Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    I don't really understand the Oscars and Emmys and shit, I know lets have a big award ceremony to pat ourselves on the back lol...Where is the annual nursing awards etc? you know the real important people.
    To pat us? It pats the movies. It encourages good movies that are more than just "crow pleasers" and spectacles. Many movies in the Oscar season wouldn't happen without the Academy Awards. It also rewards good media producers and actors, giving them attention and job-offers, and inspiring people to do their best to win awards for their efforts too.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-10-09 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    To pat us? It pats the movies. It encourages good movies that are more than just "crow pleasers" and spectacles. Many movies in the Oscar season wouldn't happen without the Academy Awards. It also rewards good media producers and actors, giving them attention and job-offers, and inspiring people to do their best to win awards for their efforts too.
    Or movies are all about investors making shit tons of cash for the investment they make?

I'm not complaining as movies are one of my favourite things to spend some free time on but I really don't see the need to award each other for doing the job they love doing.

Imagine having an annual binman award or annual window cleaner awards.. it is silly..

15+ Year Old Account
    On the surface it shouldn't matter. If you enjoy something then who cares what others think.

Then again, if a movie you like or a genre you like becomes successful then you're more likely to see those films in the future. Look at comic book movies in the past 8 years.

Granted they don't win a lot of Oscars though. Although, if you like The Hobbit, you can thank the groundwork laid by the LOTR series. No way any studio would make 3 feature length films about one children's book if it didn't win a tonne of awards and rake in billions.

If everyone hates my favorite movie it reduces the chance of similar movies being made.

Say I really enjoy a movie that's about a killer robot that turns peaceful and helps society, but nobody else likes it, a sequel is definitely out, plus movies that have a similar concept won't happen. So it matters because it impacts what movies will be made in the future.

Personally, I hate movies, so couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If everyone hates my favorite movie it reduces the chance of similar movies being made.

Say I really enjoy a movie that's about a killer robot that turns peaceful and helps society, but nobody else likes it, a sequel is definitely out, plus movies that have a similar concept won't happen. So it matters because it impacts what movies will be made in the future.

Personally, I hate movies, so couldn't care less.
    You hate movies? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-