priest hit rating

If I pvp as disc do I want hit rating? I'm pretty sure divine fury doesn't include psychic scream, other sources say it does but I feel like I've missed my fears with no hit. Can someone clear this up for me please?

Quote Originally Posted by very potatoes View Post
    If I pvp as disc do I want hit rating? I'm pretty sure divine fury doesn't include psychic scream, other sources say it does but I feel like I've missed my fears with no hit. Can someone clear this up for me please?
    Despite what the tooltip says DF gives 15% hit for any spells.

The restriction to only those spells stated was never implemented (needlessly complicated) and didn't make much sense anyway, as it would make disc require another source of hit to make use of their other spells.

The wording of the tooltip stems from an outdated design idea of the priest class - of having two spell schools (holy and shadow, night elfs also had arcane at one time), and three classes of spells (discipline, holy and shadow; for example: PW:S is a spell of the holy school, but of the discipline part of the repertoir, thus it could be cast in shadow form while FH could not).
    Both of those are still around but effectively invisible and unintuitive to newer players since the ordering of spells in the spellbook was changed. Therefore we got those ridicoulously long lists of spells to mimic that ordering and documenting it somewhere ingame. They will get rid of it eventually, I'm sure. While it added dept, it also added a form of complexity they slowly phase out of the game.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2013-10-08 at 08:54 AM.

but I feel like I'm missing every once in a while. Blizzard needs to fix this tooltip to say what it means cause I'm still not sure

It applies flat 15% hit, as can be seen in the stats in the character screen.
    I never missed once in raids with that talent with any spell.
    Maybe those misses are actually resists? I think those might still be around in pvp? Last time I actually cared for pvp there was that spell penetration enchant for cloaks, still.
    That might help if it sill exists, but spell hit? I doupt it.

As others have said. there is a hit cap bonus so you will never miss with any of your spells.
    that said there might be resists or Immune for fear in general. like warriors who can not be feared in certain cases
    this can also apply for other classes.

Bow i don't pvp but i`m fairly sure it is something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.