View Poll Results: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Voters
1509. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Burning Crusade

377 24.98%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

631 41.82%
  • Cataclysm

56 3.71%
  • Mists of Pandaria

445 29.49%
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Usually I see hunters getting 10%+ from cloak and 8-10% from the gem, then the significant stat increase of the cloak on top. At work so don't have time to find a log. Just looked (very quickly) for one to get the point across on iron juggernaut:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f3...200#Unbeatably

Edit: Realized bad example due to BM. You should be able to find the same results with survival though from my experience.

It's more like 7% from the cloak, maybe 3-5% from the meta and that's if you max it out. Now that's on single target cuz that proc is nuts for packs of mobs. Also, the stat increase isn't much at all from the one you had right before it which had a 600IL and could be upgraded to 608 with identical stats as the legendary, just without the procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Amusing how Wrath is in the lead, considering all I recall hearing back then was how badly it sucked. I wonder if MoP will surpass Wrath in votes once the next expansion is in full swing.

MoP > BC > Wrath > Cataclysm.
    To me, WotLK will always be the expansion when MMO - Champion forums kicked into full gear. That is when it became really active and the old timers from TBC clashed with the new generation. Yes, there was a lot of hate for "Wrath of the casual king" - but I could always find something to enjoy in every x-pac

It kinda dawns on me:
    In every other forum, people fight which GAME they prefer. Only in WoW, people flame, hate and are at each other's throat about what X-PAC is the best

Pathetic? You judge
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

WOTLK>MOP>>>>Burning Crusade>Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    This is exactly what I was talking about. People with clouded vision. People who can't seem to wrap their heads around the LFD tool and why the increased difficulty and requirement for crowd control was a bad idea. If the random dungeon finder was never implemented, then the increased difficulty for Cataclysm heroics wouldn't have been as terrible. But we had the random dungeon finder tool, which brings about idiots and groups them together with other idiots. And idiots + difficulty increase =/= a good time.
    No, it is actually that:

One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-why-the-hate/

Yup..will keep shoving that down ppls throat for great justice. Actually probably time to change that old sig
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    So, in short: the internet.

TBC > MoP > Wrath > Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Wrath was the least grindiest, alt friendliest, and most available expac.
    Reading the forums in Wotlk I remember a lot of people saying "It's just retarded how you can get into end game raiding a day after hitting level 80, Blizzard is just giving out free epics and so on and so forth" It's really funny how things have changed lol; does anybody else remember this?
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-10-09 at 01:31 AM.

Dreadlord
    TBC --> MoP --> Wrath ---------------------> Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    I think MoP would have been a lot better if Cataclysm didn't exist.

Cataclysm did a lot of irreversible things to the game, to which the game still suffers, ilvl is a big offender here.
    I think that's one of the reasons why Blizzard chose to keep increasing ilvl so expontentially this expansion as well, so we as players would beg for an ilvlsquish after this expansion.

CC, and tools in general need to be reduced for each class. There are some defensive cooldowns that are way too powerful (in PvP, and some extent PvE) This can be partially blamed on Cataclysm, which introduced a fuckton of spells and mechanics that weren't needed. MoP had it's share of unneccessary skills as well. Self heals mostly.
    Ilvls existed since vanilla (it just wasn't shown in game), and guess what? it was exponential since vanilla too

BC > Rest, disgusting to see most expansions overrated with the single exception of cataclysm

But, i guess there are almost no pvp players that enjoy a bit of raiding, too here. BC was the last time when BGs were fun and each class was specialized and couldn't do everything another class does. Rogues couldn't heal at all for example...but were still totally deadly. The other expansions merely improved raids and QoL. Also i prefere Outland over all other zones ever implemented, it had a long lore history and it was different.

Gameplay wise its MOP>TBC>WOTLK>CATA

For story and immersion its WOTLK>TBC>CATA>MOP

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

wrath>mop>bc>cata>vanilla

started in vanilla. got hacked and banned. restarted in mid bc.

This thread is a bag of mix feelings. Most people are just expressing their opinions and know what they are saying are opinions, then there are others who seem to think they are right. It's really silly how people change in discussion when the topic is "ranking a expansion".

Started a few weeks into Vanilla, Raided / PvP'd all the way through Vanilla till the end off TBC in high ranked Oceanic guilds. I did not experience Wrath due to work. I started playing again in early Cata and have been playing for short periods here and there just to catch up with old friends and to keep up with lore since I have no time anymore.

TBC > Vanillla will always be my golden years of memories for WoW since it was new and I was young with plenty of time on hands. > Cata > Wotlk > MoP

BC > WOTLK > MOP > Cata

It's really a toss up between WOTLK and MOP. I enjoyed both but I had abit more fun in WOTLK in general over MOP.

Cata sucked. Seriously, they should have just never made it.

Tbc > vanilla >>> wotlk >>>>>>>> swtor > cata >>> gw2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mop = brussel sprouts

Wotlk > MOP > TBC > Vanilla > Cata

The only reason wotlk wins is because it didnt have those infernal single lockout for 10 and 25 mans, when it comes to bossmechanics and talents I prefer mop.

Íf Cata is so bad they should remove all the features Cata ever gave us, like the massive 1-60 revamp.

Now go level your alt and don't you dare say leveling is tedious because that's how you like it, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Íf Cata is so bad they should remove all the features Cata ever gave us, like the massive 1-60 revamp.

Now go level your alt and don't you dare say leveling is tedious because that's how you like it, isn't it?
    I level purely via dungeons, I dont set foot in the world since cata, its still a tedious thing to do, but I might give it a go at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Oo what is this? Have you even tried challenge modes?
    Challenge modes are a joke compared to the old TBC heroic 5 mans or even the Cataclysm heroic 5 mans at launch. Challenge modes are nothing more than speed runs that can be cheesed and offer no replay value after you get your gold once. The challenge should be finishing the instance, not finishing it in 10 mins.

In short; Challenge modes were a fail.

TBC > Wrath > MoP > Cata