View Poll Results: How likely do you think it is that Heroes of the Storm is EXP 5?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Not at all.

    107 33.44%
  • 2 - I'm not discounting the possibility.

    90 28.13%
  • 3 - I'm uncertain, could go either way.

    75 23.44%
  • 4 - Very likely.

    28 8.75%
  • 5 - I am certain - it is the expansion.

    20 6.25%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    How am I arrogant? For arguing against arguments I feel are fallacious? For not giving in to groundless theories and wish-thinking?

    Next means next, not 'at some point'.
    "I found something in game that sounds somewhat similar to something I want to happen! FUCK EVERYTHING AGAINST IT CONFIRMED HALF LIFE THREE NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE"

    That's called arrogance. And while next does mean next, needing their help with something doesn't mean the Legion is next. Maybe they escape and warn people OF the Legion (A much better tie in to a legion expansion) during the next expansion, but I don't see it confirming the Legion, nor your Heroes of the Storm speculation, which has been debunked as you grasping at straws constantly.

    EDIT:: To add to that, we may also see more time related stuff that would involve them instead. Interesting how an isle outside the realm of time would appear all of a sudden, and in the very next expansion people who have been missing for ages are going to reappear. Lost in time, perhaps?
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2013-10-11 at 05:06 PM.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    "I found something in game that sounds somewhat similar to something I want to happen! FUCK EVERYTHING AGAINST IT CONFIRMED HALF LIFE THREE NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE"

    That's called arrogance. And while next does mean next, needing their help with something doesn't mean the Legion is next. Maybe they escape and warn people OF the Legion (A much better tie in to a legion expansion) during the next expansion, but I don't see it confirming the Legion, nor your Heroes of the Storm speculation, which has been debunked as you grasping at straws constantly.
    How fortunate, then, that I am not saying "I found something in game that sounds somewhat similar to something I want to happen! FUCK EVERYTHING AGAINST IT CONFIRMED HALF LIFE THREE NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE".

    My speculation, while not necessarily true (we shall see), makes sense and is always founded on plausible scenarios. The Legion is a Storm, and we are Heroes.

    I'm sure Blizzard are happy about no one understanding the messages behind anything they write. They've recently really been trying hard to build up us as the Heroes; having the Aspects step back and declare us the defenders of the world, calling it the age of mortals; also having Wrathion and Velen foreshadow an Army of Light to stand against the darkness; giving us Pandaria which is more or less one massive lecture on how to reach your ultimate potential and how to work together against a common foe.

    But no, let's keep pretending this is them all of a sudden going: 'Hang on... we just trademarked 'Blizzard All-Stars' 10 months ago, and we're really happy with the way it sets this game apart as Blizzard's MOBA. Also, it's definitely a competitive e-sports game for the PC. But oh well, let's rename it and re-design it around mobile, that'll catch those speculating fans off-guard! While we're at it, let's not trademark the expansion this year. No - I have it! Let's trademark is as 'The Dark Below', but then remove it again. Ha, that'll be sweet for business!'.
    Last edited by Mojo Risin; 2013-10-11 at 05:14 PM.
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

    Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    How fortunate, then, that I am not saying "I found something in game that sounds somewhat similar to something I want to happen! FUCK EVERYTHING AGAINST IT CONFIRMED HALF LIFE THREE NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE".

    My speculation, while not necessarily true (we shall see), makes sense and is always founded on plausible scenarios. The Legion is a Storm, and we are Heroes.

    I'm sure Blizzard are happy about no one understanding the messages behind anything they write. They've really been trying to build up us as the Heroes; having the Aspects declare us the defenders of the world, calling it the age of mortals; also having Wrathion and Velen foreshadow an Army of Light to stand against the darkness; giving us Pandaria which is more or less one massive lecture on how to reach your ultimate potential and work together against a united foe.

    But no, let's keep pretending this is them all of a sudden going: 'Hang on... we just trademarked this game 10 months ago, and we're really happy with the way it sets this game apart as Blizzard's MOBA. Also, it's definitely an e-sports game for the PC. But oh well, let's rename it and re-design it around mobile, that'll catch those speculating fans off-guard!'.
    You mean like Hearthstone vs. Trading Card Game?

    Let me grab you a quote, from this thread no less, on the very first page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Believe me, I'll be there with a 'called it' topic and gloat.
    Tell me again how you're not saying it's absolutely happening. And how about you read my post from the page before this one, where I disprove the whole first post of this thread in a total of two paragraphs which you've conveniently ignored while continuing to spout nonsense acting like you're making a point.

    As for the 'storm', a Blizzard is a storm, and conveniently their company is named Blizzard. They've created many, many heroes as of late which are considered much more heroic than our characters. Heroes of the Storm as a MOBA makes just as much sense as your expansion reasoning, if not moreso as the Legion is also an army, a swath, a plague, and many other different descriptions.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2013-10-11 at 05:18 PM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    No source, no credibility.

    Me: So TDB is the next expansion
    Metzen: Yep, I can confirm that today.

    Looks like Metzen confirmed TDB.

    Lol you are so dense and dumb. Yeah because "of" and "the" are similar to words like Heroes and Storm.
    Seriously Bill .... you just be trollin' at this point. Tens of thousands of people watched that launch event and it's just fact that Metzen did say that we would need them for what's next. Your attitude is terrible.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    While we're at it, let's not trademark the expansion this year. No - I have it! Let's trademark is as 'The Dark Below', but then remove it again. Ha, that'll be sweet for business!'.
    Did I ever say I support The Dark Below? I consider all expansion speculation good until proven false. There is nothing confirming either expansion idea, but even the 'proof' that the Legion expansion is next suggests there is time between that would need to be filled. Enough time, even, for another expansion. I could be wrong, but I feel there's enough time to fit in an expansion finishing the troubles at home before we take the fight to what is essentially considered the penultimate bad in the game.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Seriously Bill .... you just be trollin' at this point. Tens of thousands of people watched that launch event and it's just fact that Metzen did say that we would need them for what's next. Your attitude is terrible.
    No the people spreading this bullshit are the real trolls. You guys are terrible, and that gloat topic you think you'll have won't come true.

    And guess what: Heroes also could mean heroes blizzard has created, and Storm literally is what a blizzard is. Put it together now. Heroes of Blizzard, with no the because this makes more sense with these words. It's a play on words and of course everyone wants to believe it's the shitty legion.

    Blizzard really fucked a lot of things up with that Welfare Legendary quest line.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

  7. #127
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,715
    Welfare
    I don't think it means what you think it means.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think it means what you think it means.
    No, it's a welfare legendary. You can do it in LFR, which you can afk. You must do leveling difficulty quests to do rest.

    Only requires time. It's spot on. Don't change the topic though.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    No the people spreading this bullshit are the real trolls. You guys are terrible
    I'll stop you right there. I have never said anything claiming ITS FOR SURE THE NEXT EXPAC. I've repeatedly said this is for FUN, people like to talk about this speculation for FUN, and everyone is allowed to disagree. You however have been spanning multiple threads ridiculing everyone who doesn't share your opinion and stooping to name-calling and insulting the intelligence of others.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    I'll stop you right there. I have never said anything claiming ITS FOR SURE THE NEXT EXPAC. I've repeatedly said this is for FUN, people like to talk about this speculation for FUN, and everyone is allowed to disagree. You however have been spanning multiple threads ridiculing everyone who doesn't share your opinion and stooping to name-calling and insulting the intelligence of others.
    I have not seen this is for fun anywhere. I have seen "Heroes of the Storm is the next wow xpac."

    Yeah I'm going to insult people, it's the only way to make people understand these days on the Internet. You guys wouldn't be arguing in person.

    "No one knows that you're a dog behind a computer."
    If you don't understand what this quote means, then there's no hope for those who don't get it.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

  11. #131
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    No, it's a welfare legendary. You can do it in LFR, which you can afk. You must do leveling difficulty quests to do rest.

    Only requires time. It's spot on. Don't change the topic though.
    Don't bring up words that you can't use properly then.

    Yeah I'm going to insult people, it's the only way to make people understand these days on the Internet. You guys wouldn't be arguing in person.
    Ad homieums don't make your arguments stronger.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Don't bring up words that you can't use properly then.



    Ad homieums don't make your arguments stronger.
    Was used properly. Explain how it was used wrongly then.

    I'm not arguing, I'm trying to make some people realize how wrong they are. It doesn't make anything I say wrong.

    Inb4 yes it does because I think I know what I'm talking about
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I have not seen this is for fun anywhere. I have seen "Heroes of the Storm is the next wow xpac."

    Yeah I'm going to insult people, it's the only way to make people understand these days on the Internet. You guys wouldn't be arguing in person.
    Then you have selective vision. Actually, based on your posts and your attitude, you are the one arguing. Your insulting people will not make them "understand" as you put it. I really think what you want is for everyone to agree with you 100% definitely about SPECULATION which in and of itself is just silly and pointless.

    SOME people are saying "yes for sure its the next expac", I am not one of them, and SOME of us want to enjoy the excitement and anticipation that comes along with a looming expansion announcement by speculating what it could be and trying to infer from the minimal hints and clues we have what to expect.

    Here's the thing... NO ONE KNOWS. I do not know, YOU DO NOT KNOW, everyone is guessing and all you are accomplishing is injecting conflict and belittlement where there is no need for it.

  14. #134
    The less Pandas the next expansion has the better.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Then you have selective vision. Actually, based on your posts and your attitude, you are the one arguing. Your insulting people will not make them "understand" as you put it. I really think what you want is for everyone to agree with you 100% definitely about SPECULATION which in and of itself is just silly and pointless.

    SOME people are saying "yes for sure its the next expac", I am not one of them, and SOME of us want to enjoy the excitement and anticipation that comes along with a looming expansion announcement by speculating what it could be and trying to infer from the minimal hints and clues we have what to expect.

    Here's the thing... NO ONE KNOWS. I do not know, YOU DO NOT KNOW, everyone is guessing and all you are accomplishing is injecting conflict and belittlement where there is no need for it.
    No one knew for sure evolution was 100% true when it first came out, but guess what, it had facts and theory's, backed up by facts/hints. Some people knew that evolution was real, then others sticked too we can't have evolved from monkeys. They just didn't want to believe it due to religion and some other small things.

    Now people claiming that Heroes of the Storm is the next expansion have no solid theory's or hints/facts to back them up.

    All you have is Wrathion stating the legion will return in the welfare legendary questline, which he gave no indication for when, a stretch that the name means the legion, and it even breaks the theory of expansion hinting cycle that hasn't been wrong so far. Also that the two missing heroes will return next expansion, which I have not seen said by Metzen in a video yet. You want to believe it's the legion, just like people didn't want to believe that humans evolved from Monkeys and other primates.

    Now I have theory's and hints that back up my argument. I can post them again if you want because I know you'll ask for them.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

  16. #136
    i find the entire "heroez of teh storms" concept a bit lame, and your opening post did not really impress me much.

    good effort tho, but i would be very disappointed if "heroez" is the next wow expansion.

  17. #137
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,203
    Stop with the personal attacks.

  18. #138
    Not that I'm the one who mentioned this interview in the first place, but just so it can stop being a point of contention, this video has the audio of Metzen talking about Alleria at about 9:30.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JhX-dfCLyA

    You're welcome =]

  19. #139
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    I'm trying to remember and I don't think the MoP debate ever got this personal.

    We had people thinking it'd be Pandaria, and others thinking it was the Kvaldir, and some saying Azshara and that MoP was a hoax.

    But this.... why is it the BC2 fanatics have latched so hard onto Heroes of the Storm as to be unable to see the probability that it has nothing to do with WoW?

    The thing is trademarked for mobile platforms!
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Not that I'm the one who mentioned this interview in the first place, but just so it can stop being a point of contention, this video has the audio of Metzen talking about Alleria at about 9:30.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JhX-dfCLyA

    You're welcome =]
    Appreciate the link, cheers!
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

    Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •