View Poll Results: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Voters
1509. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Burning Crusade

    377 24.98%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

    631 41.82%
  • Cataclysm

    56 3.71%
  • Mists of Pandaria

    445 29.49%
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
... LastLast
  1. #521
    MoP isnt over yet, or did I miss something?

  2. #522
    MoP > WLK > TBC > Cata > Vanilla

    While I had loads of fun in vanilla, looking back at it without all the nostalgia, it was a pretty basic game and lacked a lot of good features that we got in the last few years.

  3. #523
    TBC -> MoP -> Vanilla -> Cata = Wrath (Wrath slightly behind Cata because I can grind my way through Cata, but I can't even log into any characters who've reached the Wrath levels)

    I never played the original Warcraft games, so my interest in the Scourge and Arthas was pretty low to begin with. What bits and pieces got shoved down my throat during Wrath pretty much turned me off of the expansion forever. It didn't help that the voice distortions were EVERYwhere, made so many different NPC personalities sound too much alike.

    I guess the Burning Legion's threat felt more like a threat, while the Scourge's threat felt more like flirting. Cata at least introduced a lot of really neat pre-60 content, and didn't hammer away at a dead horse throughout (which could also be described as having a very disjointed story). MoP's just been basically fun, not too painful to level alts through, and has some variance in the tone of the stories told - it's not a complete downer from start to finish, it's been a while since they touched on that.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

  4. #524
    I feel like this expansion was okay but was very different to what wow is, or better, used to be like.

    I felt very distant because its complete new story (apart from soo which rocks) and i didn't feel one moment in thecexpansion that i knew what i was doing. The race pandarian for me is not appealing, i like the race but i stikk dislike that they are playable as that means those pandas will still be with us in alk coming expansions and i dont like that. Im kinda a conservative guy, i like being stuck to the lore from the books but i understand blizzard needs to explore new stuff. I felt closest to lich king and bc. Cata was okay and cata did the needed things.

    Mop is just too weird for me, also the reason i stopped raiding very heavily. Being dominated by dailies ruined the wow experience.

    Sorry but this is the expansion i dislike most. I have py hopes up for the burning legion expansion that is rumoured to come, which will get me back in to it i think.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    MoP isnt over yet, or did I miss something?
    Sort of. While it continues to be current and active, there won't be any significant changes to the gameplay or story till the next expansion.

  6. #526
    TBC/MOP > Cata > WotLK.
    Classic is not an expansion so not including it.

    If they can pull another expansion like MOP I'll be quite happy.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Sadly, this poll may be a little biased.
    There might be many people who have moved on from MoP currently, and therefore are not an active part of this forum; therefore MoP is getting a higher rating than it should have.

    Personally, TBC and WoTLK were far better experiences for anyone who played all of WoW. I only played MoP for 2-3 months and quit instantly due to the setting of the game.
    You might be right about there being a slight bias, but most on this forum is oldtimers. If you read through you see a lot ranking all the expansions. I did play from the beginning, and i disagree with you. Go figure how that works >P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  8. #528
    The Patient Reserk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Syd - Straya (Australia)
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    TBC is my first love, it will ALWAYS come first for me, but...

    MoP has been amazing, seriously

    Some of the best game music not just WoW music, I can't not have music turned off in a Pandaria zone, it's beautiful.
    Questing: By far the best questing experience so far, more to do with fun things here and there, excellent voice acting and cut scenes added to a decent amount of quests (Lorewalkers are amazing - storytime)
    Art is subjective and if you don't like Asian themes you wouldn't of liked MoP, but in terms of detail and such, it keeps getting better and it's been the best so far
    Adding dungeons as full huge sized buildings into zones
    Pet battles: Again, this is up to you, but I generally enjoy them when I have 10 mins spare with nothing to do, plus I like collecting things...and you can't say adding more to do is a bad thing.
    Cloud Serpents: Aka Netherwing Drakes, It's a slight grind, but it feels good to have a faction like this back, it's a carbon copy pretty much, but it works, and the mounts are gorgeous.
    Professions got a ton of mounts, more improvement could be done, but they gave us alot more options, archaeology kinda sucked in rewards though.
    The Tillers: I haven't really done much of it, but it's there, and it's different, again, it's another thing to do IF you like, which is a + in my book.
    Proving Grounds: Again, another plus, I won't be there all the time because I have my gold, but I'll go for endless 30, it could have more of a reason to go back, but once again, something new to kill the time +
    Brawlers guild: See above +
    Black Market Auction House: Another +, okay you need to be rich, but it's a great concept for those who have the money and have no luck on drops farming A'lar for 5 year etc.
    Cloak: Honestly, you can call it a welfare legendary, but I don't, because it does actually take time to get it, and if you played from the beginning, it spanned across the entire expansion, that is not something handed to you, much better than random 0.1% drops. +

    I could go on and on.

    I think most people unfairly rate it because of "lolpandas" and all that crap, see past it and you find one of the best, if not the best, WoW expansion so far.

    Some things sucked, LFR needs improvement but isn't a bad concept at all, flex was possibly what ruined it, needs re-thinking, but LFR isn't purely MoP. iLevel shouldn't be taken purely as an indicator of skill, blah blah blah.

    I CAN'T WAIT for the next xpac where they take the best from MoP and improve it once more.

    So leaving my love of TBC behind it would honestly be:

    MoP > Wotlk > TBC > Cata

    I've never been so pumped for the next expansion, hurry up Blizzcon!
    This is what I like to see. All aboard the Blizzcon train! Chugga Chugga! WOOT WOOT!

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    How much of MoP did you really play though? Because it is so intensely packed with lore, you can't get around it. The whole MoP story was one big coherent story that tied up a lot of loose ends and was played out rather magnificently. And no, it's not 'all about pandaren'.
    But maybe it comes down to 'I don't like Asian stuff' again.

    For me it's MOP - WOTLK - BC - (Vanilla -) Cat. I sure enjoyed a large part of Cata, but I just have better memories from the others Call it nostalgia.
    It's all pandas and China and pandas and China are not lore.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Sadly, this poll may be a little biased.
    There might be many people who have moved on from MoP currently, and therefore are not an active part of this forum; therefore MoP is getting a higher rating than it should have.

    Personally, TBC and WoTLK were far better experiences for anyone who played all of WoW. I only played MoP for 2-3 months and quit instantly due to the setting of the game.
    "The poll isn't reflecting my opinion, therefore it must be biased". Really, that's what you're sounding like.

    2-3 months is a far cry from instantly.

  11. #531
    MoP>TBC>>Wrath>>>Cata

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    TBC -> MoP -> Vanilla -> Cata = Wrath (Wrath slightly behind Cata because I can grind my way through Cata, but I can't even log into any characters who've reached the Wrath levels)

    I never played the original Warcraft games, so my interest in the Scourge and Arthas was pretty low to begin with. What bits and pieces got shoved down my throat during Wrath pretty much turned me off of the expansion forever. It didn't help that the voice distortions were EVERYwhere, made so many different NPC personalities sound too much alike.

    I guess the Burning Legion's threat felt more like a threat, while the Scourge's threat felt more like flirting. Cata at least introduced a lot of really neat pre-60 content, and didn't hammer away at a dead horse throughout (which could also be described as having a very disjointed story). MoP's just been basically fun, not too painful to level alts through, and has some variance in the tone of the stories told - it's not a complete downer from start to finish, it's been a while since they touched on that.
    Did you not play BC to WotLK or did you miss how and why we went there?

    The CotD came back with a force and began to infect EK and Kalimdor and the attacks on the cities etc. Necropolises were down from NR and there was the full scale attack on EP via Ebon Hold. The full scale attacks on Org and SW were the point where we geared up for war and pushed them back to NR and decided that it was time to take the battle there. I mean the whole Pre WotLK events were so much larger than the Pre BC events.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "The poll isn't reflecting my opinion, therefore it must be biased". Really, that's what you're sounding like.

    2-3 months is a far cry from instantly.
    What he said made complete sense. "I don't like what you said so I'm going to dissect it to make your view look bad"

    He was saying he played for 2-3 months. He INSTANTLY decided one day to quit after those months. It wasn't a should I shouldn't I moment that lasted weeks. It was "enough of this I'm done".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Cloak: Honestly, you can call it a welfare legendary, but I don't, because it does actually take time to get it, and if you played from the beginning, it spanned across the entire expansion, that is not something handed to you, much better than random 0.1% drops. +
    Gonna stop you there and say yes it was handed to you. You had to do about 3-5 extra tasks outside of what you were already doing. It was handed to you compared to some other legendaries. It changed 0 fights in raiding. It made it to where to join any serious guild you must have it because it was available to everyone. This legendary was perhaps the worst idea with the best intentions.

    Next legendary? Limit it to 1 player to get a drop per boss but any class. That way it removes the 2 unfair things that normal legendaries and this current one have done: It's open to everyone and it's not given out en masse.

  13. #533
    I started in wotlk wich i think was the best expansion i have played. Cata was a disaster but with MoP Blizzard really stepped it up again!

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    What he said made complete sense. "I don't like what you said so I'm going to dissect it to make your view look bad"
    I never claimed it didn't make sense. He didn't dissect it, though, he just claimed it was faulty based on some poorly founded assumptions of his.

    He was saying he played for 2-3 months. He INSTANTLY decided one day to quit after those months. It wasn't a should I shouldn't I moment that lasted weeks. It was "enough of this I'm done".
    That's 2-3 months to make the decision. Not instant. He may have finally arrived at the conclusion "instantly", but it still took him up to 3 months to get there. Don't twist the words.

  15. #535
    Dreadlord Darkrulerxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    935
    In terms of atmosphere/raiding/fun-ness->> MOP
    In terms of lore---->Wotlk (big arthas fan and warcraft frozen throne so may be biased)
    best pvp fun---> TBC/Wrath

    HOWEVER

    PVP has been atrocious in MOP, the worst by far from any expansion.....absolutely horrible with instant ccs, constant lock-downs/stuns/ bursty as hell OP classes.

    I'm a big pvp fan but my god i unsubbed from how unplayable it as at the moment; they need to separate pvp and pve buffs/nerfs and it would finally fix everything!

    bring back Wrath style PVP!

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    TBC is my first love, it will ALWAYS come first for me, but...

    MoP has been amazing, seriously

    Some of the best game music not just WoW music, I can't not have music turned off in a Pandaria zone, it's beautiful.
    Questing: By far the best questing experience so far, more to do with fun things here and there, excellent voice acting and cut scenes added to a decent amount of quests (Lorewalkers are amazing - storytime)
    Art is subjective and if you don't like Asian themes you wouldn't of liked MoP, but in terms of detail and such, it keeps getting better and it's been the best so far
    Adding dungeons as full huge sized buildings into zones
    Pet battles: Again, this is up to you, but I generally enjoy them when I have 10 mins spare with nothing to do, plus I like collecting things...and you can't say adding more to do is a bad thing.
    Cloud Serpents: Aka Netherwing Drakes, It's a slight grind, but it feels good to have a faction like this back, it's a carbon copy pretty much, but it works, and the mounts are gorgeous.
    Professions got a ton of mounts, more improvement could be done, but they gave us alot more options, archaeology kinda sucked in rewards though.
    The Tillers: I haven't really done much of it, but it's there, and it's different, again, it's another thing to do IF you like, which is a + in my book.
    Proving Grounds: Again, another plus, I won't be there all the time because I have my gold, but I'll go for endless 30, it could have more of a reason to go back, but once again, something new to kill the time +
    Brawlers guild: See above +
    Black Market Auction House: Another +, okay you need to be rich, but it's a great concept for those who have the money and have no luck on drops farming A'lar for 5 year etc.
    Cloak: Honestly, you can call it a welfare legendary, but I don't, because it does actually take time to get it, and if you played from the beginning, it spanned across the entire expansion, that is not something handed to you, much better than random 0.1% drops. +

    I could go on and on.

    I think most people unfairly rate it because of "lolpandas" and all that crap, see past it and you find one of the best, if not the best, WoW expansion so far.

    Some things sucked, LFR needs improvement but isn't a bad concept at all, flex was possibly what ruined it, needs re-thinking, but LFR isn't purely MoP. iLevel shouldn't be taken purely as an indicator of skill, blah blah blah.

    I CAN'T WAIT for the next xpac where they take the best from MoP and improve it once more.

    So leaving my love of TBC behind it would honestly be:

    MoP > Wotlk > TBC > Cata

    I've never been so pumped for the next expansion, hurry up Blizzcon!

    This i cant wait for blizzcon. I really looking forward for the next expansion i really hope they pick on all the things introduced with MoP and improve it.

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    oh wow. just... wow. i hate to break it to you, but your memory plays evil tricks on you. it makes you think _everyone_ was like you, when instead you were alone. it was YOUR opinion, not that of _everyone_. please try to remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    there is not a SINGLE valid opinion to be found in this thread but mine. BC was best.
    Pot calling the kettle black, quite sad.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  18. #538
    flawed poll is flawed.. it assumes we played every expansion. And if it assumes we didn't, then the results are meaningless.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

  19. #539
    High Overlord Puppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    139
    Tbc>wotlk>mop>cata

  20. #540
    it`s hard for me ranking the expansions on any way. i liked the way raiding was back in vanilla and tbc, because people weren't that focused on perfomance and everyone helped each other without thinking about personal progression. on the other hand though this difficulty increase with each expansion (you could say you just now the game better) is fun as well.
    the raid i enjoyed the most until now was ulduar. you have to note that i never was a hardcore raider but for the first introduction of hardmode raiding i was quite seccuessful in ulduar and story and architecure was quite cool.
    as i have struggled finding a raid in near complete pandaria and all patches in between were a mess it's hard for me to call MoP good. Although you had too much to do i still think the dailies in the 5.0 patch were the best.

    So i would go with the following:

    TBC > Vanilla > Wotlk > MoP > cata

    All being very close (how ever only if you take in my favriote content of each expansion). There are always everywhere downtimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •