Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Topping meters with backstab/refresh SnD when it's gone one button rogue macro in Vanilla, those were the days. Then Blizzard went and changed it so macros couldn't have those kinds of conditionals in them and the world of roguecraft changed. Some couldn't cope with two buttons and switched to hunters who noone expected to do good dps anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Because it is possible to do 250+k dps with ilvl 506 /facepalm
    it is easily possible to break 200.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

People still have their chat window open in LFR? Why?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The other DK was tanking for the 1st time ever. He mentioned how stressful it was and didnt like the fact there was so much rage directed at us when in reality we caused 2 wipes after asking for advice and receiving none. He no longer wants to tank.

IMO this is the sort of shit that needs to be stamped out. If I came in and didnt ask for some advice and just wiped the raid endless sure i'd deserve it. But knowing the fight roughly and just asking for where we should position the boss getting no reply then getting abuse from one or two douche bags. Urgh it made me want to leave and go on my shaman and just heal in the back ground.
    I've raid tanked on a druid and a paladin since back in TBC. For the past couple of years, I haven't been able to raid regularly and have become a casual "LFR Hero." As of T15 of this expansion I had all but given up tanking because of how toxic the LFR environment has become to tanks learning the fight.

This past week I reforged my prot gear for ret (thankfully they use the same stats - prot paladins want none of that "avoidance" stuff) and went Holy/Ret instead. Call me a pussy if you want, MMO-C community, but I just don't feel like dealing with the anxiety of tanking new content (because I was never that tank who learned the fight with his guild in normal mode before jumping into LFR) in an ever increasingly toxic environment. I doubt I'm the only one. Tanks are going to get harder and harder to find in LFR if its toxic community doesn't improve.

I'll keep on healing, though. Can still often help carry a failing raid to victory as a healer all while being on the receiving end of somewhat less vitriol than a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    sure, thats why ~30k was highest sim dps in 4.0.6 with 372ilvl (compared to 264 WotLK) http://simulationcraft.org/406/Raid_T11_372.html

there were probably some gimmick fights in WotLK where you could do 30k but in general it was somewhere in 7-15k range
    There was a point at the very end of WotLK where Fury Warriors using Titan's Grip and dual-wielding Shadowmourne and the 277 mace Cryptmaker from 25HC Blood Princes were hitting 30k in cleave/add fights, but as single target DPS goes, I have a very good memory of it because I was constantly ranking between #1-10 in the world on all the fights as a combat rogue... During that period, I remember being able to put out 23k DPS on a patchwerk type fight like Saurfang or Festergut. This is assuming 100% armor penetration for the warrior of course (otherwise he was stupid). When the pre-cata patch came out, lots of things went haywire so people may have been doing that kinda DPS then with the new talent system and the removal of ArP stat, etc... so I won't bother speaking to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I've raid tanked on a druid and a paladin since back in TBC. For the past couple of years, I haven't been able to raid regularly and have become a casual "LFR Hero." As of T15 of this expansion I had all but given up tanking because of how toxic the LFR environment has become to tanks learning the fight.

This past week I reforged my prot gear for ret (thankfully they use the same stats - prot paladins want none of that "avoidance" stuff) and went Holy/Ret instead. Call me a pussy if you want, MMO-C community, but I just don't feel like dealing with the anxiety of tanking new content (because I was never that tank who learned the fight with his guild in normal mode before jumping into LFR) in an ever increasingly toxic environment. I doubt I'm the only one. Tanks are going to get harder and harder to find in LFR if its toxic community doesn't improve.

I'll keep on healing, though. Can still often help carry a failing raid to victory as a healer all while being on the receiving end of somewhat less vitriol than a tank.
    Yeh it is indeed odd.

I went into SoO on my shaman first thinking well I saw a video of the fight but if I go on my shaman I can get an idea of whats going on in the fight. Worked fine for the 1st part of SoO second part seems a lot harsher on tanks with the shaman probably being the most hectic fight ive done in LFR. The abuse I got for 2 wipes was pretty dire. The other guy who tanked for the 1st time was on team speak with me and after that initial 2 wipes on juggernaught we did not fuck up for the rest of the raid. the abusive douche found other people to bitch at.

We need far better tools to deal with players like this and blizzard really needs to take a page out of league of legends books in regards to dealing with toxic player behaviour. If we get a better player environment in LFR then LFR will be a better experience.

The other one is "GO GO GO" players in LFR, the towers on 1st boss being a prime example. Getting people screaming for me to go in the tower but the Demo is up thats certain fucking death in LFR. I play on the shaman and its far less stressful. I really makes me not want to tank on the DK sometimes but then I enjoy the tanking mechanics and play style not to mention ive almost got all my secrets of the empire for the legendary that im keen on finishing.

I almost felt at one point when this guy was giving out the abuse for him to enjoy his 20-30min wait for 2 more tanks as the other guy I was with was ready to leave. We stuck with it as we wanted to get it right and making 24 other people suffer due to one douche bag isnt cool.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    with average players pulling over 250k on single target boss fights nobody in your raid appears to have much room to talk about bad dps.
    I chuckled.

- - - Updated - - -

For all dps classes, against a single target, sustained? In 506 gear?

I'll have to go with 'no'.

What i would ask is what was the encounter and what was your damage breakdown. Anyone could do twice as much dps on general if they avoid touching the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    People still have their chat window open in LFR? Why?
    I was just about to ask something similar; but instead "why do people who get this pissed off about the things that happen in LFR still run LFR?"

Think I've run it twice (singular wings) since the patch launched to fill gaps in for gear on my really bad alts at 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Actualy no i dont think we did miss the point.... i got it atleast BUT being a asshat calling people *pathetic* and doing nothing construcktive to help out other then spamming a macro and point out how bad others are borderline trolling ....
    They deserve to be trolled. They are pulling less dps than a semi afk guy spamming a one button macro. It's pretty comical.

At judgementofwhateverurname is. If people could pull 200k dps in 506 gear (lol) then you should be pulling far in excess of that and killing most bosses in SoO before they even get a chance to fart. The fact that you aren't shows your figures are a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Actualy no i dont think we did miss the point.... i got it atleast BUT being a asshat calling people *pathetic* and doing nothing construcktive to help out other then spamming a macro and point out how bad others are borderline trolling ....
    You still don't get the point after the explanation?
    Or are you tunneled on some other point?

Then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about unless we're taking some rather intense, specific-to-a-boss mechanics into account. ilvl506 is ~100-120k territory for most classes. Are we going to start claiming Frost Mages were doing 50k in 4.3 at ilvl390?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Generally im bored with WOW, and my account has long been sold, the account im on now was my fathers who played all day every day(retired military 20 years 3 tours in NAM) so after he died of lung cancer, i took his account, thats his hunter, and i just goof around, i enjoy playing with scripts, auto hot key and other things. I dont think i called anyone an idiot, it was more of a STFU and chill, you arent awesome. Just amused me to see that reaction..

We don't all play wow for the same reasons, i keep this account going for respect to my dad.

for macros.....cool-down management helps alot with your DPS, main thing is keep your main skills going off instantly, and this macro fires off exp shot instantly and keep BA up as much as possible. It's pretty interesting to tweak these things, other classes lend much better to this, such as elemental shamans, they are kinda a balls out fire everything rotation, and with this style of macro it fires off lava burst faster than a human ever could.

If i wasnt lazy i could simple write a auto hot key macro to fire skills based off OVALE addon, but thats too much work and tweaking...
    Last edited by wdh1974; 2013-10-08 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    With what kind of ilvl?
    my group is an average of 550 which is low at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I do 300k+ dps at start and then i remain around 200-250k for whole fight, so 106k sounds rather low x)
    Comments like that are sooo stupid and useless.

And... yeah, another thread to flaunt your epeens. No one cares, guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    my current ilvl of 506 no enchants or gems
    Honest question. What do you spend your gold on, if not gems/enchants?

Personally I find doing well in combat to be my top priority, because that is fun for me, so that's where most of my gold goes - Spending it on things that increase my combat capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I'd like to see your "average" players because I have a feeling they don't exist.
    juggernaut. don't get much more single target than that and on our first kill we had the top 3 players around 180k. As often stated we are so far below average it isn't funny. so it is easy to imagine that an average competent player can easily be pushing 250.

let alone that this discussion is about LFR where your numbers should easily be higher. specially after one or two wipe rewards.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    my group is an average of 550 which is low at this point.
    See the problem is that you said "average players" but you're talking about your group which is far above average. The average player has nowhere near that ilevel, and thus isn't doing the DPS that someone with that ilevel is capable of. But I suspect you knew that and just wanted someone to point out that your group is above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I'd like to see your "average" players because I have a feeling they don't exist.
    Agree, I don't see these numbers unless its a high ilvl player. Single target lfr on low mid to high mid ilvl gear, 100-190k dps. Really depends on weapon, legendary back and trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    See the problem is that you said "average players" but you're talking about your group which is far above average. The average player has nowhere near that ilevel, and thus isn't doing the DPS that someone with that ilevel is capable of. But I suspect you knew that and just wanted someone to point out that your group is above average.
    not at all. in my opinion the average player should have cleared normal by now. we have not.