    it not bs angelkiller. hitting enrages are literally the only time it's worth concerning over someone else's not yours dps.
    You can tell alot by using dps metres/wol. Can tell if ppl are actually hitting the right targets / using the right abilities and how many times they are actually using those abilities/getting hit from crap that anyone with a brain knows to avoid/inc tank dmg.

It seems to be quite self-fulfilling in LFR. You think everyone is going to dick around and leach, so you don't give a shit and do the same. Guess what? None tries and you are now a smart guy and continue doing the same. Basic basic psychology. There's also the element of anonymity, not just because you're on the Internet, but you're with people you will never see again. It's like anonyminception.

The only thing to do is just do your thing, drink a beer, try your best and hope you get a good group. Vote kick low DPSers, but don't tell anyone. Don't make a fuss or try to get them kicked. Just assume that anyone who is decent will do the same. If no one else kicks, then drink another beer and let it happen. People take LFR so seriously. It's a fucking zoo and it always will be. Run it ASAP in the week and hope you catch some random decent players.

Don't be a leach yourself though. Even two good DPSers can carry the group because its THAT easy. I will heal a LFR and be 30% of the total healing. Out of 5 or 6 healers + dpsers with passive healing. 30% is pretty good in a 10 man (if you're 3 healing), but a 25 man? I don't bitch though, I just do my thing and relax. It's a game, just get your loot and move along.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    It seems to be quite self-fulfilling in LFR. You think everyone is going to dick around and leach, so you don't give a shit and do the same. Guess what? None tries and you are now a smart guy and continue doing the same. Basic basic psychology. There's also the element of anonymity, not just because you're on the Internet, but you're with people you will never see again. It's like anonyminception.

The only thing to do is just do your thing, drink a beer, try your best and hope you get a good group. Vote kick low DPSers, but don't tell anyone. Don't make a fuss or try to get them kicked. Just assume that anyone who is decent will do the same. If no one else kicks, then drink another beer and let it happen. People take LFR so seriously. It's a fucking zoo and it always will be. Run it ASAP in the week and hope you catch some random decent players.

Don't be a leach yourself though. Even two good DPSers can carry the group because its THAT easy. I will heal a LFR and be 30% of the total healing. Out of 5 or 6 healers + dpsers with passive healing. 30% is pretty good in a 10 man (if you're 3 healing), but a 25 man? I don't bitch though, I just do my thing and relax. It's a game, just get your loot and move along.
    This right here, is (almost) exactly my philosophy.

Drink a beer and make a good effort. Don't start shit and don't argue. Don't comment on DPS. Vote to kick anyone who starts major drama or has a terrible personality. Don't vote at all on DPS vote kicks. Don't be an asshole. Drop feasts occasionally and pop the repair mount when convenient.

And if possible, kill bosses and have fun. And drink another beer.

See, LFR can be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aNGeLKiLLeR View Post
    You can tell alot by using dps metres/wol. Can tell if ppl are actually hitting the right targets / using the right abilities and how many times they are actually using those abilities/getting hit from crap that anyone with a brain knows to avoid/inc tank dmg.
    you can tell a lot by using meters yes i said that already. smart players i can tell you are one of them know how to make use. i'm saying in general a dps role never needs to look at how he ranks against the others in the dmg department as long as he is playing properly. because he will be distracted an play worse by constantly thinking 'i need to up my dps' instead of 'i need to play this fight better.'

Well to be fair average player would also include the 350k hp hunter bot flying around herbing it up all day. The average person consuming raid content though likely has well above 520 by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Stopped carrying quite a while ago - I just log onto another account or play some hearthcrap. It's really relaxing as I don't have to care that the raid wipes and I still get loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    This right here, is (almost) exactly my philosophy.

Drink a beer and make a good effort. Don't start shit and don't argue. Don't comment on DPS. Vote to kick anyone who starts major drama or has a terrible personality. Don't vote at all on DPS vote kicks. Don't be an asshole. Drop feasts occasionally and pop the repair mount when convenient.

And if possible, kill bosses and have fun. And drink another beer.

See, LFR can be fine.
    This is good. I'd only add: do kick afkers.