Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

World to officially run out of chocolate on October 2, 2020

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/189985...october-2-2020

Experts have warned that the world will officially run out of cocoa beans on October 2, 2020, owing to the ever-expanding global demand.

Confectionery giants have claimed that there are just not enough cocoa plantations across the globe to feed the demand, the Daily Star reported.

Angus Kennedy, chocolate taster and expert, said that there will be a chocolate shortage soon and there isn’t a solution to the problem.

Kennedy said that experts have figured that 2.3 globes is needed to accommodate man’s needs for chocolate in terms of forestry and space.

Basically, we need another Earth if we carry on at this rate, he asserted.

Kennedy insisted that the problem is that much of the space that was used for cocoa plantations is no longer there, because the farms are being chopped down and turned into rubber plantations as they get a better yield.

Kennedy added that there will be smaller bars, filled with more biscuits, raisins and nuts in the future, as they are cheaper to produce.
    What do you think about this? Will you stockpile?

This is horrible, no more overindulging in chocolate in the form it exist as today. I'm certainly thinking of stockpiling it and sell expensive later or keep it all for myself!

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you run out of something that regrows? Shortage sure. Ran out? no.
    Aye mate

Scare tactic story from people who want to make more money on their product. *shrug*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Just what I was thinking lol.

OT: No big deal, not a great fan of chocolate anyway.

As long as I can still have my cigars and scotch, I'm fine!

Deleted
    The more likely effect is thay chocolate prices will increase, causing more cocoa bean plantations to emerge.

Run out of chocolate? Ridiculous.

Sounds like sensationalist nonsense without a single source or reference in sight.

All we gonna see is prices go up. If there is demand there will always be supply.

Deleted
    Meh i prefer biscuits anyway, and i don't trust anything that "experts" have to say as most of the time it is BS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I wonder the same..

Deleted
    So... i'm going to be a cretin and have a chocolate bath, any hot girls want to join me?

(P.S, the article is reassuringly bullshit, don't worry) America won't run out... yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Scare tactic story from people who want to make more money on their product. *shrug*
    Yes... we must all be vigilant of falling beneath the sway of big corporate chocolate.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    So... i'm going to be a cretin and have a chocolate bath, any hot girls want to join me?

(P.S, the article is reassuringly bullshit, don't worry) America won't run out... yet
    I'd totally join if there's a chocolate bath. o.o

I suppose you chocolate addicts need to slow down, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I suppose you chocolate addicts need to slow down, eh?
    never! mmmm

oh no! stuff that makes ppl fat asses will be gone! what will we do?

next we will hear Mc Donalds is running out of hamburgers... oh noes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentii View Post
    oh no! stuff that makes ppl fat asses will be gone! what will we do?

next we will hear Mc Donalds is running out of hamburgers... oh noes!
    Eating chocolate doesn't make you fat, people eating to much chocolate makes them fat.

P.S I will have my chocolate fountain! I don't care if it causes the great chocolate famine of 2020!

Sounds like one of those the world is going to end. There will NEVER. i repeat NEVER not be chocolate. It grows. Im sure there will be people who will grow their own coco plants and there ya go. Shortage yes. But never run out
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Nooo.... I better keep the small piece near me and save it for ebay! Ah, screw it, I'm eating it.

That would suck though if a shortage drives the prices way up. The higher percent of coco, the less out of the average person's budget it is....

Deleted
    what the "Confectionery giants" relay are saying, we want to have a excuse raise the price or farmers have shift to more more profitable crops because we do not want to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Eating chocolate doesn't make you fat, people eating to much chocolate makes them fat.
    Yes, there is no such thing as a bad food only bad eating habits

Also annoyed at the use of run out instead of shortfall, wasn't there a big thing about this in the last decade also? Worldwide chocolate shortage because of bad growing seasons in the ivory coast and ghana. Time to invest in cocoa beans and what-have-you.