View Poll Results: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Voters
1509. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Burning Crusade

377 24.98%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

631 41.82%
  • Cataclysm

56 3.71%
  • Mists of Pandaria

445 29.49%
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If cata would've stuck with the difficulty it had at launch it would have easily been my favorite, but it turned out to be the worst.
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    So Im confused on what "great raid content" wrath had. You mean Burnout Citadel or Naxx?
    Yes, ICC and Naxx. Naxxramas 2.0 got a bad wrap because it was so easy, but as far as enjoyable content goes it was great. Alt runs. Casual pugs. Laid back main raids. If you were looking for a challenge, it wasn't so great... but for pure fun and enjoyment? Naxx 2.0 was a high point I think. It was really the very first time that raid content was accessible. I say all that as someone who has been at the bleeding edge of raiding for almost a decade now.

ICC is in my opinion the finest raid instance they've ever created. Yea, it dragged on a little too long, but it had something for literally everyone. 10N for casual guilds and pugs, 25N and 10H for organized groups, and 25H for the bleeding edge crowd. Everyone was happy. Some of my best times in WoW were had during the long lifespan of ICC in both main raids, alt raids, and most importantly GDKP pugs.

Ulduar was also a fantastic instance, although I think it was a little overrated personally.

ToC and ToGC rightfully get reamed. That was an awful instance from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I mean, how you can even compare Cataclysm 5mans and Wrath 5mans is beyond me, they are complete opposites. Wrath was an AoEfest and Cata took thought and minor coordination, which led to massive subloss of the players who were accustomed to LOL AOE SPAMM XDDDDD
    Cata heroics for the first month required (some) thought and coordination, but after they were nerfed they were right back to WotLK AoE-fests.

My comparison was mostly about ICC 5-mans and Hour of Twilight 5-mans. Both rewarded very good gear and both were faceroll. For alts, it was very well designed compared to the LFR grind of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Yes, ICC and Naxx. Naxxramas 2.0 got a bad wrap because it was so easy, but as far as enjoyable content goes it was great. Alt runs. Casual pugs. Laid back main raids. If you were looking for a challenge, it wasn't so great... but for pure fun and enjoyment? Naxx 2.0 was a high point I think. It was really the very first time that raid content was accessible. I say all that as someone who has been at the bleeding edge of raiding for almost a decade now.

ICC is in my opinion the finest raid instance they've ever created. Yea, it dragged on a little too long, but it had something for literally everyone. 10N for casual guilds and pugs, 25N and 10H for organized groups, and 25H for the bleeding edge crowd. Everyone was happy. Some of my best times in WoW were had during the long lifespan of ICC in both main raids, alt raids, and most importantly GDKP pugs.

Ulduar was also a fantastic instance, although I think it was a little overrated personally.

ToC and ToGC rightfully get reamed. That was an awful instance from start to finish.

Cata heroics for the first month required (some) thought and coordination, but after they were nerfed they were right back to WotLK AoE-fests.

My comparison was mostly about ICC 5-mans and Hour of Twilight 5-mans. Both rewarded very good gear and both were faceroll. For alts, it was very well designed compared to the LFR grind of today.
    I agree with the first part, wotlk made raiding accessible to most of the peoples especially those that back in bc got stuck with kara and zul aman; regarding cata heroic the problem wasn't only the coordination required but also the change that blizzard do to healers mana regen, i remember perfectly many runs where even after using cc the healer was oom, so they raised the difficult + required coordination + lack of gear+ change to the healers = wipefest.
    Wiping like crazy in lfg just do the daily was not fun at all and many peoples tell that to blizzard with their pocket, in the same way today peoples is telling blizzard that putting in game a crazy number of daily quests, only few dungeons, etc is not the right way to go.
    Imho blizzard should go back to wotlk design adapting some nice futures they introduced in cata and mop.
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

MoP > Cata > Wrath > TBC

Nagrand was the only thing i could stand in TBC, rest of the zones and questing were no fun for me at all.

Very low, wrath was best imo, miles better then what we have now.

I really hope next expansion is darker with a more mature setting.

Gonna get hate for it
    Cata>wrath>tbc=mop

For me personally I liked WoW better pre-expansions.

As far as MoP, playing through it for the first time it has to be the most melee unfriendly expansion to date, they went way out of control on the don't step in, stand on, or must run away from tactics, and not in just dungeons and raids either, they spread this crap all over the questing zone encounters too.

Wotl>Late MoP 5.2 and out>TBC>Cata>Start of MoP due to dailes
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

Have we really hit that moment where all of a sudden people now say wrath was the best expansion?

Crazy times.

TBC=MoP>>>wrath>cata

The Patient
    MoP > BC > Wrath > Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    flawed poll is flawed.. it assumes we played every expansion. And if it assumes we didn't, then the results are meaningless.
    MMO-C in flawed poll horror, authorities are aware of this and are investigating, currently busy investigating flawed polls on mumsnet on whether you dunk your penis in a cup.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

WOTLK is still the best.

Although MOP comes very very close.

WotLK > MoP > BC > Vanilla > Cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    Have we really hit that moment where all of a sudden people now say wrath was the best expansion?
    People have been saying that since Wrath.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    People have been saying that since Cataclysm.
    Fixed for you

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Fixed for you
    Some of us were saying it during Wrath, buddy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

how can people vote for cata/mop

disgusting

WotLK > MoP = TBC > Vanilla > Cataclysm
    i require ham.

WotLk > TBC > Cata = MoP
    MoP's Asian theme and music is so annoying. The quest zones are all bad except for dread wastes/klaxxi chain. Boring month long daily grind for every faction. The dungeons are not fun, rewarding, or challenging. LFR is too damn hard taking 4 hours per wing. The only good part of the entire expansion is the legendary quest line.

TBC > Vannila > Wotlk > Cata > Mop