View Poll Results: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Voters
1509. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Burning Crusade

    377 24.98%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

    631 41.82%
  • Cataclysm

    56 3.71%
  • Mists of Pandaria

    445 29.49%
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Raid wise : TBC>MOP>WOTLK>Vanilla>Cata
    overall experience and stuff to do : MOP>WOTLK>TBC>Vanilla>Cata
    green is the color!

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Do you not see the poll above the thread? What is beating TBC?
    WOTLK had a much larger playerbase, to be fair.

    For example, I played WOTLK, but no TBC, so I voted WOTLK, despite hearing how good TBC was.

    Peeps that didnt play TBC probably wont vote for it.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    WOTLK had a much larger playerbase, to be fair.

    For example, I played WOTLK, but no TBC, so I voted WOTLK, despite hearing how good TBC was.

    Peeps that didnt play TBC probably wont vote for it.
    That's besides the point. Not moments ago you just said TBC would win by a landslide. Now you're just making up excuses.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That's besides the point. Not moments ago you just said TBC would win by a landslide. Now you're just making up excuses.
    Wat? This isnt a WOTLK vs TBC poll.

    And WOTLK had a MUCH larger playerbase... how is that an excuse? It's a very important variable... TBC lunched with half of WoWs max playerbase.

    Would you vote for a game you never played? Use your head for a minute.

    It isn't beside the point.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-10-09 at 08:43 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

  5. #445
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Wat? This isnt a WOTLK vs TBC poll.

    And WOTLK had a MUCH larger playerbase... how is that an excuse? It's a very important variable...

    Would you vote for a game you never played? Use your head for a minute.

    It isn't beside the point.
    To be fair, haters and trolls do that all the time to bash their current most hasted expansion.

    And there are LOTS of them in here .

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And this is the essence of why I think MoP is a bad expansion. You don't get your playerbase used to NOT grinding things for the past 4 years/2 expansions and then all of a sudden attempt to bring grinding back nearly to the level it was in tBC.
    It was not even remotely at TBC levels. And I had 4 90s in the first month after launch all of them raid ready.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Wat? This isnt a WOTLK vs TBC poll.

    And WOTLK had a MUCH larger playerbase... how is that an excuse? It's a very important variable... TBC lunched with half of WoWs max playerbase.

    Would you vote for a game you never played? Use your head for a minute.

    It isn't beside the point.
    It doesn't matter if this is a TBC vs. Wrath vs. Cata vs. MoP. You said TBC would win in a landslide and that was shown to be complete bullshit. Use your head for once. If TBC would win in a landslide in a thread about "TBC vs. Wrath" then it should win in any thread.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  8. #448
    Im not a lore fanboy so id say Mop>TBC>cata>wotlk

  9. #449
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It was not even remotely at TBC levels. And I had 4 90s in the first month after launch all of them raid ready.
    It's a regression and a fucking terrible unnecessary one.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #450
    MoP > Wotlk > TBC > Classic >>>>>> Cata.

    Fantastic job with MoP, first it was one step back, then two steps forward.

  11. #451
    High Overlord cybernoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    133
    TL;DR World/Immersion: TBC > WotLK > Vanilla > Cata > MoP
    Mechanics/gameplay features/things to do: MoP > Cata > WotLK > TBC > Vanilla.

    I started playing a little after Naxx40 was released (never got to see it though - why on earth
    did they break the Frozen Runes quest chain in the WotLK version is beyond me -_-).

    I call myself "casual" yet the single wish I have for World of Warcraft PVE is for it to be brought
    back to the days before LFD/LFR. The community was alive, realm rep was a thing and you had to
    work for it, no silent dungeon groups, no "[Raid]: U RETARD" wipes, you had to commit time and
    effort just to run a 5-man. The world wasn't trivial to get around, and I still believe flying
    everywhere breaks world immersion -- Might as well give us a pet NPC that makes portals to
    everywhere, instantly and freely. In fact one of the most enjoyable solo, long-term grinds for
    me was pre-Cata Loremaster.

    Regarding raids, I was almost always in a 10-man guild. The scarcity of TBC 25 man experience
    for me created such a heightened anticipation for MH/SSC and BT, and when I finally got to pug
    them, it was so original and immersive, a feeling that rivalled doing Ulduar and ICC hardmodes in
    the expansion after. It made sense not to see the content, because it was something you had to
    work for to get there.

    I know it's not going back there anytime soon and I'll probably keep on playing... just saying :-)
    Noxaeterna | Gigglebounce | Rabbia | Bealtaine | Närya | Praana | Khasra =///=
    ---+--- BOSS +++++++ Being unique doesn't make you special

  12. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by Metak View Post
    Remember when WotLK was released and 'everyone' thought TBC was so much better?
    I'm not so sure what you want to tell us. When wotlk was released, TBC was so much better. The initial raids were crap, and there were hardly new features. But that changed over the course of the expansion, with features like lfg, the changed badge system, heirlooms, and raids like Ulduar and ICC.

    But this time we really have a combobreaker - usually the current expansion is viewn as the worst, but it seems MoP gets a honorable second place. So it looks like Blizzard did more right than wrong this time.

  13. #453
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,903
    Wrath has won every single one of these kind of polls, i dont expect anything different from this one...

  14. #454
    As expected Wrath is very popular, but Mists is 2nd.

    Those poor Cata designers, seeing a poll like this must break their badly-designing hearts :/

  15. #455
    Field Marshal inkberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    69
    wotlk > tbc > mop > vanilla > cata

    MoP would be #1 if pvp wasn't LITERALLY THE WORST it's ever been from the get-go of the expansion.

  16. #456
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Wrath has won every single one of these kind of polls, i dont expect anything different from this one...
    It never won 2+ years ago, just saying. It's likely due to so many of the old playerbase no longer playing, look how many people even in the posts haven't played pre-wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  17. #457
    TBC >= WOTLK > Vanilla >= MoP >> Cata

    Stopped playing MoP before 5.2
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  18. #458
    Pit Lord miffy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It never won 2+ years ago, just saying. It's likely due to so many of the old playerbase no longer playing, look how many people even in the posts haven't played pre-wrath.
    Most people playing today started in Wotlk, some in TBC. There are almost none of us old Classic dudes around, and the TBC breed is very rare as well. Many will also sometimes claim to have played in TBC or Wotlk because communities like MMO-C poke fun at you if you didn't, which is a lamentable fact.

    The poll reflects the playerbase right now quite well I think: most answers are based on when people started playing and which time they have the fondest memories of. And when you look at how badly Cata ranks, it explains why MoP is so high - MoP is amazing and I consider it the best expansion to date, but it benefits greatly from the crap that was Cata.

    Started in TBC, quit in Cata: TBC wins.
    Started in Wotlk, quit in Cata: Wotlk wis.
    Started in either, played through Cata into MoP: MoP wins.

    I think the number of people that actually started in Cata or MoP in this poll can be counted on one hand.

  19. #459
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I think the number of people that actually started in Cata or MoP in this poll can be counted on one hand.
    I think a slight exaggeration but I agree with the concept, majority of the mmo-base are probably wrath-babies these days.

    AND THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT GUYS. Having played in TBC/classic means nothing in most discussions, only for having a viewpoint/comparison of the game back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Most people playing today started in Wotlk, some in TBC. There are almost none of us old Classic dudes around, and the TBC breed is very rare as well. Many will also sometimes claim to have played in TBC or Wotlk because communities like MMO-C poke fun at you if you didn't, which is a lamentable fact.

    The poll reflects the playerbase right now quite well I think: most answers are based on when people started playing and which time they have the fondest memories of. And when you look at how badly Cata ranks, it explains why MoP is so high - MoP is amazing and I consider it the best expansion to date, but it benefits greatly from the crap that was Cata.

    Started in TBC, quit in Cata: TBC wins.
    Started in Wotlk, quit in Cata: Wotlk wis.
    Started in either, played through Cata into MoP: MoP wins.

    I think the number of people that actually started in Cata or MoP in this poll can be counted on one hand.
    Exactly my thoughts aswell (about the bias of the starting xPac). This poll should be taken with a grain of salt. Or every vote should mention when did he/she start playing.
    (and yes, there's nothing wrong with starting lately, it's just important for putting results into perspective)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •