Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vanilla > TBC > WOTLK > CATA > MOP... yeah its getting worse :P.

Vanilla > TBC > WotLK > Cata > MoP

Yeah, I'm that guy.

wotlk >= tbc >> Cata >>>> Vanilla = Mop

wotlk was the sweetspot imho, the game was less time consuming but still retain it's soul, the lore was rock solid, the zones were beautifull. Cata started brutal and ended like playing in retard mode, and in mop blizzard has removed the last thing good that remained from wotlk plus it was based on a shitty lore about garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Like Kerdoz said people judge the entirety of Cataclysm based on Dragon Soul alone, but I don't really blame them it was out for a while. It did however seem like there was an awful lot of complaining on the forums throughout the entirety of Cataclysm; but seeing as that's what people do on the forums it has probably always been that way.

People also base all of Wotlk on Ulduar and Icecrown citadel but they forget about the mind numbing heroics, easily obtainable epics (Wotlk was where it started), Trial of the Crusader, and the Naxxramus rehash (which I thought was fun since I was very casual back then). Wotlk was easily the worst expansion when it comes to raiding.

Being an active reader of both the Mmochampion and battlenet forums it seems to me that there are more hardcore and semi hardcore raiders on the Mmochampion forum, which makes me wonder why so many people put Wotlk as the pinnacle of their enjoyment.

TBC>Wotlk> MOP> Vanilla > Cata

Wotlk -> MoP -> BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    WOTLK = TBC > Vanilla > Cata > MoP

People tend to judge whole Cataclysm based on Dragon Soul patch.. I think it was a great expansion untill then.
    Not everyone judges it solely on Dragon Soul. Dragon Soul was just the turd-covered "cherry" on the shit-cake that was the entirety of Cataclysm expansion. The expansion was terrible from the beginning. The heroics were overtuned for a group of completely random people when using the LFD tool, which people seem to forget in their clouded vision. The heroics would have been fine if LFD never existed. It's the same with wanting LFR to be harder.

And on a more personal take, Cataclysm destroyed my guild that had been around since 1 month before the 2nd WoW anniversary (those of us left will celebrate our 7th anniversary in about 10 days). Before Cataclysm, there would always be 10 people (minimum) from 8am-midnight (my timezone). Cataclsym happened, 3 people would be online 8am-2pm, and maybe 7 people online 2pm-12am. Unless it was raid night, and we might have 12. Until Firelands, when we couldn't even make a guild group, as there wasn't the people to even make a full guild 5-man dungeon group. This expansion, I think the most people I have seen online at once was 6 people.

As for me, overall fun (guild death not-withstanding), I would say Wrath > Pandaria > TBC. Cataclysm doesn't even factor in. The ONLY good thing from that shit-filled expansion is the worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Like Kerdoz said people judge the entirety of Cataclysm based on Dragon Soul alone, but I don't really blame them it was out for a while. It did however seem like there was an awful lot of complaining on the forums throughout the entirety of Cataclysm; but seeing as that's what people do on the forums it has probably always been that way.

People also base all of Wotlk on Ulduar and Icecrown citadel but they forget about the mind numbing heroics, easily obtainable epics (Wotlk was where it started), Trial of the Crusader, and the Naxxramus rehash (which I thought was fun since I was very casual back then). Wotlk was easily the worst expansion when it comes to raiding.

Being an active reader of both the Mmochampion and battlenet forums it seems to me that there are more hardcore and semi hardcore raiders on the Mmochampion forum, which makes me wonder why so many people put Wotlk as the pinnacle of their enjoyment.
    People base all of WotLK on Ulduar. Icecrown Citadel was serious burnout, and was out as long as Dragon Soul with the joke of Ruby Sanctum the only reprieve (which it wasnt).

Most of the complaining on the Cataclysm forums was from Wrathbabys who wanted to go back to AoE spam dungeons. Unfortunately in the end, all the subs built up in Wrath were lost and Blizzard gave into LFR.

Take somebody from TBC and see how much they complained about Cataclysm prior to Dragon Soul. Take somebody from Wrath. People are fine with what they started with. Those from TBC, and I mean seriously played during TBC not pugged 2 bosses in KZ, could find fault with Mists and Wrath's difficulties. Those who started in Wrath couldnt stand the difficulty of Cataclysm.

Vanilla is a whole other story, but generally vanilla lovers get shut down quickly with the massive faults in all parts of the game.

Deleted
    I've been playing since 2005 and my favourite x-pac is WotLK. I played TBC first 6 months from its release, then I had a 1 year break (personal reasons) and then when I got back WoW Lich king was released 3 months later..... that's why I can't really rank TBC at all.
    Back to topic: I find hard to rank MoP. I feel I pre-judged MoP, when it was releaved that content would spin around pandarens and I kinda thought that Blizzard tried too obviously to break into Asian market. Technically it has been propably the best expansion so far (graphics, talent design, game mechnics etc etc...) but the themes and content (to me) have been worst with Catac. I just don't like pandaren/asian themes in WoW (I just happen to like them otherwise), tho I have to admit that sceneries were/are very good looking. So 1. WotLK > TBC, Catac, MoP

Deleted
    Vanilla>Tbc>Wotlk>Mop>Cata

Vanilla not really an expansion but that was the period when Blizzard were truly creative. Same for TBC and then things started going pear shape in wotlk, many turned up and records were attained but the slump was about to start when they caved in too much and lost their direction.

I am hoping for them to be back on track soon. I also hope I never ever have to step into Pandaria again.

10+ Year Old Account
    As somone asked on official forums, here are my grades for the expansion
    TBC: B-
    WOTLK: A-
    CATA: B-
    MOP: A

WotLK > MoP > TBC >>>> Cata

WotLK just felt awesome for me, and the LK fight was something I was seriously looking forward to, gameplay wise MoP wins easily but for me WotLK was the best.

- - - Updated - - -

While T11 was ok (the raids were pretty short and bland though), t12 has 6 absolute shit bosses and 1 good boss - nothing in it was worth mentioning. I enjoyed the heroics at the start of the expansion too, but that's not enough for it to be higher than the other ones for me tbh :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    WOTLK = TBC > Vanilla > Cata > MoP

People tend to judge whole Cataclysm based on Dragon Soul patch.. I think it was a great expansion untill then.
    Back in Cata, people liked to base WotLK on the length Icecrown Citadel only, seems it has been changed now.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP > Cata > WotLK > TBC = Vanilla

I kinda liked Cataclysm, even though the raiding was dull and awful, I enjoyed leveling characters and the lore was A-OK. Lore in this expansion was excellent and I absolutely loved it. Wrath was meh imo, I didn't really enjoy ICC and I can't stand Ulduar. TBC and Vanilla were sorta mashed together for me, and I did not enjoy it at all. I quit the most during Wrath and TBC/Vanilla. I quit early on in Cata, lasted for about a few weeks. I haven't quit in MoP (unless you count taking breaks quitting...) and I don't plan to until my guild has pwned Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOTLK>MoP>Cata>TBC for me.

I have little to no experience with TBC as I only started playing late TBC, and reached level 70 a few weeks after Isle of Quel'Dnas(However it's spelt) came out.

WOTLK was my most memorable time in WoW because of the group of people I played with. We were all friends, and done a lot of organized stuff together. Granted I was a lot worse of a player than I am now, it was the most fun I've had. Only negative thing I have to say about WOTLK is that ICC was out for too long, which Blizzard seem to have fixed .
    MoP is my second favourite expansion because I enjoy the raiding a lot more than Cata.
    Cata is my third favourite because that's when I met a new bunch of people that I really have fun playing WoW with.

No cata was a fail from the very start: annouced futures scrapped , only five new level, few zones that feel disjoined, overtuned dungeons and raid, reashed zul aman and zul gurub, rushed fireland and scrapped abissal maw and the cherry on the pie was DS.
    Mop take tha worst from cata , only five level again, only an handfull of dungeons forcing players to level in the only available questing path, no rep tabard and a crazy number of reps with an even more crazy number of dailies, alt unfriendly, garrosh story.
    Also wotlk introduced 10 man raid size without destroying 25 man, cata and mop ruined it.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2013-10-08 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

In terms of levelling and zones and overall fun?

TBC > Cata > WotLk > MoP

Vanilla >> WotLK >> BC >> MoP >> Cata

I'd hate to sound cliche about vanilla WoW but I just can't let go of those memories, I built real bonds with people, I actually had feelings for my guildies. That made the game a lot more powerful for me.

Deleted
    TBC > WOTLK > MOP > Vanilla > Cata
    Pretty much middle of the road, Mainly because during TBC I was pushing end game content as hard as possible, WOTLK allowed both 10 and 25 man raiding and I weird and enjoyed doing ICC multiple times on multiple chars.

Vanilla is only better than Cata, because lets face it Cataclysm was a fucking disaster for end game players,

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    TBC > WOTLK > MOP > Vanilla > Cata
    Pretty much middle of the road, Mainly because during TBC I was pushing end game content as hard as possible, WOTLK allowed both 10 and 25 man raiding and I weird and enjoyed doing ICC multiple times on multiple chars.

Vanilla is only better than Cata, because lets face it 4.3 was a fucking disaster for end game players,
    FTFY, or are you saying Sinestra wasnt fun?