Thread: T90 and Garrosh

Deleted

T90 and Garrosh

Going through the Forum i see most Hunters say "Use Barrage for Garrosh" . I dont know but i still use Gelve toss there . Only in p1 you use aoe skills and perhaps in one of the little phased phases O.o in everything else is ST on garrosh?? am i mistaken????

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll use barrage for heroic to break the mindcontrol faster. Normal mode i would go with glave.

Hunter - Monk - Warlock - Shaman - Paladin
    <Immersion> - Alliance 25 man guild @ Frostmane Stream

Barrage doesn't do more damage even if it is AoE, Barrage only does more damage if it hits more targets than Glaive Toss would.

Maybe my question fits here. Then doing aoe in p1, should I keep spaming multishots with thrill of the hunt proccs, or use barrage over multishot. And does this even depend on spec (BM or SV)?

For example with BM, using bestial wrath and just spaming mutlishot feels better for me than using barrage. But I don't really have numbers.
    Last edited by mordas; 2013-10-08 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mordas View Post
    Maybe my question fits here. Then doing aoe in p1, should I keep spaming multishots with thrill of the hunt proccs, or use barrage over multishot. And does this even depend on spec (BM or SV)?

For example with BM, using bestial wrath and just spaming mutlishot feels better for me than using barrage. But I don't really have numbers.
    as bm you dont spam multishot. as bm you use multishot then 1 or 2 arcane ( depends on toth or fervor) refresh bc with multishot and get new focus.

im on engineer duty so i just use one multishot (as sv) go kill the engineer , dot the axe , one multishot and the adds are down , because of our 2 warries completly escalating on the adds.

As survival and T16 2piece you can use barrage + rapid fire on CD. Yeah not always both will be up at same time, but you can hold on barrage 2-6seconds and shoot it right after use of rapid fire. Also Barrage uses weapon damage and GT attack power. So with better weapon (normal WF/Heroic upgraded) barrage could be a winner on any fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaw View Post
    as bm you dont spam multishot. as bm you use multishot then 1 or 2 arcane ( depends on toth or fervor) refresh bc with multishot and get new focus.
    If there's enough targets to make using Multi-shot better than Arcane in the first place why would you go back to using Arcane, especially considering the difference in cost between them is negligible. The only time you'd use anything else is when there aren't enough targets to give Multi-shot a higher DPET than Kill Command.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If there's enough targets to make using Multi-shot better than Arcane in the first place why would you go back to using Arcane, especially considering the difference in cost between them is negligible. The only time you'd use anything else is when there aren't enough targets to give Multi-shot a higher DPET than Kill Command.
    You pray to the RNG gods you get some convenient cobra strike procs to boost beast cleave damage.
    Not sure which is better though, as long as beast cleave is up 100% of the time I don't think the difference is too great.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaw View Post
    Going through the Forum i see most Hunters say "Use Barrage for Garrosh" . I dont know but i still use Gelve toss there . Only in p1 you use aoe skills and perhaps in one of the little phased phases O.o in everything else is ST on garrosh?? am i mistaken????
    I would take the deciscion after looking at your team comp. Like if you're running with Ele Shammy or other strong AoE classes, I'd consider going with Glaive Toss. Cause if you're 6 people speccing for AoE just for P1, then it seems a lil' overkill. Better to not gimp your single target dps later in the fight where you will need it.

If it shows that you really lack some AoE for it, you could spec into Barrage and check out how it goes.

That's how I like to look at it atleast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    I would take the deciscion after looking at your team comp. Like if you're running with Ele Shammy or other strong AoE classes, I'd consider going with Glaive Toss. Cause if you're 6 people speccing for AoE just for P1, then it seems a lil' overkill. Better to not gimp your single target dps later in the fight where you will need it.

If it shows that you really lack some AoE for it, you could spec into Barrage and check out how it goes.

That's how I like to look at it atleast.
    well im raiding 25man and the aoe is not a problem^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspeaker View Post
    You pray to the RNG gods you get some convenient cobra strike procs to boost beast cleave damage.
    Not sure which is better though, as long as beast cleave is up 100% of the time I don't think the difference is too great.
    still depending on the targets sometimes you better off spamming multishot. for less than 6 targets im sure you do that, put out beast cleave, cast 1-2 cobra shot, fill the gaps with KC and arcane shot not just arcane shot while keeping Beast Cleave up.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've played around with both Barrage and GT for 25N. Looking at total dmg done over the whole fight, they seem about equal to me. It feels like Barrage should be superior, but so far that's not what the numbers have shown me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I've played around with both Barrage and GT for 25N. Looking at total dmg done over the whole fight, they seem about equal to me. It feels like Barrage should be superior, but so far that's not what the numbers have shown me.
    I posted it in the second reply to this thread but apparently everyone missed it. Barrage and GT have their damage calculated in exactly the same way. Barrage only does more damage if it hits more targets from the larger spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I posted it in the second reply to this thread but apparently everyone missed it. Barrage and GT have their damage calculated in exactly the same way. Barrage only does more damage if it hits more targets from the larger spread.
    Actually no. GT does 4x damage to current target compared to others around it and Barrage does 2x the damage to current compared to others. So the more targets, the better Barrage is when AoEing is concerned. GT is still the best for single-target, albeit slightly, but is still easier to use.

Barrage is also more reliable during AoE, if mobs are even slightly spread, GT won't hit them all. Also Barrage scales better than GT because the more gear you get = the faster the cast time is. Also with 2pc+AoC you are more likely to line up Barrage and RF, thus the benefit is even greater.